Forum
Last updated: 

What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

I am about to file for bankruptcy but I've heard that there are certain restrictions once a person is declared bankrupt. I am curious about those restrictions and I want to find out more about them so that I could re-evaluate my current situation and think of alternative solutions before I file for bankrupptcy.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Singapore has been known to have the safest banks in the world. According to an article published in 2019 by Global finance, DBS bank holds the title for the safest bank in Asia for 11 consecutive years and the 15th safest bank in the world. DBS bank has also been recognized by Euromoney as the "Worlds Best Bank"

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Is it safe to give my account number to other persons?

Lending my Debit card

How can I lock my debit card?

Can I reimburse the money from the company?

What age can someone open a debit card.

Am I required to have a debit card?

Related Reviews

The best high interest account in the market!

This is perhaps the most competitive salary crediting account that earns sizeable interest rate. Only low point is that you need to hit the minimum spent of $500 a month on debit or credit card and must pair up with one/yolo/lady’s card. Best high interest account in the market! Reliable and efficient travel insurance claim, highly recommendable and easy to claim. Your one stop solution for all travel insurance needs.

UOB One Account / United Overseas Bank

Good for new to workforce adult with minimal saving.

The interest is quite low on this card as compared with other saving plan. It deducts 2 dollars per month on your account balance if it is lower than $500. The interest rate is minimal and there are no incentive to save each month. Super good account as they do not need initial deposit to open the account. Good for new to workforce adult that have not much saving.

DBS eMySavings Account / DBS Bank

User interface for the mobile and online banking is lagging

Good account with pretty good interest without having to worry about minimum spend or other transactions. However, since they encourage account holders to go cardless, to get a card you may need to pay for it. I find that the user interface for the mobile and online banking is rather lacklustre as logging in seems to be a huge problem for the app.

CIMB FastSaver-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

A higher interest rate per annum as compared to other banks

Maybank I savvy account offers a higher interest rate per annum as compared to other banks offerings. I believe that it is worth it to use them as a savings account where money accumulated is able to get higher interest.

Maybank iSAVvy Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

Provides the potential to earn even higher interest than an ordinary savings account would allow

This Money Market Account provides the potential to earn even higher interest than an ordinary savings account would allow based on the daily prevailing Singapore Dollar Interbank Bid Rate. It also avails easy tracking of funds with separate monthly statement, online cheque payment service, direct transfer of funds between accounts, electronic statements and so on. The low point of this card has to be that it is only applicable to customers that are 55 years old and above

Citibank Money Market Account / Citibank Singapore

An account only open to consumers with an Advance banking relationship

This account is only open to consumers with an Advance banking relationship. Overall, HSBC Advance Time Deposit is fairly accessible, with just an S$5,000 minimum to place a deposit of any tenure at standard rates. Interest rates do not vary by deposit size, though rates jump substantially for longer tenures. In fact, board rates from 1 to12 months range from 0.05% to 0.25%, but a 24 month tenure earns an impressive 1.45% p.a. This is one of the highest 24 month rates on the market, making the HSBC Advance Fixed Deposit excellent for long-term deposits

HSBC Singapore Dollar Savings Account / HSBC Bank Singapore