Forum
Last updated: 

What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

I am about to file for bankruptcy but I've heard that there are certain restrictions once a person is declared bankrupt. I am curious about those restrictions and I want to find out more about them so that I could re-evaluate my current situation and think of alternative solutions before I file for bankrupptcy.

Search other products or providers:

User comments

• user image

No Name

Singapore has been known to have the safest banks in the world. According to an article published in 2019 by Global finance, DBS bank holds the title for the safest bank in Asia for 11 consecutive years and the 15th safest bank in the world. DBS bank has also been recognized by Euromoney as the "Worlds Best Bank"

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Debit Cards

Lending my Debit card

Debit Cards

Using the companies Debit card.

Debit Cards

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

Debit Cards

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

Debit Cards

How can I lock my debit card?

Debit Cards

What age can someone open a debit card.

Related Reviews

Debit Cards

A current account with a chequebook and a 0.8% interest rate

This is a current account with chequebook and a 0.8% for the interest. If you don’t require a chequebook, you can consider opening the fastsaver instead which pays 1%. This combined checking and savings account not only allows you to enjoy one of the highest interest rates at 0.8% p.a. but you will also receive unlimited free cheque books and free withdrawals ASEAN-wide.

CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Debit Cards

High savings account interest rate with no requirements

High savings account interest rate with no requirements and high $5,000,000 deposit limit but unfortunately only applicable for customers that are 55 years old and above. But still with a low 0.18% p.a. interest rate on first $50,000 deposit and access to enjoy interest rates of up to 1.28% p.a. with the MyWay Savings Account with no lock-in period and privileges on dining, travel, lifestyle and healthcare with the MyWay debit card, this is a fair enough deal.

Standard Chartered Unlimited$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Debit Cards

Provides the potential to earn even higher interest than an ordinary savings account would allow

This Money Market Account provides the potential to earn even higher interest than an ordinary savings account would allow based on the daily prevailing Singapore Dollar Interbank Bid Rate. It also avails easy tracking of funds with separate monthly statement, online cheque payment service, direct transfer of funds between accounts, electronic statements and so on. The low point of this card has to be that it is only applicable to customers that are 55 years old and above

Citibank Money Market Account / Citibank Singapore

Debit Cards

The best high interest account in the market!

This is perhaps the most competitive salary crediting account that earns sizeable interest rate. Only low point is that you need to hit the minimum spent of $500 a month on debit or credit card and must pair up with one/yolo/lady’s card. Best high interest account in the market! Reliable and efficient travel insurance claim, highly recommendable and easy to claim. Your one stop solution for all travel insurance needs.

UOB One Account / United Overseas Bank

Debit Cards

User interface for the mobile and online banking is lagging

Good account with pretty good interest without having to worry about minimum spend or other transactions. However, since they encourage account holders to go cardless, to get a card you may need to pay for it. I find that the user interface for the mobile and online banking is rather lacklustre as logging in seems to be a huge problem for the app.

CIMB FastSaver-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Debit Cards

innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Up Account allows for a base interest which is the basic interest that you will earn, just like with your normal savings account.This account will give you a base rate of 0.01% p.a. Step up interest is a unique component in addition to your base interest. This is innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Citibank Step-Up Account / Citibank Singapore