Forum
Last updated: 

What are the fdiference between growth, value and income investing?

I'm earning way more than my expenses and I thought of investing my money but the problem is that I don't know how to go about my investments. Should I invest in growth stocks? Value stocks? Or income stocks? I want to know what they are and how they're different so I can choose the right investment for me.

Search other products or providers:

User comments

• user image

No Name

Growth investing is about picking companies with strong earnings growth prospects which are generally new companies. Value investing is about picking companies that are trading significantly below what’s normally regarded as “fair value”This is also like growth investing where it's all about capital gains. Income investors is about picking companies that are generating stable earnings, pay a good amount of their earnings as dividends to their shareholders, and have strong underlying assets or businesses.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Investment

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

Investment

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

Investment

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

Investment

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

Investment

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Investment

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

Related Reviews

Investment

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Investment

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Investment

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

Investment

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

Investment

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

Investment

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation