Forum
Last updated: 

What are the roles of an official Assignee?

After filing for bankruptcy, the court assigned me with an Official Assignee. I know that the Official Assignee is here to help with the distribution of my monthly contributions, however I would like to know the specific roles of an Official Assignee and what they actually do to help me with my Bankrupt Estate.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Basicallt the roles of an Official Assignee is to oversee the bankruptcy estate by planning monthly contributions to be paid, selling liquid assets to pay off creditors and to determine what the taret contribution is. The OA is also responsible for managing your affairs and to assist you in obtaining a discharge from bankruptcy.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What are the restrictions of a Bankrupt?

How much does it cost to file for bankruptcy?

Which among my properties would b sold to the bankrupt estate and could I use it to pay off my target contributions?

Can I borrow money physical money from a bank?

I cannot pay these expenses anyomore

Would my future employers know if I ever filed for a bankruptcy in the past?

Related Reviews

Face to face verification via live video call rather than visiting a branch

I think it is more seamless if we could have a face to face verification via live video call rather than having to travel all the way since the idea is convenience anyway. The direct bank to card transfer was good but they could consider including wallet to bank as well. It would also be nice if they include multiple currencies for multiple wallets with attractive packages for Malaysia especially since other wallets/banks don’t have Malaysia. I would also fancy if they ensure that the interface updates promptly especially for remaining balance and suspended cards and include any charges upfront before users make payments

FlexM / FlexM

CardUp charges you a transaction fee for each payment made.

Every transaction you complete using CardUp will incur a 2.6% transaction fee. This can actually add up over time, especially if you’re relying heavily on CardUp. That being said, if your card offers cash rebates or frequent flyer miles, you may easily be able to offset the transaction fee. CardUp works by being a middleman in your transactions. Instead of directly transferring funds from your account to a vendor, you pay CardUp via credit card. CardUp will then transfer the funds to your designated vendor. CardUp charges you a transaction fee for each payment made.

CardUp / CardUp

All conversion transactions cannot be reversed.

I transferred the wrong amount of KrisFlyer miles to KrisPay and could not reverse it. As the top up process into KrisPay account is only one-way, I was told I will not be able to process any reversal. Please ensure that the KrisFlyer miles or partner reward points you wish to transfer to KrisPay are correct before proceeding to confirm the top-up. All conversion transactions cannot be reversed.

KrisPay / Singapore Airlines

Top up your Alipay account and use it both in China and Singapore

Technically, you can open an Alipay account in Singapore, but you need a Chinese mobile number and credit card in order to transfer funds to your Alipay mobile wallet. If you’re a Singaporean who lives in China, you’ll be able to top up your Alipay account and use it both in China and Singapore. The following merchants in Singapore accept payment using Alipay; ComfortDelGro, Prime Taxis, Universal Studios, Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore Zoo, Metro and Robinsons. Now you can ask your friends to transfer money via HitPay to you instead of getting them to part with physical money.

AliPay / Alipay Singapore E-Commerce

Dash all the way from Singapore to Thailand

Singtel Dash is an e-wallet, so once you download the Singtel Dash app and log in, you can top up your dash account. It also works as a virtual visa account, so the account comes with its own unique 16-digit Dash Visa virtual account number and security code. Singtel Dash is can be used in Thailand in as well as in Singapore, making it more attractive to Singaporeans who frequently travel to Thailand. The app also lets you transfer money to another account, remit money overseas and, if you have an NFC-enabled phone, tap in and out of train and bus rides.

Dash / Telecom Equipment

Awesome features and top-notch security measures

I like how you can transfer your cash out and it’s liquid and at the same time you can use it for overseas payments. Love the feature of the one- time destroyable card number to protect your wallets from fraudsters. Very simple and straightforward user interface. Topping up the account was easy using credit card and there were plenty of security tools that allows you to turn on & off real time to keep your account safe. Real time viewing of exchange rate in app is definitely a function that I love so that I can do the conversion real time to know how much I will be spending in local currency.

Revolut / Revolut