Forum
Last updated: 

Can I borrow money physical money from a bank?

As I just opened a bank account, I am wondering if I could borrow physical money and not just use my card in online transactions. There are transactions that needs cash and not via debit cards or credit cards. I heard from other people that you can borrow physical money from the bank and use it to pay for any transaction.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Loaning from the banks is not that difficult. It still depends on the bank that you are loaning. You can loan for cars, houses and you can talk to the bank what other things you can loan from them. Usually you need a stable job for you to loan there. They need to see some legal documents and properties to ensure that you'll pay back.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can fraud be an applicable case towards me if I were to file fraud for an individual who claimed my checks?

What are the roles of an official Assignee?

Would my future employers know if I ever filed for a bankruptcy in the past?

Should I voluntarily file for bankruptcy or should I wat for a creditor to di it?

I cannot pay these expenses anyomore

Which of my assets can be part of my bankruptcy estate?

Related Reviews

You don’t need to top up credits to send a transfer

OCBC PayAnyone works in the same way as DBS PayLah. The main difference however, is that while you can still register an account with DBS PayLah without a DBS/POSB account, OCBC Pay Anyone is connected to your bank account so you need an OCBC account to use Pay Anyone. The transactions are then credited to and deducted from OCBC savings or current accounts. You don’t need to top up credits.The good thing is that the recipient you are sending money to via Pay Anyone doesn’t need the app to receive the funds. They will receive an email link whereby they can click and key in their bank information to receive the money. However, if you already bank with OCBC, you will have the option of using OCBC PayAnyone to directly pay from your OCBC savings or current accounts.

OCBC Pay Anyone / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Awesome features and top-notch security measures

I like how you can transfer your cash out and it’s liquid and at the same time you can use it for overseas payments. Love the feature of the one- time destroyable card number to protect your wallets from fraudsters. Very simple and straightforward user interface. Topping up the account was easy using credit card and there were plenty of security tools that allows you to turn on & off real time to keep your account safe. Real time viewing of exchange rate in app is definitely a function that I love so that I can do the conversion real time to know how much I will be spending in local currency.

Revolut / Revolut

Hassle free overseas usage with good rates as compared to the rest of the competitors

YouTrip is actually a god-sent card for those who are conscious of amount spent especially when travelling overseas. With predetermined exchange rate, there is no shock and surprises after a well-deserved holiday trip with all the shopping and nice food. Hassle free overseas usage with good rates as compared to the rest of the competitors. One suggestion is to avail your card into digital card wallet like apple pay or Samsung pay so that it will afford you a fully hassle free usage without the need of bringing the physical card. Use it anytime anywhere with just your phone.

YouTrip / You Technologies Group

I cant tell if it is the App or my phone malfunctioning

This app has been lagging badly for these past one week or thereabout. It got stuck a couple of times last week, while this week, it is just says "busy" while entering the app or after I click to transact. Not sure if it is my upgrade to Android 10 or something else. I wonder if it is my phone that is the problem

Mighty Pay / United Overseas Bank

Terrible customer service in Singapore.

This folks have a terrible customer service in Singapore. If you have a problem, then good luck trying to contact them. I requested for refund and stop any payment to a certain company because I did not receive the ordered items and there was no delivery schedule or whatsoever. The reply was really classic, "Thank you for reporting this case, after reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection" and just like that the case was closed.

PayPal / PayPal

All conversion transactions cannot be reversed.

I transferred the wrong amount of KrisFlyer miles to KrisPay and could not reverse it. As the top up process into KrisPay account is only one-way, I was told I will not be able to process any reversal. Please ensure that the KrisFlyer miles or partner reward points you wish to transfer to KrisPay are correct before proceeding to confirm the top-up. All conversion transactions cannot be reversed.

KrisPay / Singapore Airlines