What are the ways to get our of bankruptcy?

I am bankrupt and I want to get out of bankruptcy as soon as possible. Is there a faster way to get our of bankruptcy aside from just being a good monthly contributor and wait til I finish paying off my target contribution? If there are other ways, what are they and what shouldI do to achieve my goal?

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

There are four ways to get out of bankruptcy. The first method is by paying off all outstanding debts. The second method is to make a proposal to creditors to repay your debts. The third ways is to apply to the court for an order of discharge. The last method is by fully paying off your target contributions. Depending on which method is used, it is possible to have your name removed from the bankruptcy register. In short there no easy way out and if methods 2 and 3 are easy then it would definitely come with a price.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Which of my assets can be part of my bankruptcy estate?

Am i qualified to have a bank account?

Should I voluntarily file for bankruptcy or should I wat for a creditor to di it?

Who would manage my bankruptcy estate and who decides my target contributions?

What are the restrictions of a Bankrupt?

What rules should I keep in mind when filing for bankruptcy?

Related Reviews

A robust application built with simplicity and fast payments in mind

Yoyo Wallet / Yoyo Wallet

Yoyo Wallet is a robust application built with simplicity and fast payments in mind. You connect your cards (debit and credit) or Apple Pay once and start using your smartphone to make payments. It allows you to keep all your financial detail in a centralized place, gain no additional wallet weight and take only your smartphone on your shopping experiences. The solution is ultra-secure; your financial details are stored by a trusted payment service provider and not in your smartphone or by Yoyo.

The range of partner merchants isn’t that extensive

GrabPay / Gpay Network S

If you’re a serial Grab commuter, you might already have used GrabPay.They also have a number of partner merchants who accept payment using the GrabPay app.You have to top up your GrabPay account in order to use it anyway and honestly, the range of partner merchants isn’t that great and is mostly limited to small neighbourhood businesses. If you’re serious about using an e-wallet for most of your transactions, you will definitely need to download another e-wallet app for day-to-day use.

The most common and easiest, method for person-to-person payments

WeChat Pay / Tencent Holdings

The most common, and easiest, method for WeChat payments is person-to-person. The person to whom you’re sending money must already be a WeChat friend of yours. You start by composing a message to them and then add a “transfer” to them. When you click on the “transfer” button, you’ll be asked how much money you want to send to them. Enter an amount in RMB. You’ll then be asked to enter your password. Do that, and you’ll see a reddish-orange “transfer” icon appears.The recipient will see this in their WeChat app, and will then have to accept the transfer. Once they do, they will receive it.

A mobile app that allows you to manage your credit card account and payment services

BOC SG eWallet / Bank of China

The BOC SG eWallet is a new mobile app that allows you to manage your credit card account and payment service. You can use your BOC SG eWallet mobile app to bind/unbind your BOC Unionpay credit card for QR Code payments, QR transactions history tracking, etc.Both consumer-presented and merchant-presented QR scanning functions are available. Your transactions made via the mobile app is secured. For more details, you can click on “Security Tips

No refunding from wallet if there is an error in the process of toping up an amount

NETSPay / Electronic Transfers Singapore

This platform provides zero flexibility of refunding from wallet if there is an error in the process of toping up the amount. Been told by Customer service that the only way is to terminate the account and the refund will be credited after 2 weeks. The UI as well have to be clear at the home screen on which default payment mode are we on as I've been told that the payment mode might switch every time after updating the app

Instant Peer to Peer Payment

Just PayLah! / DBS Bank

Unlike other banks with limits set at $999 or thereabout, if you’re a DBS/POSB customer you can set your daily transfer limit up to S$2,000. There’s also a wallet limit, which caps the amount you can hold in your PayLah! Wallet at any one time, which is up to S$2,000 for DBS/POSB account holders, and S$999 for other users.PayLah! Is a mobile wallet, for making peer to peer payments and spending money in participating stores, restaurants and taxi. You’ll need to have an eligible smartphone and download the PayLah! app to get started

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.