Forum
Last updated: 

How are Card Transactions in Foreign Currencies and Transactions Processed Overseas processed by Maybank World MasterCard?

Just trying to prep myself for an overseas trip to Malaysia with my girlfriend, and I don’t want to carry too much cash on me but would like to use my card most of the time. What would be the manner of transaction processing by the card?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Card Transactions in foreign currencies other than the US Dollars will be converted into US Dollars before being converted into Singapore Dollars. Card Transactions in US Dollars shall be converted to Singapore Dollars on the date of conversion. All conversions are determined by the relevant ATM operator, merchant or dynamic currency conversion service provider, as the case may be. The conversion rate applied is based on the Posting Date of the Card Transaction to the Card Account which may be different to the rate in effect on the date of the Card Transaction. In addition, all Card Transactions in foreign currency will be subject to a charge of up to 1% on the converted Singapore dollar amount by the respective card associations while all card transactions in Singapore dollars but processed overseas will be subject to an administrative fee of up to 1%.

2019.08.01 4:22

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

What are Maybank World MasterCard’s General Terms and Conditions for 10X TREATS Points?

Maybank World Mastercard

Related Forums

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

WHat is the cheapest unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

I'm looking for an unlimited mobile data plan that is cheap and reliable. I already have one which offers me Unlimited data and unlimited call and SMS but I'm currently on a budget and I don;t really call or send SMS so I'm looking for a low priced but reliable unlimited mobile data plan with adequate speed.

Related Reviews

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

Poor and upleasant hotline

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

Poor Customer Service

I am quite very disappointed with this card as I have never received the vouchers for all the points I have accumulated so far. I have on several occasions made complaints via the phone and even in person, but all to no avail. I would not recommend this card to anyone for this reason, i have to say unfortunately.

Citi Rewards Card / Citibank Singapore