What if I get fraud with the bank while I'm away from Singapore.

I am on a vacation far from singapore, then suddenly I logged in on a fake bank site to view my account. I want to enjoy my vacation but next thing I see is that my account has been zeroed. As I am away from home, I will be panicking. All my savings and loans and information are there. So I need to ensure that everything is alright.

• user image

No Name

Singapore has one of the top securest banks in the world. You can guarantee that if you have been hacked or fraud, The bank will ensure to help you in your case. The reputation of the bank is on the line here so they will be willing to help you in that. Before inputing your information (username and password) on the site, check if it is real. If it is an app, you can check the ratings and the creator of the app is really the bank/company.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

My bank fails. What should I do?

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

Am I required to have a debit card?

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

My grandfather are being treated at home

How can I lock my debit card?

Related Reviews

A higher interest rate per annum as compared to other banks

Maybank iSAVvy Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

Maybank I savvy account offers a higher interest rate per annum as compared to other banks offerings. I believe that it is worth it to use them as a savings account where money accumulated is able to get higher interest.

Complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas

Citibank InterestPlus Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

I use Citibank for travel and they have saved me a lot of money on ATM fees as they have many ATM's all over the world. When I had to call them I was very impressed with the level of customer service they provided me.They require a minimum initial deposit of $2,000 and provide complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas with no processing fee and instant fund transfers, I give them some high recommendations

Awesome banking products with preferential savings rates and lifestyle perks for the elderly

Maybank Passion Plus Programme / Maybank Singapore

Maybank Singapore goes the extra mile with this one to targets the elderly in new integrated banking package with access to products such as endowment and retirement plans. Maybank Singapore’s integrated package encompassing banking products with preferential savings rates and lifestyle perks for customers aged 50 and above as part of its efforts to help them grow their retirement funds is simple genius

A fantastic account for wealthy, consistent savers who can maintain a high balance

Citi MaxiGain Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

The Citi MaxiGain Savings Account is a fantastic account for wealthy, consistent savers who can maintain a balance between S$70,000–S$150,000. To begin with, this account is a bit unique as the base interest rate is set to 70% of the 1-month SIBOR (Singapore Interbank Offer Rate), which changes daily–making rates slightly more variable than with other accounts. As a baseline, the effective base rate tends to be around 1.00% p.a., more or less, which is by far the highest available as per market standards.

Hit the rate cap and continue to enjoy the base interest rate of 0.01% p.a.

Citibank Tap and Save Account / Citibank Singapore

If you often have wondered what will happen when you hit the rate cap, with Citibank tap and save account you will continue to enjoy the base interest rate of 0.01% p.a. and step up interest rate of 0.12% p.a. by continuing to ensure that your current month's minimum balance is greater than your last month's minimum balance or by maintaining your balance above S$20,000.

A current account with a chequebook and a 0.8% interest rate

CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

This is a current account with chequebook and a 0.8% for the interest. If you don’t require a chequebook, you can consider opening the fastsaver instead which pays 1%. This combined checking and savings account not only allows you to enjoy one of the highest interest rates at 0.8% p.a. but you will also receive unlimited free cheque books and free withdrawals ASEAN-wide.