Forum
Last updated: 

I realise I have been spending more than my maximum cashback limit on the UOB One Card recently. Would it be a good idea to get another miles card as a secondary card?

I recently started travelling more for work related reasons and in the process started to gain Krisflyer miles although in small amounts due to the constant flights. This has inspired the idea of getting a miles card as a secondary card. Do you think this is a good idea?

User comments

• user image

No Name

In my opinion, I think you can charge your expenses to the company then look into more cash back cards or get a miles card, however If your income is high enough then look into the higher tier cards, that is those with an income of $120,000 and above that offer free lounge access as this will make your travel more comfortable. So if you expect to be spending consistently more than the max cashback limit, then no harm looking for another card to accumulate more point. Good luck!

2019.08.01 6:6

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

Is it just me or UOB One online card application services are just so bad?

UOB One Card

In respect to the minimum requirement of five transactions per month for the UOB One card does each GRAB ride count as one transaction? For the minimum 5 transactions per month for the UOB one card, does each GRAB ride count as 1 transaction?

UOB One Card

I wonder why the UOB One supplementary card cannot be used together with the main card to hit the minimum spend?

UOB One Card

Can one apply for a UOB One Card from UOB without having a bank account with the bank?

UOB One Card

How does a self-employed apply for UOB one card?

UOB One Card

Related Forums

What are Stocks?

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

Related Reviews

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International