Forum
Last updated: 

What if I get fraud with the bank while I'm away from Singapore.

I am on a vacation far from singapore, then suddenly I logged in on a fake bank site to view my account. I want to enjoy my vacation but next thing I see is that my account has been zeroed. As I am away from home, I will be panicking. All my savings and loans and information are there. So I need to ensure that everything is alright.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Singapore has one of the top securest banks in the world. You can guarantee that if you have been hacked or fraud, The bank will ensure to help you in your case. The reputation of the bank is on the line here so they will be willing to help you in that. Before inputing your information (username and password) on the site, check if it is real. If it is an app, you can check the ratings and the creator of the app is really the bank/company.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Using the companies Debit card.

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

I lost my Debit Card.

Lending my Debit card

Am I required to have a debit card?

Can i use my debit card for my maintenance?

Related Reviews

Providing consumers heavy incentives to make large deposits into their accounts

The Standard Chartered e$aver Savings Account is currently offering a promotion that significantly boosts its value by providing consumers heavy incentives to make large deposits into their accounts, as any incremental increases in their balance from month-to-month will earn 1.70% p.a. These funds must be credited to outside source, rather than transferred within the Standard Chartered banking system, and this bonus applies to the increase only and not to the entire balance.

Standard Chartered e$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

An account aimed at parents who already have an existing Citibank account and wish to open one for their kids

This is an account aimed at parents who already have an existing Citibank account and wish to open one for their kids who are below 18 years of age. Technically, Citibank does not impose fall-below fees on the Junior Savings Account holders. So if your child is the only one in the family with a Citibank account, there will be no fall below fee. However, if you as a parent also have a Citibank account and the total relationship balance which is the total balance of parent and child combined falls below $15,000, then a service fee of $15 will be charged to the parent’s account.

Citibank Junior Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

I use CIMB FastSaver to deposit savings for my parents

This is a straightforward bank account which makes saving simple. As it does not come with the multiple criteria to earn a higher interest, the rate is lower compared to local banks, but up to 1.8% p.a. and there is no fall below fee involved. I use CIMB FastSaver to deposit savings for my parents and overall customer service is great since not many people use this bank.

CIMB FastSaver Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Rewards account holders with a high base rate according to their balance size

Maybank iSAVvy Plus Savings Account is a great option for consistent savers who can comfortably make large monthly deposits and no withdrawals at that for a period of 6 month. To begin with, Maybank iSAVvy Plus Account rewards account holders with a high base rate according to their balance size, reaching up to 0.38% p.a. for consumers with S$50k+ balance. Considering the market standard is just 0.05% p.a., this base–which comes without any requirements or criteria–is remarkably competitive. Additionally, consumers earn a substantial 1.56% p.a. bonus rate on their incremental growth after 6 months, assuming consistent deposits with no withdrawals.

Maybank iSAVvy Savings Plus Account / Maybank Singapore

The best high interest account in the market!

This is perhaps the most competitive salary crediting account that earns sizeable interest rate. Only low point is that you need to hit the minimum spent of $500 a month on debit or credit card and must pair up with one/yolo/lady’s card. Best high interest account in the market! Reliable and efficient travel insurance claim, highly recommendable and easy to claim. Your one stop solution for all travel insurance needs.

UOB One Account / United Overseas Bank

A current account with a chequebook and a 0.8% interest rate

This is a current account with chequebook and a 0.8% for the interest. If you don’t require a chequebook, you can consider opening the fastsaver instead which pays 1%. This combined checking and savings account not only allows you to enjoy one of the highest interest rates at 0.8% p.a. but you will also receive unlimited free cheque books and free withdrawals ASEAN-wide.

CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch