I accidently damage my Debit Card. What should I do?

I have been sitting all day, my card is in my wallet at the back pocket. I sat on it to tightly and got all wet beacuse of the sweat. I tried to withdraw my money but the atm keeps denying it. What should I do to fix my card. I really need the money. It's been a long day for me and I want to treat myself.

• user image

No Name

Contact your Bank for a request of replacement. Explain to them what happened to your card. You'll be paying fees for the replacement. You can contact them through landline. You can also contact them via online or SMS. You can also visit your bank for faster transactions. Some banks offer free replacement cards.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

My bank fails. What should I do?

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

Is it safe to give my account number to other persons?

What age can someone open a debit card.

Related Reviews

The habit to save regularly and grow a steady stream of income

UOB Stash Savings Account / United Overseas Bank

I like that with UOB Stash Savings Account one can make it a habit to save regularly, to grow a steady stream of income for times to come, plan ahead and save to ensure one can have a security blanket for the future. With this bank account you get to save as and when you have any extra cash or lump sums from your bonuses or investment

Rewards account holders with a high base rate according to their balance size

Maybank iSAVvy Savings Plus Account / Maybank Singapore

Maybank iSAVvy Plus Savings Account is a great option for consistent savers who can comfortably make large monthly deposits and no withdrawals at that for a period of 6 month. To begin with, Maybank iSAVvy Plus Account rewards account holders with a high base rate according to their balance size, reaching up to 0.38% p.a. for consumers with S$50k+ balance. Considering the market standard is just 0.05% p.a., this base–which comes without any requirements or criteria–is remarkably competitive. Additionally, consumers earn a substantial 1.56% p.a. bonus rate on their incremental growth after 6 months, assuming consistent deposits with no withdrawals.

A higher interest rate per annum as compared to other banks

Maybank iSAVvy Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

Maybank I savvy account offers a higher interest rate per annum as compared to other banks offerings. I believe that it is worth it to use them as a savings account where money accumulated is able to get higher interest.

Unlocks higher cashback of up to 5% on unlimited credit card spend

Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card / Standard Chartered Unlimited$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

The Unlimited$aver is a savings account linked to the Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card that unlocks higher cashback of up to 5% on unlimited credit card spend with funds deposited into the Unlimited$aver account. With the Unlimited$aver account, clients can earn up to 5% cashback on their unlimited credit card spend, with no cashback cap and no minimum spend.

You recieve 0.1% interest on the first $50,000

Standard Chartered e$aver Kids / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

This is a decent account for kid with ages 18 and below as there are no minimum deposit, fall below fee, monthly fee or lock-in period. However, as a parent you are required to pay $50 into the account by GIRO every month. The interest rates aren’t the best but they’re not that bad either as you recieve 0.1% interest on the first $50,000, 0.15% on amounts above $50,000 up to $200,000, and 0.25% on amounts above $200,000.

User interface for the mobile and online banking is lagging

CIMB FastSaver-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Good account with pretty good interest without having to worry about minimum spend or other transactions. However, since they encourage account holders to go cardless, to get a card you may need to pay for it. I find that the user interface for the mobile and online banking is rather lacklustre as logging in seems to be a huge problem for the app.