Am i qualified to have a bank account?

My son is 12 years of age, he has been saving his money since he was 9 years old. Now he is planning to open an account to our local bank. We taught him that if he saves money, he can use his money for later situations, at the same time his money is growing little by little. We are no curious if he is qualified to open for his own.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

It is a good idea to open an account for a young person, but there is a law that requires the kid to be above 18 years of age to open a deposit and savings account on their own. 15-18 year olds, you can open a savings account – your parents or guardians can also open an account on your behalf for security purposes.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

WHat would happen if I have been declared bankrupt?

My business is going down. Now what?

I cannot pay these expenses anyomore

Should I voluntarily file for bankruptcy or should I wat for a creditor to di it?

I just returned a huge amount of money to the bank

What are the benefits of filing for bankrutpcy?

Related Reviews

All conversion transactions cannot be reversed.

KrisPay / Singapore Airlines

I transferred the wrong amount of KrisFlyer miles to KrisPay and could not reverse it. As the top up process into KrisPay account is only one-way, I was told I will not be able to process any reversal. Please ensure that the KrisFlyer miles or partner reward points you wish to transfer to KrisPay are correct before proceeding to confirm the top-up. All conversion transactions cannot be reversed.

Convinence using the App to search for great deals nearby

FavePay / Fave Group

FavePay is the new kid on the block somewhat, yet they’ve been growing aggressively. Fave Pay is now available not only in Singapore but also in Johor Bahru, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Jakarta, Bali and other Malaysian and Indonesian locations.The main thing that sets FavePay apart from the rest is that they offer generous deals and cash back at many of the merchants on their list and you can even use the app to search for deals nearby. Rather than shopping and retail, Fave Pay is focused on dining and experiences, and their merchant selection reflects that

Instant Peer to Peer Payment

Just PayLah! / DBS Bank

Unlike other banks with limits set at $999 or thereabout, if you’re a DBS/POSB customer you can set your daily transfer limit up to S$2,000. There’s also a wallet limit, which caps the amount you can hold in your PayLah! Wallet at any one time, which is up to S$2,000 for DBS/POSB account holders, and S$999 for other users.PayLah! Is a mobile wallet, for making peer to peer payments and spending money in participating stores, restaurants and taxi. You’ll need to have an eligible smartphone and download the PayLah! app to get started

You don’t need to top up credits to send a transfer

OCBC Pay Anyone / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

OCBC PayAnyone works in the same way as DBS PayLah. The main difference however, is that while you can still register an account with DBS PayLah without a DBS/POSB account, OCBC Pay Anyone is connected to your bank account so you need an OCBC account to use Pay Anyone. The transactions are then credited to and deducted from OCBC savings or current accounts. You don’t need to top up credits.The good thing is that the recipient you are sending money to via Pay Anyone doesn’t need the app to receive the funds. They will receive an email link whereby they can click and key in their bank information to receive the money. However, if you already bank with OCBC, you will have the option of using OCBC PayAnyone to directly pay from your OCBC savings or current accounts.

A robust application built with simplicity and fast payments in mind

Yoyo Wallet / Yoyo Wallet

Yoyo Wallet is a robust application built with simplicity and fast payments in mind. You connect your cards (debit and credit) or Apple Pay once and start using your smartphone to make payments. It allows you to keep all your financial detail in a centralized place, gain no additional wallet weight and take only your smartphone on your shopping experiences. The solution is ultra-secure; your financial details are stored by a trusted payment service provider and not in your smartphone or by Yoyo.

Enhance mobile payment capabilities

Liquid Pay / Fave Group

Liquid Pay is a much smaller player in the scene, but I am seeing more and more of that bright blue logo nowadays. Liquid Group is a payments technology company that works with financial institutions and telcos to enhance mobile payment capabilities. Amidst the competitive market, it seems that Liquid Pay has an uphill battle acquiring customers from other mobile wallets that boasts more integration with other uses like GrabPay and DBS PayLah. Yet, given the circumstances, Liquid Pay is surprisingly widely accepted at food and beverage outlets.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.