Forum
Last updated: 

Would it be possible for someone else in the business owner's family to file for bankruptcy on behalf of the owner?

Im the grandson of a family member who is unable to apply for bankruptcy since she is currently in the hospital but I found that we are struggling to pay for nana's bills and her medicine and we haven't been involved in the business but we are lacking money to fund her medication not to mention pay for her debts, shes currently seeking treatment but she refuses to let go of her business, what should I do???

User comments

• user image

No Name

I think it would be best if you just talked to your relative properly so she understands that you are all in debt, you cant apply for bankruptcy if its not yours though the business maybe passed on to the closest relative available since that relative is no longer healthy enough to maintain the business.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

My business is going down. Now what?

Bank account was forced to close because of a company's bankruptcy

What rules should I keep in mind when filing for bankruptcy?

Can the bank pay my insolvent?

Should I voluntarily file for bankruptcy or should I wat for a creditor to di it?

Can I reposses and own my wife's car?

Related Reviews

You don’t need to top up credits to send a transfer

OCBC PayAnyone works in the same way as DBS PayLah. The main difference however, is that while you can still register an account with DBS PayLah without a DBS/POSB account, OCBC Pay Anyone is connected to your bank account so you need an OCBC account to use Pay Anyone. The transactions are then credited to and deducted from OCBC savings or current accounts. You don’t need to top up credits.The good thing is that the recipient you are sending money to via Pay Anyone doesn’t need the app to receive the funds. They will receive an email link whereby they can click and key in their bank information to receive the money. However, if you already bank with OCBC, you will have the option of using OCBC PayAnyone to directly pay from your OCBC savings or current accounts.

OCBC Pay Anyone / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Enhance mobile payment capabilities

Liquid Pay is a much smaller player in the scene, but I am seeing more and more of that bright blue logo nowadays. Liquid Group is a payments technology company that works with financial institutions and telcos to enhance mobile payment capabilities. Amidst the competitive market, it seems that Liquid Pay has an uphill battle acquiring customers from other mobile wallets that boasts more integration with other uses like GrabPay and DBS PayLah. Yet, given the circumstances, Liquid Pay is surprisingly widely accepted at food and beverage outlets.

Liquid Pay / Fave Group

Dash all the way from Singapore to Thailand

Singtel Dash is an e-wallet, so once you download the Singtel Dash app and log in, you can top up your dash account. It also works as a virtual visa account, so the account comes with its own unique 16-digit Dash Visa virtual account number and security code. Singtel Dash is can be used in Thailand in as well as in Singapore, making it more attractive to Singaporeans who frequently travel to Thailand. The app also lets you transfer money to another account, remit money overseas and, if you have an NFC-enabled phone, tap in and out of train and bus rides.

Dash / Telecom Equipment

Awesome features and top-notch security measures

I like how you can transfer your cash out and it’s liquid and at the same time you can use it for overseas payments. Love the feature of the one- time destroyable card number to protect your wallets from fraudsters. Very simple and straightforward user interface. Topping up the account was easy using credit card and there were plenty of security tools that allows you to turn on & off real time to keep your account safe. Real time viewing of exchange rate in app is definitely a function that I love so that I can do the conversion real time to know how much I will be spending in local currency.

Revolut / Revolut

Top up your Alipay account and use it both in China and Singapore

Technically, you can open an Alipay account in Singapore, but you need a Chinese mobile number and credit card in order to transfer funds to your Alipay mobile wallet. If you’re a Singaporean who lives in China, you’ll be able to top up your Alipay account and use it both in China and Singapore. The following merchants in Singapore accept payment using Alipay; ComfortDelGro, Prime Taxis, Universal Studios, Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore Zoo, Metro and Robinsons. Now you can ask your friends to transfer money via HitPay to you instead of getting them to part with physical money.

AliPay / Alipay Singapore E-Commerce

No refunding from wallet if there is an error in the process of toping up an amount

This platform provides zero flexibility of refunding from wallet if there is an error in the process of toping up the amount. Been told by Customer service that the only way is to terminate the account and the refund will be credited after 2 weeks. The UI as well have to be clear at the home screen on which default payment mode are we on as I've been told that the payment mode might switch every time after updating the app

NETSPay / Electronic Transfers Singapore