What if I get fraud with the bank while I'm away from Singapore.

I am on a vacation far from singapore, then suddenly I logged in on a fake bank site to view my account. I want to enjoy my vacation but next thing I see is that my account has been zeroed. As I am away from home, I will be panicking. All my savings and loans and information are there. So I need to ensure that everything is alright.

Search other products or providers:

• user image

No Name

Singapore has one of the top securest banks in the world. You can guarantee that if you have been hacked or fraud, The bank will ensure to help you in your case. The reputation of the bank is on the line here so they will be willing to help you in that. Before inputing your information (username and password) on the site, check if it is real. If it is an app, you can check the ratings and the creator of the app is really the bank/company.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

How can I lock my debit card?

Can I reimburse the money from the company?

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

I lost my Debit Card.

What age can someone open a debit card.

Can i use my debit card for my maintenance?

Related Reviews

First check book upon account opening issued at no charge

Citibank MaxiSave Account / Citibank Singapore

I like that with the Citibank MaxiSave account the first check book upon account opening will be issued upon request, at no charge.Subsequent check books however are automatically replenished at S$15 each. Also the free check imaging printed on monthly statements for easy monitoring and tracking

A current account with a chequebook and a 0.8% interest rate

CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

This is a current account with chequebook and a 0.8% for the interest. If you don’t require a chequebook, you can consider opening the fastsaver instead which pays 1%. This combined checking and savings account not only allows you to enjoy one of the highest interest rates at 0.8% p.a. but you will also receive unlimited free cheque books and free withdrawals ASEAN-wide.

Convenience of accessing your account via the Global view facility

HSBC Premier Lite / HSBC Bank Singapore

They allow eligibility for children aged 18 and below with a minimum initial deposit of S$1. With the HSBC Premier Lite Savings account as their first savings account, they will not only start saving early, but also receive a recognition card that offers worldwide emergency support wherever they may be. Apart from the exclusive HSBC Premier interest rates, you also have the convenience of accessing your account via the Global view facility, or through HSBC’s global ATM network and 24-hour Phone Banking Services.

I use CIMB FastSaver to deposit savings for my parents

CIMB FastSaver Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

This is a straightforward bank account which makes saving simple. As it does not come with the multiple criteria to earn a higher interest, the rate is lower compared to local banks, but up to 1.8% p.a. and there is no fall below fee involved. I use CIMB FastSaver to deposit savings for my parents and overall customer service is great since not many people use this bank.

Unlocks higher cashback of up to 5% on unlimited credit card spend

Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card / Standard Chartered Unlimited$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

The Unlimited$aver is a savings account linked to the Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card that unlocks higher cashback of up to 5% on unlimited credit card spend with funds deposited into the Unlimited$aver account. With the Unlimited$aver account, clients can earn up to 5% cashback on their unlimited credit card spend, with no cashback cap and no minimum spend.

Providing consumers heavy incentives to make large deposits into their accounts

Standard Chartered e$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

The Standard Chartered e$aver Savings Account is currently offering a promotion that significantly boosts its value by providing consumers heavy incentives to make large deposits into their accounts, as any incremental increases in their balance from month-to-month will earn 1.70% p.a. These funds must be credited to outside source, rather than transferred within the Standard Chartered banking system, and this bonus applies to the increase only and not to the entire balance.