Forum
Last updated: 

What are the restrictions of a Bankrupt?

I am about to file for bankruptcy but I've heard that there are certain restrictions once a person is declared bankrupt. I am curious about those restrictions and I want to find out more about them so that I could re-evaluate my current situation and think of alternative solutions before I file for bankrupptcy.

User comments

• user image

No Name

If you are in debt and are having a hard time repaying your creditors then I suggest that voluntarily filing for bankruptcy is the better option. Though there are some restrictions, it wouldn't really affect your daily life and necessities. Once declared bankrupt you cannot be appointed as a trustee or personal representative in respect of any trust or estate, unless the court approves, commence legal action against another person without permission from the OA unless on the grounds of personal injury or divorce, leave Singapore without the OA's permission, borrow more that S$500 without informing the lender that you are bankrupt and participate in the management of business or acts as the director of a company without the permission of the OA or the High Court.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Should I voluntarily file for bankruptcy or should I wat for a creditor to di it?

WHat would happen if I have been declared bankrupt?

Who would manage my bankruptcy estate and who decides my target contributions?

My business is going down. Now what?

Am i qualified to have a bank account?

What would happen to my assets and my debts if I pass away?

Related Reviews

Dash all the way from Singapore to Thailand

Singtel Dash is an e-wallet, so once you download the Singtel Dash app and log in, you can top up your dash account. It also works as a virtual visa account, so the account comes with its own unique 16-digit Dash Visa virtual account number and security code. Singtel Dash is can be used in Thailand in as well as in Singapore, making it more attractive to Singaporeans who frequently travel to Thailand. The app also lets you transfer money to another account, remit money overseas and, if you have an NFC-enabled phone, tap in and out of train and bus rides.

Dash / Telecom Equipment

A robust application built with simplicity and fast payments in mind

Yoyo Wallet is a robust application built with simplicity and fast payments in mind. You connect your cards (debit and credit) or Apple Pay once and start using your smartphone to make payments. It allows you to keep all your financial detail in a centralized place, gain no additional wallet weight and take only your smartphone on your shopping experiences. The solution is ultra-secure; your financial details are stored by a trusted payment service provider and not in your smartphone or by Yoyo.

Yoyo Wallet / Yoyo Wallet

I cant tell if it is the App or my phone malfunctioning

This app has been lagging badly for these past one week or thereabout. It got stuck a couple of times last week, while this week, it is just says "busy" while entering the app or after I click to transact. Not sure if it is my upgrade to Android 10 or something else. I wonder if it is my phone that is the problem

Mighty Pay / United Overseas Bank

Enhance mobile payment capabilities

Liquid Pay is a much smaller player in the scene, but I am seeing more and more of that bright blue logo nowadays. Liquid Group is a payments technology company that works with financial institutions and telcos to enhance mobile payment capabilities. Amidst the competitive market, it seems that Liquid Pay has an uphill battle acquiring customers from other mobile wallets that boasts more integration with other uses like GrabPay and DBS PayLah. Yet, given the circumstances, Liquid Pay is surprisingly widely accepted at food and beverage outlets.

Liquid Pay / Fave Group

No refunding from wallet if there is an error in the process of toping up an amount

This platform provides zero flexibility of refunding from wallet if there is an error in the process of toping up the amount. Been told by Customer service that the only way is to terminate the account and the refund will be credited after 2 weeks. The UI as well have to be clear at the home screen on which default payment mode are we on as I've been told that the payment mode might switch every time after updating the app

NETSPay / Electronic Transfers Singapore

A mobile app that allows you to manage your credit card account and payment services

The BOC SG eWallet is a new mobile app that allows you to manage your credit card account and payment service. You can use your BOC SG eWallet mobile app to bind/unbind your BOC Unionpay credit card for QR Code payments, QR transactions history tracking, etc.Both consumer-presented and merchant-presented QR scanning functions are available. Your transactions made via the mobile app is secured. For more details, you can click on “Security Tips

BOC SG eWallet / Bank of China