Forum
Last updated: 

What age can someone open a debit card.

A friend of mine, Ms. Rica has a daughter who is 15 years of age. She wants her child to open a bank account and have a debit card for security purposes for her daughter. They want their daughter to know the value of money while she is in a minor age. I want to know if she can be qualified to open one.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Every parent always want their children to have an emergency money that they can easiliy access anytime they need it. One of those the easy accesses for them to send money to their children when away is through a debit card. But not every child can get an account or have a debit card from a bank they must be at least 16 years old to apply for a Debit Card.

2020.03.24 15:44
  • user image

F

Ddddxxxxetxh crctddctfcgggggggggggggvvvvvvbbtvfvfvvfvffvfvfvvfgbggGgtfvyicftictfifcugfctifctifcyifcyi fc you know what I do is dumb and you

2021.12.01 1:41
  • user image

F

Ddddxxxxetxh crctddctfcgggggggggggggvvvvvvbbtvfvfvvfvffvfvfvvfgbggGgtfvyicftictfifcugfctifctifcyifcyi fc you know what I do is dumb and you

2021.12.01 1:41

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

My bank fails. What should I do?

I accidently damage my Debit Card. What should I do?

What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

My grandfather are being treated at home

Can I reimburse the money from the company?

Related Reviews

A Shariah-compliant deposit product which uses shariah concepts

This is a shariah-compliant deposit product which uses the shariah concept of wadiahyad dhamanah(guaranteed safe-keeping)where you deposit your monies with the bank for safe-keeping purposes.The deposits collected will be managed in accordance with Shariah and you will enjoy the benefits of a no fall-below fees and receive indicative returns on your CIMB StarSaver-i

CIMB StarSaver (Savings)-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Provides the potential to earn even higher interest than an ordinary savings account would allow

This Money Market Account provides the potential to earn even higher interest than an ordinary savings account would allow based on the daily prevailing Singapore Dollar Interbank Bid Rate. It also avails easy tracking of funds with separate monthly statement, online cheque payment service, direct transfer of funds between accounts, electronic statements and so on. The low point of this card has to be that it is only applicable to customers that are 55 years old and above

Citibank Money Market Account / Citibank Singapore

A current account with a chequebook and a 0.8% interest rate

This is a current account with chequebook and a 0.8% for the interest. If you don’t require a chequebook, you can consider opening the fastsaver instead which pays 1%. This combined checking and savings account not only allows you to enjoy one of the highest interest rates at 0.8% p.a. but you will also receive unlimited free cheque books and free withdrawals ASEAN-wide.

CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Good for new to workforce adult with minimal saving.

The interest is quite low on this card as compared with other saving plan. It deducts 2 dollars per month on your account balance if it is lower than $500. The interest rate is minimal and there are no incentive to save each month. Super good account as they do not need initial deposit to open the account. Good for new to workforce adult that have not much saving.

DBS eMySavings Account / DBS Bank

Only an initial deposit ofy $10 with no fall below fee

The initial deposit is only $10 and there are no fall below fee, while the account offers other kid-related perks such as birthday privileges, hand foot and mouth disease hospitalisation and outpatient insurance and personal accident insurance for you and your child. They’ve also got frequent promotions designed to attract kids. For instance, when opening a Youngstarz Savings Account, your kid gets a $20 POPULAR bookstore voucher.

Maybank Youngstarz Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

Gain great benefits while remitting money abroad

For fellow expats working in Singapore, this current promotion is great for those who need to remit USD overseas. This is where good planning is necessary. You don’t only benefit from exchanging money at your desired rate, but earn even more at the same time with the 2.5% p.a. interest. Plus, when you do transfer after the 4 months, you’ll get to enjoy same-day transfers at S$0 when doing so online with DBS Remit!

DBS Multi-Currency Account / DBS Bank