Forum
Last updated: 

What are the restrictions of a Bankrupt?

I am about to file for bankruptcy but I've heard that there are certain restrictions once a person is declared bankrupt. I am curious about those restrictions and I want to find out more about them so that I could re-evaluate my current situation and think of alternative solutions before I file for bankrupptcy.

Search other products or providers:

User comments

• user image

No Name

If you are in debt and are having a hard time repaying your creditors then I suggest that voluntarily filing for bankruptcy is the better option. Though there are some restrictions, it wouldn't really affect your daily life and necessities. Once declared bankrupt you cannot be appointed as a trustee or personal representative in respect of any trust or estate, unless the court approves, commence legal action against another person without permission from the OA unless on the grounds of personal injury or divorce, leave Singapore without the OA's permission, borrow more that S$500 without informing the lender that you are bankrupt and participate in the management of business or acts as the director of a company without the permission of the OA or the High Court.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Banking

I cannot pay these expenses anyomore

Banking

How much does it cost to file for bankruptcy?

Banking

What would happen to my assets and my debts if I pass away?

Banking

Can fraud be an applicable case towards me if I were to file fraud for an individual who claimed my checks?

Banking

Can I borrow money physical money from a bank?

Banking

Will my family members be required to help me repay my debt?

Related Reviews

Banking

You don’t need to top up credits to send a transfer

OCBC PayAnyone works in the same way as DBS PayLah. The main difference however, is that while you can still register an account with DBS PayLah without a DBS/POSB account, OCBC Pay Anyone is connected to your bank account so you need an OCBC account to use Pay Anyone. The transactions are then credited to and deducted from OCBC savings or current accounts. You don’t need to top up credits.The good thing is that the recipient you are sending money to via Pay Anyone doesn’t need the app to receive the funds. They will receive an email link whereby they can click and key in their bank information to receive the money. However, if you already bank with OCBC, you will have the option of using OCBC PayAnyone to directly pay from your OCBC savings or current accounts.

OCBC Pay Anyone / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Banking

Awesome features and top-notch security measures

I like how you can transfer your cash out and it’s liquid and at the same time you can use it for overseas payments. Love the feature of the one- time destroyable card number to protect your wallets from fraudsters. Very simple and straightforward user interface. Topping up the account was easy using credit card and there were plenty of security tools that allows you to turn on & off real time to keep your account safe. Real time viewing of exchange rate in app is definitely a function that I love so that I can do the conversion real time to know how much I will be spending in local currency.

Revolut / Revolut

Banking

Enhance mobile payment capabilities

Liquid Pay is a much smaller player in the scene, but I am seeing more and more of that bright blue logo nowadays. Liquid Group is a payments technology company that works with financial institutions and telcos to enhance mobile payment capabilities. Amidst the competitive market, it seems that Liquid Pay has an uphill battle acquiring customers from other mobile wallets that boasts more integration with other uses like GrabPay and DBS PayLah. Yet, given the circumstances, Liquid Pay is surprisingly widely accepted at food and beverage outlets.

Liquid Pay / Fave Group

Banking

All conversion transactions cannot be reversed.

I transferred the wrong amount of KrisFlyer miles to KrisPay and could not reverse it. As the top up process into KrisPay account is only one-way, I was told I will not be able to process any reversal. Please ensure that the KrisFlyer miles or partner reward points you wish to transfer to KrisPay are correct before proceeding to confirm the top-up. All conversion transactions cannot be reversed.

KrisPay / Singapore Airlines

Banking

A mobile app that allows you to manage your credit card account and payment services

The BOC SG eWallet is a new mobile app that allows you to manage your credit card account and payment service. You can use your BOC SG eWallet mobile app to bind/unbind your BOC Unionpay credit card for QR Code payments, QR transactions history tracking, etc.Both consumer-presented and merchant-presented QR scanning functions are available. Your transactions made via the mobile app is secured. For more details, you can click on “Security Tips

BOC SG eWallet / Bank of China

Banking

Hassle free overseas usage with good rates as compared to the rest of the competitors

YouTrip is actually a god-sent card for those who are conscious of amount spent especially when travelling overseas. With predetermined exchange rate, there is no shock and surprises after a well-deserved holiday trip with all the shopping and nice food. Hassle free overseas usage with good rates as compared to the rest of the competitors. One suggestion is to avail your card into digital card wallet like apple pay or Samsung pay so that it will afford you a fully hassle free usage without the need of bringing the physical card. Use it anytime anywhere with just your phone.

YouTrip / You Technologies Group