Forum
Last updated: 

Should I voluntarily file for bankruptcy or should I wat for a creditor to di it?

I found out that I can voluntarily file for bankruptcy if I incur a debt of S$15,000 or more and I can;t immediately pay for it but I've also discovered that creditors can also file me for bankruptcy as well. Would it be wiser to let my creditors file for my bankruptcy so I won;t have to go through the troube of filing one for myself or should I just voluntarily file for it myself?

User comments

• user image

No Name

It would be better if you to self-declare bankruptcy yourself instead of waiting for creditors to sue you because the interesst on your debt might continue to increase while you are waiting. It doesn;t matter who files for bankruptcy because the cost of bankruptcy application deposit will likely be borne by you as the debtor.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What are the restrictions of a Bankrupt?

Can fraud be an applicable case towards me if I were to file fraud for an individual who claimed my checks?

Am I eligible to file for a bankruptcy?

What are the assets that are protected from being part of my bankrupt estate?

How much does it cost to file for bankruptcy?

What would happen to my assets and my debts if I pass away?

Related Reviews

You don’t need to top up credits to send a transfer

OCBC PayAnyone works in the same way as DBS PayLah. The main difference however, is that while you can still register an account with DBS PayLah without a DBS/POSB account, OCBC Pay Anyone is connected to your bank account so you need an OCBC account to use Pay Anyone. The transactions are then credited to and deducted from OCBC savings or current accounts. You don’t need to top up credits.The good thing is that the recipient you are sending money to via Pay Anyone doesn’t need the app to receive the funds. They will receive an email link whereby they can click and key in their bank information to receive the money. However, if you already bank with OCBC, you will have the option of using OCBC PayAnyone to directly pay from your OCBC savings or current accounts.

OCBC Pay Anyone / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Enhance mobile payment capabilities

Liquid Pay is a much smaller player in the scene, but I am seeing more and more of that bright blue logo nowadays. Liquid Group is a payments technology company that works with financial institutions and telcos to enhance mobile payment capabilities. Amidst the competitive market, it seems that Liquid Pay has an uphill battle acquiring customers from other mobile wallets that boasts more integration with other uses like GrabPay and DBS PayLah. Yet, given the circumstances, Liquid Pay is surprisingly widely accepted at food and beverage outlets.

Liquid Pay / Fave Group

Top up your Alipay account and use it both in China and Singapore

Technically, you can open an Alipay account in Singapore, but you need a Chinese mobile number and credit card in order to transfer funds to your Alipay mobile wallet. If you’re a Singaporean who lives in China, you’ll be able to top up your Alipay account and use it both in China and Singapore. The following merchants in Singapore accept payment using Alipay; ComfortDelGro, Prime Taxis, Universal Studios, Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore Zoo, Metro and Robinsons. Now you can ask your friends to transfer money via HitPay to you instead of getting them to part with physical money.

AliPay / Alipay Singapore E-Commerce

A robust application built with simplicity and fast payments in mind

Yoyo Wallet is a robust application built with simplicity and fast payments in mind. You connect your cards (debit and credit) or Apple Pay once and start using your smartphone to make payments. It allows you to keep all your financial detail in a centralized place, gain no additional wallet weight and take only your smartphone on your shopping experiences. The solution is ultra-secure; your financial details are stored by a trusted payment service provider and not in your smartphone or by Yoyo.

Yoyo Wallet / Yoyo Wallet

A mobile app that allows you to manage your credit card account and payment services

The BOC SG eWallet is a new mobile app that allows you to manage your credit card account and payment service. You can use your BOC SG eWallet mobile app to bind/unbind your BOC Unionpay credit card for QR Code payments, QR transactions history tracking, etc.Both consumer-presented and merchant-presented QR scanning functions are available. Your transactions made via the mobile app is secured. For more details, you can click on “Security Tips

BOC SG eWallet / Bank of China

The range of partner merchants isn’t that extensive

If you’re a serial Grab commuter, you might already have used GrabPay.They also have a number of partner merchants who accept payment using the GrabPay app.You have to top up your GrabPay account in order to use it anyway and honestly, the range of partner merchants isn’t that great and is mostly limited to small neighbourhood businesses. If you’re serious about using an e-wallet for most of your transactions, you will definitely need to download another e-wallet app for day-to-day use.

GrabPay / Gpay Network S