Forum
Last updated: 

Which among my properties would b sold to the bankrupt estate and could I use it to pay off my target contributions?

I am eligible to file for a bankruptcy and I am also thinking of filing for one but I don't know how it actually works. I want to know which of my assets would be sold to the bankruptcy estate .I also want to know if I could use my property in the bankruptcy estate to pay off my target contribution.

User comments

• user image

No Name

First, if you are declared as bankrupt then all your assets except those that are protected from bankruptcy,such as HBD flats would be sold and the proceeds would be placed in the bankruptcy estate. SecondThe property sold to the bankruptcy estate cannot be used to pay off your target contributions.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What would happen to my assets and my debts if I pass away?

What are the benefits of filing for bankrutpcy?

Can I reposses and own my wife's car?

What are the assets that are protected from being part of my bankrupt estate?

Can fraud be an applicable case towards me if I were to file fraud for an individual who claimed my checks?

What are the roles of an official Assignee?

Related Reviews

The most common and easiest, method for person-to-person payments

The most common, and easiest, method for WeChat payments is person-to-person. The person to whom you’re sending money must already be a WeChat friend of yours. You start by composing a message to them and then add a “transfer” to them. When you click on the “transfer” button, you’ll be asked how much money you want to send to them. Enter an amount in RMB. You’ll then be asked to enter your password. Do that, and you’ll see a reddish-orange “transfer” icon appears.The recipient will see this in their WeChat app, and will then have to accept the transfer. Once they do, they will receive it.

WeChat Pay / Tencent Holdings

The range of partner merchants isn’t that extensive

If you’re a serial Grab commuter, you might already have used GrabPay.They also have a number of partner merchants who accept payment using the GrabPay app.You have to top up your GrabPay account in order to use it anyway and honestly, the range of partner merchants isn’t that great and is mostly limited to small neighbourhood businesses. If you’re serious about using an e-wallet for most of your transactions, you will definitely need to download another e-wallet app for day-to-day use.

GrabPay / Gpay Network S

A mobile app that allows you to manage your credit card account and payment services

The BOC SG eWallet is a new mobile app that allows you to manage your credit card account and payment service. You can use your BOC SG eWallet mobile app to bind/unbind your BOC Unionpay credit card for QR Code payments, QR transactions history tracking, etc.Both consumer-presented and merchant-presented QR scanning functions are available. Your transactions made via the mobile app is secured. For more details, you can click on “Security Tips

BOC SG eWallet / Bank of China

No refunding from wallet if there is an error in the process of toping up an amount

This platform provides zero flexibility of refunding from wallet if there is an error in the process of toping up the amount. Been told by Customer service that the only way is to terminate the account and the refund will be credited after 2 weeks. The UI as well have to be clear at the home screen on which default payment mode are we on as I've been told that the payment mode might switch every time after updating the app

NETSPay / Electronic Transfers Singapore

Terrible customer service in Singapore.

This folks have a terrible customer service in Singapore. If you have a problem, then good luck trying to contact them. I requested for refund and stop any payment to a certain company because I did not receive the ordered items and there was no delivery schedule or whatsoever. The reply was really classic, "Thank you for reporting this case, after reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection" and just like that the case was closed.

PayPal / PayPal

A robust application built with simplicity and fast payments in mind

Yoyo Wallet is a robust application built with simplicity and fast payments in mind. You connect your cards (debit and credit) or Apple Pay once and start using your smartphone to make payments. It allows you to keep all your financial detail in a centralized place, gain no additional wallet weight and take only your smartphone on your shopping experiences. The solution is ultra-secure; your financial details are stored by a trusted payment service provider and not in your smartphone or by Yoyo.

Yoyo Wallet / Yoyo Wallet