Forum
Last updated: 

What are the benefits of the EMV compliant chip Card on the Maybank Platinum Visa Card?

Can I use the EMV compliant chip Card for online purchases or at ATMs only, what are the actual benefits that come with it?

User comments

• user image

No Name

With the EMV compliant chip Card you will able to enjoy improved security as your card information is stored in the EMV compliant chip for this new Card, making extraction of Card information by fraud syndicates more difficult as compared to a magnetic stripe Cards. This new technology can reduce the chances of your Card information being cloned and used by fraud syndicates for fraudulent transactions. It is a joint effort to ensure security and global acceptance so that MasterCard and Visa Cards can continue to be used everywhere. Yes, the EMV compliant chip Card functions to allow online purchases.

2019.08.01 4:24

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

How do I receive my monthly statements from my Maybank Platinum Visa Card?

Maybank Platinum VISA Card

Related Forums

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

Related Reviews

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore