How does the HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card work, do I get to enjoy no FX fee on my overseas purchases and cash withdrawal?

I am looking to checkmate on the headaches of exchanging money in Singapore for an overseas holiday and I just want to ensure to get the best rates. Can I have a good deal with the HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card?

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

Yes you can have a good deal, simply fund your HSBC Everyday Global Account with the foreign currencies that you intend to spend and transact with your HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card, and they will deduct the same transacted amount from your account without any FX fee. For example if you are buying an item for USD200, they will deduct USD200 from your HSBC Everyday Global Account with no hidden charge. And in the instance that you do not have sufficient foreign currencies in your account, they will convert and charge your transaction amount in Singapore dollar.

2019.08.01 5:9

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

What are the different types of stock?

I can't stop spending, I need to invest now.

Related Reviews

Customer care service at top notch

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.

Emergency legal and medical assistance

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.