Forum
Last updated: 

How do I activate the barcode on the BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card to enjoy borrowing privilege in the library in the China Cultural Centre?

Who can enlighten me with the Procedures and steps for the activation of the barcode on the BOC Chinese Debit Card to enjoy borrowing privilege in the library in the China Cultural Centre?

User comments

• user image

No Name

The first step will probably have to be the application of the BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card at any BOC branch. You would find that at the back of this Debit Card, there is an inactivated barcode which can function as a library card in China Cultural Centre. The next step would require you to visit the China Cultural Centre personally with your NRIC, Passport or long-term visit pass in order to activate the barcode to enjoy the borrowing privilege in the library. Note that you will be required to pay a deposit under the centre’s policy, and finally with that done you can proceed to use your BOC Chinese Cultural Card to borrow books from the library in the China Cultural Centre.

2019.08.01 5:15

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

What are investments in Singapore that would provide guaranteed principal and returns?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

Related Reviews

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

American Express Personal Card / American Express International

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation