Can i use my debit card for my maintenance?

There are situations that we are sick and we need to drink medicines that the doctor gave to us. Some people have illness like diabetes and other more. Those who have illness like that needs to drink their maintenance, but sometimes they ran out of those. They go to medical stores and buy those medicines. Now they do not have cash on hand, can they use their debit card for payment?

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

Debit cards are an alternative for cash. It is a plastic card that is issued by the bank allowing the cardholder to transfer their money electronically to another bank account when making a purchase. So it depends on the medical store that you will be going to if they accept card payments, but usually a lot of stores today allow usage of cards as payment.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What if I get fraud with the bank while I'm away from Singapore.

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

What age can someone open a debit card.

My bank fails. What should I do?

Am I required to have a debit card?

Can I reimburse the money from the company?

Related Reviews

Unlocks higher cashback of up to 5% on unlimited credit card spend

Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card / Standard Chartered Unlimited$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

The Unlimited$aver is a savings account linked to the Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card that unlocks higher cashback of up to 5% on unlimited credit card spend with funds deposited into the Unlimited$aver account. With the Unlimited$aver account, clients can earn up to 5% cashback on their unlimited credit card spend, with no cashback cap and no minimum spend.

First check book upon account opening issued at no charge

Citibank MaxiSave Account / Citibank Singapore

I like that with the Citibank MaxiSave account the first check book upon account opening will be issued upon request, at no charge.Subsequent check books however are automatically replenished at S$15 each. Also the free check imaging printed on monthly statements for easy monitoring and tracking

The first S$50,000 balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest

Maybank Passbook Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

Maybank Passbook Savings Account is remarkably simple in terms of its interest rates structure, but has a few unique features when considering eligibility. To begin with, savings earn interest according to tiers within the balance. In other words, the first S$50,000 of a balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest, and any remaining balance beyond S$50,000 earns 0.25% p.a. In terms of eligibility, that may be a bit odd.

High savings account interest rate with no requirements

Standard Chartered Unlimited$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

High savings account interest rate with no requirements and high $5,000,000 deposit limit but unfortunately only applicable for customers that are 55 years old and above. But still with a low 0.18% p.a. interest rate on first $50,000 deposit and access to enjoy interest rates of up to 1.28% p.a. with the MyWay Savings Account with no lock-in period and privileges on dining, travel, lifestyle and healthcare with the MyWay debit card, this is a fair enough deal.

User interface for the mobile and online banking is lagging

CIMB FastSaver-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Good account with pretty good interest without having to worry about minimum spend or other transactions. However, since they encourage account holders to go cardless, to get a card you may need to pay for it. I find that the user interface for the mobile and online banking is rather lacklustre as logging in seems to be a huge problem for the app.

Good for new to workforce adult with minimal saving.

DBS eMySavings Account / DBS Bank

The interest is quite low on this card as compared with other saving plan. It deducts 2 dollars per month on your account balance if it is lower than $500. The interest rate is minimal and there are no incentive to save each month. Super good account as they do not need initial deposit to open the account. Good for new to workforce adult that have not much saving.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.