My bank fails. What should I do?

I only have one bank here in Singapore, all of my savings are being deposited to this specific bank that I have been trusting since I first got a job. Now there is news that the bank that I have been keeping my money has suddenly gone bankrupt and told that I would not be opening anytime soon. What should I do to get my money now?

• user image

No Name

Banks are the safest place to keep your money. But from time to time some banks experience bankruptcy. Most banks are FDIC secured. If your bank is under the FDIC your money is safe that is upto $250,000.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

Can I reimburse the money from the company?

I accidently damage my Debit Card. What should I do?

I lost my Debit Card.

Can i use my debit card for my maintenance?

What age can someone open a debit card.

Related Reviews

A fantastic account for wealthy, consistent savers who can maintain a high balance

Citi MaxiGain Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

The Citi MaxiGain Savings Account is a fantastic account for wealthy, consistent savers who can maintain a balance between S$70,000–S$150,000. To begin with, this account is a bit unique as the base interest rate is set to 70% of the 1-month SIBOR (Singapore Interbank Offer Rate), which changes daily–making rates slightly more variable than with other accounts. As a baseline, the effective base rate tends to be around 1.00% p.a., more or less, which is by far the highest available as per market standards.

innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Citibank Step-Up Account / Citibank Singapore

Up Account allows for a base interest which is the basic interest that you will earn, just like with your normal savings account.This account will give you a base rate of 0.01% p.a. Step up interest is a unique component in addition to your base interest. This is innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Good for new to workforce adult with minimal saving.

DBS eMySavings Account / DBS Bank

The interest is quite low on this card as compared with other saving plan. It deducts 2 dollars per month on your account balance if it is lower than $500. The interest rate is minimal and there are no incentive to save each month. Super good account as they do not need initial deposit to open the account. Good for new to workforce adult that have not much saving.

Rewards account holders with a high base rate according to their balance size

Maybank iSAVvy Savings Plus Account / Maybank Singapore

Maybank iSAVvy Plus Savings Account is a great option for consistent savers who can comfortably make large monthly deposits and no withdrawals at that for a period of 6 month. To begin with, Maybank iSAVvy Plus Account rewards account holders with a high base rate according to their balance size, reaching up to 0.38% p.a. for consumers with S$50k+ balance. Considering the market standard is just 0.05% p.a., this base–which comes without any requirements or criteria–is remarkably competitive. Additionally, consumers earn a substantial 1.56% p.a. bonus rate on their incremental growth after 6 months, assuming consistent deposits with no withdrawals.

Make use of your UOB Personal Internet Banking to track your account balances

UOB Passbook Savings Account / United Overseas Bank

This is a savings account with a stylish passbook provided entirely free of charge. Despite this being a passbook savings account, you can still make use of UOB Personal Internet Banking and use it to track your account balances. Internet Banking will provide you the banking convenience where you can make banking transactions anytime at anywhere, banking conveniences literally at your fingertips.

The best high interest account in the market!

UOB One Account / United Overseas Bank

This is perhaps the most competitive salary crediting account that earns sizeable interest rate. Only low point is that you need to hit the minimum spent of $500 a month on debit or credit card and must pair up with one/yolo/lady’s card. Best high interest account in the market! Reliable and efficient travel insurance claim, highly recommendable and easy to claim. Your one stop solution for all travel insurance needs.