Forum
Last updated: 

How does the HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card work, do I get to enjoy no FX fee on my overseas purchases and cash withdrawal?

I am looking to checkmate on the headaches of exchanging money in Singapore for an overseas holiday and I just want to ensure to get the best rates. Can I have a good deal with the HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Yes you can have a good deal, simply fund your HSBC Everyday Global Account with the foreign currencies that you intend to spend and transact with your HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card, and they will deduct the same transacted amount from your account without any FX fee. For example if you are buying an item for USD200, they will deduct USD200 from your HSBC Everyday Global Account with no hidden charge. And in the instance that you do not have sufficient foreign currencies in your account, they will convert and charge your transaction amount in Singapore dollar.

2019.08.01 5:9

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

What are the characteristics of a bond?

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

Related Reviews

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Looking to maximize on the number of priority pass visits and other privileges

If you are like me an HSBC Premier client and also a frequent traveller that can maximize the number of priority pass visits, limo and meet-and-assist services as well as your supplementary cardholders too, then this is the card for you. The reduced general mile earn rate is worth the trade-off for the unlimited priority pass memberships, as well as the high number of limo and meet-and-assist services that you can use.

HSBC VISA Infinite Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation