Forum
Last updated: 

What credit card can I apply for that has good benefits and privileges for family and kids?

I am married with two kids and just had a new addition with the birth of my third child, as a result I would like to get the most on family spending’s in the likes of cash backs and also still enjoy benefits for me and my family. Who can please recommend a decent credit card please? Save up to S$1,000 yearly with 5% cash rebate on dining, groceries and fuel. Plus, your kids enjoy for free, on top of other family offers at our retail partners.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Congratulations on your new child, I will like to recommend the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card to you. This is because the card is a great card with upsized rebates of 5% cash rebate on dining and eating out with the family allowing you to save on your daily expenses at all local grocery stores and supermarkets. Interestingly, this includes all food and beverage outlets in Singapore, except hotel dining. Further benefits that will work magic with you and your family include up to 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on your fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations. Finally also they have benefits targeted at kids where they can enjoy free movies, meals and trips, on top of other family offers at the cards partners.

2019.08.01 5:26

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Gives you 5% cashback on telco bills with a minimum spend of $400

Must times majority of credit cards offer cashback on daily needs like transportation and food but they neglect other important necessity such as the common internet. Anyway the HSBC Visa Platinum credit card is such a rare card as it gives you 5% cashback on telco bills with a minimum spend of $400. In addition, it gives you modest rebates on groceries and petrol, so you can also use it as an all-purpose cashback card.

Spend of $400 a month gets 5% cashback on telco bills and 3% cashback on groceries and petrol

I love the features which allows a Spend of $400 a month to get 5% cashback on telco bills and 3% cashback on groceries and petrol. They also observe a low cashback cap of $60 per quarter that is $20 a month and one must spend the amount consecutively for 3 months in order to get the cashback or alternatively, spend $800 a month and get 5% on telco bills, groceries and petrol, capped at $120 per quarter.

Recommending Forums

What do I do if I did not authorize transactions charged to my HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card?

Related Forums

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

What are the characteristics of a bond?

Related Reviews

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Looking to maximize on the number of priority pass visits and other privileges

If you are like me an HSBC Premier client and also a frequent traveller that can maximize the number of priority pass visits, limo and meet-and-assist services as well as your supplementary cardholders too, then this is the card for you. The reduced general mile earn rate is worth the trade-off for the unlimited priority pass memberships, as well as the high number of limo and meet-and-assist services that you can use.

HSBC VISA Infinite Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International