Forum
Last updated: 

Who can elaborate on the interest rates and processing fee for the Bank of China $martLoan?

Can anyone care to share details of the BOC $martLoan that offers a fixed monthly repayment period of up to 7 years. I caught a bit of advertisement about a repayment of just S$6 a day, which can afford extra cash of up to S$10,000. Also what are the benefits of the Bank of China $martLoan?

User comments

• user image

No Name

BOC $martLoan interest rate and processing fee is applicable to the amount granted under approved BOC $martLoan only and all interest are charged and payable at the rate provided in your BOC’s Approval Letter. Interest is calculated based on a reducing balance method of computing interest amount on the principal balance (and not on the original loan amount) that reduces with repayment of each loan instalment. BOC $martLoan applied interest rates are at 12% p.a. for 12-month to 60-month loan and 15% p.a. for 72-month to 84-month loan. Effective interest rates are at 18.72% p.a. for 12-month loan, 15.73% p.a. for 24-month loan, 14.69% p.a. for 36-month loan, 14.18% p.a. for 48-month loan, 13.86% p.a. for 60-month loan, 17.05% p.a. for 72-month loan or 16.89% p.a. for 84-month loan. A non-refundable processing fee of 3% of the approved loan amount or S$150 applies, whichever is higher while a processing fee will be added to the approved loan amount. Benefits include one of the lowest interest rate, one of the longest repayment period, fixed monthly repayment amount, Interest saving with reducing balance method, Complimentary MoneyPlus Line of Credit with lowest interest rate for your daily necessities.

2019.08.01 5:20

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

Related Reviews

Looking to maximize on the number of priority pass visits and other privileges

If you are like me an HSBC Premier client and also a frequent traveller that can maximize the number of priority pass visits, limo and meet-and-assist services as well as your supplementary cardholders too, then this is the card for you. The reduced general mile earn rate is worth the trade-off for the unlimited priority pass memberships, as well as the high number of limo and meet-and-assist services that you can use.

HSBC VISA Infinite Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Customer care service at top notch

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International