Forum
Last updated: 

What age can someone open a debit card.

A friend of mine, Ms. Rica has a daughter who is 15 years of age. She wants her child to open a bank account and have a debit card for security purposes for her daughter. They want their daughter to know the value of money while she is in a minor age. I want to know if she can be qualified to open one.

Search other products or providers:

User comments

• user image

No Name

Every parent always want their children to have an emergency money that they can easiliy access anytime they need it. One of those the easy accesses for them to send money to their children when away is through a debit card. But not every child can get an account or have a debit card from a bank they must be at least 16 years old to apply for a Debit Card.

2020.03.24 15:44
  • user image

F

Ddddxxxxetxh crctddctfcgggggggggggggvvvvvvbbtvfvfvvfvffvfvfvvfgbggGgtfvyicftictfifcugfctifctifcyifcyi fc you know what I do is dumb and you

2021.12.01 1:41
  • user image

F

Ddddxxxxetxh crctddctfcgggggggggggggvvvvvvbbtvfvfvvfvffvfvfvvfgbggGgtfvyicftictfifcugfctifctifcyifcyi fc you know what I do is dumb and you

2021.12.01 1:41

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Debit Cards

What if I get fraud with the bank while I'm away from Singapore.

Debit Cards

I lost my Debit Card.

Debit Cards

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

Debit Cards

My grandfather are being treated at home

Debit Cards

Is it safe to give my account number to other persons?

Debit Cards

Am I required to have a debit card?

Related Reviews

Debit Cards

I use CIMB FastSaver to deposit savings for my parents

This is a straightforward bank account which makes saving simple. As it does not come with the multiple criteria to earn a higher interest, the rate is lower compared to local banks, but up to 1.8% p.a. and there is no fall below fee involved. I use CIMB FastSaver to deposit savings for my parents and overall customer service is great since not many people use this bank.

CIMB FastSaver Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Debit Cards

The best high interest account in the market!

This is perhaps the most competitive salary crediting account that earns sizeable interest rate. Only low point is that you need to hit the minimum spent of $500 a month on debit or credit card and must pair up with one/yolo/lady’s card. Best high interest account in the market! Reliable and efficient travel insurance claim, highly recommendable and easy to claim. Your one stop solution for all travel insurance needs.

UOB One Account / United Overseas Bank

Debit Cards

The habit to save regularly and grow a steady stream of income

I like that with UOB Stash Savings Account one can make it a habit to save regularly, to grow a steady stream of income for times to come, plan ahead and save to ensure one can have a security blanket for the future. With this bank account you get to save as and when you have any extra cash or lump sums from your bonuses or investment

UOB Stash Savings Account / United Overseas Bank

Debit Cards

innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Up Account allows for a base interest which is the basic interest that you will earn, just like with your normal savings account.This account will give you a base rate of 0.01% p.a. Step up interest is a unique component in addition to your base interest. This is innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Citibank Step-Up Account / Citibank Singapore

Debit Cards

Gain great benefits while remitting money abroad

For fellow expats working in Singapore, this current promotion is great for those who need to remit USD overseas. This is where good planning is necessary. You don’t only benefit from exchanging money at your desired rate, but earn even more at the same time with the 2.5% p.a. interest. Plus, when you do transfer after the 4 months, you’ll get to enjoy same-day transfers at S$0 when doing so online with DBS Remit!

DBS Multi-Currency Account / DBS Bank

Debit Cards

A fantastic account for wealthy, consistent savers who can maintain a high balance

The Citi MaxiGain Savings Account is a fantastic account for wealthy, consistent savers who can maintain a balance between S$70,000–S$150,000. To begin with, this account is a bit unique as the base interest rate is set to 70% of the 1-month SIBOR (Singapore Interbank Offer Rate), which changes daily–making rates slightly more variable than with other accounts. As a baseline, the effective base rate tends to be around 1.00% p.a., more or less, which is by far the highest available as per market standards.

Citi MaxiGain Savings Account / Citibank Singapore