Forum
Last updated: 

What are the assets that are protected from being part of my bankrupt estate?

I was wondering if there is a way to be discharged from bankruptcy as soon as possible and then I thought of selling all my assets. Is it possible to sell all my assets so that it would become part of my bankruptcy estate or are there some restrictions like assets that I can;t sell because they are protected?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Sadly it is not possible to sell all your assets because some assets are protected and selling all your assets wouldn't be a good idea either because then nothing would be left. Protected assets include property held by you as a trustee for someone else, your HBD flats, Life insurance policies held in express trust for your spouse or children, any item or furnitures required for your family's needs and many more.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Which among my properties would b sold to the bankrupt estate and could I use it to pay off my target contributions?

I cannot pay these expenses anyomore

What are the restrictions of a Bankrupt?

Which of my assets can be part of my bankruptcy estate?

WHat would happen if I have been declared bankrupt?

Can I borrow money physical money from a bank?

Related Reviews

No refunding from wallet if there is an error in the process of toping up an amount

This platform provides zero flexibility of refunding from wallet if there is an error in the process of toping up the amount. Been told by Customer service that the only way is to terminate the account and the refund will be credited after 2 weeks. The UI as well have to be clear at the home screen on which default payment mode are we on as I've been told that the payment mode might switch every time after updating the app

NETSPay / Electronic Transfers Singapore

Terrible customer service in Singapore.

This folks have a terrible customer service in Singapore. If you have a problem, then good luck trying to contact them. I requested for refund and stop any payment to a certain company because I did not receive the ordered items and there was no delivery schedule or whatsoever. The reply was really classic, "Thank you for reporting this case, after reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection" and just like that the case was closed.

PayPal / PayPal

Enhance mobile payment capabilities

Liquid Pay is a much smaller player in the scene, but I am seeing more and more of that bright blue logo nowadays. Liquid Group is a payments technology company that works with financial institutions and telcos to enhance mobile payment capabilities. Amidst the competitive market, it seems that Liquid Pay has an uphill battle acquiring customers from other mobile wallets that boasts more integration with other uses like GrabPay and DBS PayLah. Yet, given the circumstances, Liquid Pay is surprisingly widely accepted at food and beverage outlets.

Liquid Pay / Fave Group

A robust application built with simplicity and fast payments in mind

Yoyo Wallet is a robust application built with simplicity and fast payments in mind. You connect your cards (debit and credit) or Apple Pay once and start using your smartphone to make payments. It allows you to keep all your financial detail in a centralized place, gain no additional wallet weight and take only your smartphone on your shopping experiences. The solution is ultra-secure; your financial details are stored by a trusted payment service provider and not in your smartphone or by Yoyo.

Yoyo Wallet / Yoyo Wallet

Convinence using the App to search for great deals nearby

FavePay is the new kid on the block somewhat, yet they’ve been growing aggressively. Fave Pay is now available not only in Singapore but also in Johor Bahru, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Jakarta, Bali and other Malaysian and Indonesian locations.The main thing that sets FavePay apart from the rest is that they offer generous deals and cash back at many of the merchants on their list and you can even use the app to search for deals nearby. Rather than shopping and retail, Fave Pay is focused on dining and experiences, and their merchant selection reflects that

FavePay / Fave Group

Hassle free overseas usage with good rates as compared to the rest of the competitors

YouTrip is actually a god-sent card for those who are conscious of amount spent especially when travelling overseas. With predetermined exchange rate, there is no shock and surprises after a well-deserved holiday trip with all the shopping and nice food. Hassle free overseas usage with good rates as compared to the rest of the competitors. One suggestion is to avail your card into digital card wallet like apple pay or Samsung pay so that it will afford you a fully hassle free usage without the need of bringing the physical card. Use it anytime anywhere with just your phone.

YouTrip / You Technologies Group