Forum
Last updated: 

I just returned a huge amount of money to the bank

I am an uber driver here in Singapore. I have been working hard to earn a lot of money in my field of work. I got a lot of customers here. One time a bank owner, I presume, rode with me and I drop him off to this bank. After dropping him off, a lot of customers rode with me. Then I saw a bag that has been left inside the car. When I opened it, it was a lot of money, different currencies but mostly Singapore dollar. I was tempted to keep it, but I remembered that a bank owner rode with me today with this bag. And the bag's logo was the bank where I drop him off. I tried to contact him and he confirmed that it is his.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Not all of the time, we can just pick money from the floor. Money is not that easy to earn. It is hard for those who are below average salary. In the case of this uber driver, he found a bag that might help his future with that money. But instead he contacted the person who he thinks owns it. Not everyone will do the same as this uber driver. He can be rewarded with a consolation money and recognition for what he did as a local citizen.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

How much does it cost to file for bankruptcy?

What are the restrictions of a Bankrupt?

Would my future employers know if I ever filed for a bankruptcy in the past?

Would it be possible for someone else in the business owner's family to file for bankruptcy on behalf of the owner?

What would happen to my assets and my debts if I pass away?

Am i qualified to have a bank account?

Related Reviews

You don’t need to top up credits to send a transfer

OCBC PayAnyone works in the same way as DBS PayLah. The main difference however, is that while you can still register an account with DBS PayLah without a DBS/POSB account, OCBC Pay Anyone is connected to your bank account so you need an OCBC account to use Pay Anyone. The transactions are then credited to and deducted from OCBC savings or current accounts. You don’t need to top up credits.The good thing is that the recipient you are sending money to via Pay Anyone doesn’t need the app to receive the funds. They will receive an email link whereby they can click and key in their bank information to receive the money. However, if you already bank with OCBC, you will have the option of using OCBC PayAnyone to directly pay from your OCBC savings or current accounts.

OCBC Pay Anyone / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Hassle free overseas usage with good rates as compared to the rest of the competitors

YouTrip is actually a god-sent card for those who are conscious of amount spent especially when travelling overseas. With predetermined exchange rate, there is no shock and surprises after a well-deserved holiday trip with all the shopping and nice food. Hassle free overseas usage with good rates as compared to the rest of the competitors. One suggestion is to avail your card into digital card wallet like apple pay or Samsung pay so that it will afford you a fully hassle free usage without the need of bringing the physical card. Use it anytime anywhere with just your phone.

YouTrip / You Technologies Group

All conversion transactions cannot be reversed.

I transferred the wrong amount of KrisFlyer miles to KrisPay and could not reverse it. As the top up process into KrisPay account is only one-way, I was told I will not be able to process any reversal. Please ensure that the KrisFlyer miles or partner reward points you wish to transfer to KrisPay are correct before proceeding to confirm the top-up. All conversion transactions cannot be reversed.

KrisPay / Singapore Airlines

I cant tell if it is the App or my phone malfunctioning

This app has been lagging badly for these past one week or thereabout. It got stuck a couple of times last week, while this week, it is just says "busy" while entering the app or after I click to transact. Not sure if it is my upgrade to Android 10 or something else. I wonder if it is my phone that is the problem

Mighty Pay / United Overseas Bank

Convinence using the App to search for great deals nearby

FavePay is the new kid on the block somewhat, yet they’ve been growing aggressively. Fave Pay is now available not only in Singapore but also in Johor Bahru, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Jakarta, Bali and other Malaysian and Indonesian locations.The main thing that sets FavePay apart from the rest is that they offer generous deals and cash back at many of the merchants on their list and you can even use the app to search for deals nearby. Rather than shopping and retail, Fave Pay is focused on dining and experiences, and their merchant selection reflects that

FavePay / Fave Group

The most common and easiest, method for person-to-person payments

The most common, and easiest, method for WeChat payments is person-to-person. The person to whom you’re sending money must already be a WeChat friend of yours. You start by composing a message to them and then add a “transfer” to them. When you click on the “transfer” button, you’ll be asked how much money you want to send to them. Enter an amount in RMB. You’ll then be asked to enter your password. Do that, and you’ll see a reddish-orange “transfer” icon appears.The recipient will see this in their WeChat app, and will then have to accept the transfer. Once they do, they will receive it.

WeChat Pay / Tencent Holdings