How to earn more "riks free" from my CPF?

Love it or loathe it, the CPF is something that all Singaporeans and PRs have to accept as a way of life here. Central Provident Fund contributor, While there have been many vigorous discussions about our CPF in recent years. I want to do everthing that I can to increase my returns and make the most of my CPF.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

Your Ordinary Account earns 2.5% interest per year or the 3-month average of major local banks’ interest rates, whichever is higher.Your Special, Medisave and Retirement accounts earns 4% interest per annum or the 12-month average yield of 10-year Singapore Government Securities plus 1%, whichever is higher From January 2016 onwards, the CPF will now pay an extra 1% interest per annum on the first $30,000 in your CPF accounts. This is on top of the additional 1% interest that is already paid on your first $60,000

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What are Stocks?

What are investments in Singapore that would provide guaranteed principal and returns?

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

Related Reviews

Spa privileges that come with card membership

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

Poor and upleasant hotline

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

American Express Personal Card / American Express International

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.