Forum
Last updated: 

Can i use my debit card for my maintenance?

There are situations that we are sick and we need to drink medicines that the doctor gave to us. Some people have illness like diabetes and other more. Those who have illness like that needs to drink their maintenance, but sometimes they ran out of those. They go to medical stores and buy those medicines. Now they do not have cash on hand, can they use their debit card for payment?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Debit cards are an alternative for cash. It is a plastic card that is issued by the bank allowing the cardholder to transfer their money electronically to another bank account when making a purchase. So it depends on the medical store that you will be going to if they accept card payments, but usually a lot of stores today allow usage of cards as payment.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

My bank fails. What should I do?

Using the companies Debit card.

Am I required to have a debit card?

Is it safe to give my account number to other persons?

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

I accidently damage my Debit Card. What should I do?

Related Reviews

Awesome banking products with preferential savings rates and lifestyle perks for the elderly

Maybank Singapore goes the extra mile with this one to targets the elderly in new integrated banking package with access to products such as endowment and retirement plans. Maybank Singapore’s integrated package encompassing banking products with preferential savings rates and lifestyle perks for customers aged 50 and above as part of its efforts to help them grow their retirement funds is simple genius

Maybank Passion Plus Programme / Maybank Singapore

Good for new to workforce adult with minimal saving.

The interest is quite low on this card as compared with other saving plan. It deducts 2 dollars per month on your account balance if it is lower than $500. The interest rate is minimal and there are no incentive to save each month. Super good account as they do not need initial deposit to open the account. Good for new to workforce adult that have not much saving.

DBS eMySavings Account / DBS Bank

A current account with a chequebook and a 0.8% interest rate

This is a current account with chequebook and a 0.8% for the interest. If you don’t require a chequebook, you can consider opening the fastsaver instead which pays 1%. This combined checking and savings account not only allows you to enjoy one of the highest interest rates at 0.8% p.a. but you will also receive unlimited free cheque books and free withdrawals ASEAN-wide.

CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

The best high interest account in the market!

This is perhaps the most competitive salary crediting account that earns sizeable interest rate. Only low point is that you need to hit the minimum spent of $500 a month on debit or credit card and must pair up with one/yolo/lady’s card. Best high interest account in the market! Reliable and efficient travel insurance claim, highly recommendable and easy to claim. Your one stop solution for all travel insurance needs.

UOB One Account / United Overseas Bank

Only an initial deposit ofy $10 with no fall below fee

The initial deposit is only $10 and there are no fall below fee, while the account offers other kid-related perks such as birthday privileges, hand foot and mouth disease hospitalisation and outpatient insurance and personal accident insurance for you and your child. They’ve also got frequent promotions designed to attract kids. For instance, when opening a Youngstarz Savings Account, your kid gets a $20 POPULAR bookstore voucher.

Maybank Youngstarz Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

User interface for the mobile and online banking is lagging

Good account with pretty good interest without having to worry about minimum spend or other transactions. However, since they encourage account holders to go cardless, to get a card you may need to pay for it. I find that the user interface for the mobile and online banking is rather lacklustre as logging in seems to be a huge problem for the app.

CIMB FastSaver-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch