Forum
Last updated: 

Am I eligible to file for a bankruptcy?

I have a lot of delinquent credit card accounts and a loan that I currently cannot afford to pay. I have total of about S$30,000 in debt that I currently cannot pay. I thought of filing for bankruptcy but I'm not sure if I am eligible to file for one nor am I aware of the rules in filing for a bankruptcy.

User comments

• user image

No Name

You are definitely eligible to file for a bankruptcy. As long as you have a debt of S$15,000 or more, you can voluntarily file for a bankruptcy in Singapore. Alternatively, your creditors can also take action and file to make you bankrupt if they don't think that you would be able to pay the debt that you owe them.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Would it be possible for someone else in the business owner's family to file for bankruptcy on behalf of the owner?

WHat would happen if I have been declared bankrupt?

What rules should I keep in mind when filing for bankruptcy?

What are the assets that are protected from being part of my bankrupt estate?

What are the benefits of filing for bankrutpcy?

Can I reposses and own my wife's car?

Related Reviews

You don’t need to top up credits to send a transfer

OCBC PayAnyone works in the same way as DBS PayLah. The main difference however, is that while you can still register an account with DBS PayLah without a DBS/POSB account, OCBC Pay Anyone is connected to your bank account so you need an OCBC account to use Pay Anyone. The transactions are then credited to and deducted from OCBC savings or current accounts. You don’t need to top up credits.The good thing is that the recipient you are sending money to via Pay Anyone doesn’t need the app to receive the funds. They will receive an email link whereby they can click and key in their bank information to receive the money. However, if you already bank with OCBC, you will have the option of using OCBC PayAnyone to directly pay from your OCBC savings or current accounts.

OCBC Pay Anyone / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Enhance mobile payment capabilities

Liquid Pay is a much smaller player in the scene, but I am seeing more and more of that bright blue logo nowadays. Liquid Group is a payments technology company that works with financial institutions and telcos to enhance mobile payment capabilities. Amidst the competitive market, it seems that Liquid Pay has an uphill battle acquiring customers from other mobile wallets that boasts more integration with other uses like GrabPay and DBS PayLah. Yet, given the circumstances, Liquid Pay is surprisingly widely accepted at food and beverage outlets.

Liquid Pay / Fave Group

A mobile app that allows you to manage your credit card account and payment services

The BOC SG eWallet is a new mobile app that allows you to manage your credit card account and payment service. You can use your BOC SG eWallet mobile app to bind/unbind your BOC Unionpay credit card for QR Code payments, QR transactions history tracking, etc.Both consumer-presented and merchant-presented QR scanning functions are available. Your transactions made via the mobile app is secured. For more details, you can click on “Security Tips

BOC SG eWallet / Bank of China

Face to face verification via live video call rather than visiting a branch

I think it is more seamless if we could have a face to face verification via live video call rather than having to travel all the way since the idea is convenience anyway. The direct bank to card transfer was good but they could consider including wallet to bank as well. It would also be nice if they include multiple currencies for multiple wallets with attractive packages for Malaysia especially since other wallets/banks don’t have Malaysia. I would also fancy if they ensure that the interface updates promptly especially for remaining balance and suspended cards and include any charges upfront before users make payments

FlexM / FlexM

CardUp charges you a transaction fee for each payment made.

Every transaction you complete using CardUp will incur a 2.6% transaction fee. This can actually add up over time, especially if you’re relying heavily on CardUp. That being said, if your card offers cash rebates or frequent flyer miles, you may easily be able to offset the transaction fee. CardUp works by being a middleman in your transactions. Instead of directly transferring funds from your account to a vendor, you pay CardUp via credit card. CardUp will then transfer the funds to your designated vendor. CardUp charges you a transaction fee for each payment made.

CardUp / CardUp

All conversion transactions cannot be reversed.

I transferred the wrong amount of KrisFlyer miles to KrisPay and could not reverse it. As the top up process into KrisPay account is only one-way, I was told I will not be able to process any reversal. Please ensure that the KrisFlyer miles or partner reward points you wish to transfer to KrisPay are correct before proceeding to confirm the top-up. All conversion transactions cannot be reversed.

KrisPay / Singapore Airlines