Forum
Last updated: 

How are Card Transactions in Foreign Currencies and Transactions Processed Overseas processed by Maybank World MasterCard?

Just trying to prep myself for an overseas trip to Malaysia with my girlfriend, and I don’t want to carry too much cash on me but would like to use my card most of the time. What would be the manner of transaction processing by the card?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Card Transactions in foreign currencies other than the US Dollars will be converted into US Dollars before being converted into Singapore Dollars. Card Transactions in US Dollars shall be converted to Singapore Dollars on the date of conversion. All conversions are determined by the relevant ATM operator, merchant or dynamic currency conversion service provider, as the case may be. The conversion rate applied is based on the Posting Date of the Card Transaction to the Card Account which may be different to the rate in effect on the date of the Card Transaction. In addition, all Card Transactions in foreign currency will be subject to a charge of up to 1% on the converted Singapore dollar amount by the respective card associations while all card transactions in Singapore dollars but processed overseas will be subject to an administrative fee of up to 1%.

2019.08.01 4:22

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

What are Maybank World MasterCard’s General Terms and Conditions for 10X TREATS Points?

Maybank World Mastercard

Related Forums

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

What are the different types of stock?

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

Related Reviews

Customer care service at top notch

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Looking to maximize on the number of priority pass visits and other privileges

If you are like me an HSBC Premier client and also a frequent traveller that can maximize the number of priority pass visits, limo and meet-and-assist services as well as your supplementary cardholders too, then this is the card for you. The reduced general mile earn rate is worth the trade-off for the unlimited priority pass memberships, as well as the high number of limo and meet-and-assist services that you can use.

HSBC VISA Infinite Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Close to 6.5% rebates on dining

I have held this card for quite a long time and one thing I like about the card is the fact that it is used for CapitaLand malls and they are almost everywhere. So I enjoy dining taking advantage of the 10x rewards merchants to accumulate the points faster. Imagine getting close to 6.5% rebates on dining. Not to forget their sign up bonus of $60 rebates in vouchers when you spend $1,500. That's a 4% rebate excluding the points you will earn which will convert into vouchers too.

American Express CapitaCard / American Express International

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation