What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

I am about to file for bankruptcy but I've heard that there are certain restrictions once a person is declared bankrupt. I am curious about those restrictions and I want to find out more about them so that I could re-evaluate my current situation and think of alternative solutions before I file for bankrupptcy.

Search other products or providers:

• user image

No Name

Singapore has been known to have the safest banks in the world. According to an article published in 2019 by Global finance, DBS bank holds the title for the safest bank in Asia for 11 consecutive years and the 15th safest bank in the world. DBS bank has also been recognized by Euromoney as the "Worlds Best Bank"

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What if I get fraud with the bank while I'm away from Singapore.

Can i use my debit card for my maintenance?

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

Can I reimburse the money from the company?

Using the companies Debit card.

What age can someone open a debit card.

Related Reviews

High savings account interest rate with no requirements

Standard Chartered Unlimited$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

High savings account interest rate with no requirements and high $5,000,000 deposit limit but unfortunately only applicable for customers that are 55 years old and above. But still with a low 0.18% p.a. interest rate on first $50,000 deposit and access to enjoy interest rates of up to 1.28% p.a. with the MyWay Savings Account with no lock-in period and privileges on dining, travel, lifestyle and healthcare with the MyWay debit card, this is a fair enough deal.

A current account with a chequebook and a 0.8% interest rate

CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

This is a current account with chequebook and a 0.8% for the interest. If you don’t require a chequebook, you can consider opening the fastsaver instead which pays 1%. This combined checking and savings account not only allows you to enjoy one of the highest interest rates at 0.8% p.a. but you will also receive unlimited free cheque books and free withdrawals ASEAN-wide.

User interface for the mobile and online banking is lagging

CIMB FastSaver-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Good account with pretty good interest without having to worry about minimum spend or other transactions. However, since they encourage account holders to go cardless, to get a card you may need to pay for it. I find that the user interface for the mobile and online banking is rather lacklustre as logging in seems to be a huge problem for the app.

Remit money to Standard Chartared overseas account for free.

Standard Chartered FCY$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Standard Chartered is another name that has an expat banking programme to cater to expats’ needs allowing those on the programme to get their accounts set up prior to arriving in Singapore, and to remit money to overseas Standard Chartered account for free. The main drawback is the lack of Standard Chartered ATMs around, not easily accessable.

An account aimed at parents who already have an existing Citibank account and wish to open one for their kids

Citibank Junior Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

This is an account aimed at parents who already have an existing Citibank account and wish to open one for their kids who are below 18 years of age. Technically, Citibank does not impose fall-below fees on the Junior Savings Account holders. So if your child is the only one in the family with a Citibank account, there will be no fall below fee. However, if you as a parent also have a Citibank account and the total relationship balance which is the total balance of parent and child combined falls below $15,000, then a service fee of $15 will be charged to the parent’s account.

A competitive 3% interest rate and $50,000 insurance

Maybank SaveUp Account / Maybank Singapore

I use Maybank SaveUp for their 3% interest very competitive rate plus $50,000 insurance. I also use it for savings and not so much for transactions, so I'm ok with the user interface & lack of ATMs. Plus, their Maybank Platinum Visa Card has no annual fee, provided there is at least 1 transaction every quarter, and gives 3.33% cashback on almost any category of $300 spending free.