Forum
Last updated: 

Using the companies Debit card.

The company gave me the company debit card that contains the money of the company. The president told me to use it. Now I am worried and surprise because out of the blue I have the debit card of the company. Should I return it? Is it even legal to have it in my hands? I am not sure if I should use it.

User comments

• user image

No Name

All companies have bank accounts that can be used for the expenses of the company. If the CEO, or owner of the company gave you permission to use the debit card of the company. Ask them if there is a catch or if they are really letting you use the company card. Also ask them if it would affect your position and if you can use it for your own use.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What if I get fraud with the bank while I'm away from Singapore.

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

Am I required to have a debit card?

My grandfather are being treated at home

What age can someone open a debit card.

My bank fails. What should I do?

Related Reviews

Remit money to Standard Chartared overseas account for free.

Standard Chartered is another name that has an expat banking programme to cater to expats’ needs allowing those on the programme to get their accounts set up prior to arriving in Singapore, and to remit money to overseas Standard Chartered account for free. The main drawback is the lack of Standard Chartered ATMs around, not easily accessable.

Standard Chartered FCY$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas

I use Citibank for travel and they have saved me a lot of money on ATM fees as they have many ATM's all over the world. When I had to call them I was very impressed with the level of customer service they provided me.They require a minimum initial deposit of $2,000 and provide complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas with no processing fee and instant fund transfers, I give them some high recommendations

Citibank InterestPlus Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

Provides the potential to earn even higher interest than an ordinary savings account would allow

This Money Market Account provides the potential to earn even higher interest than an ordinary savings account would allow based on the daily prevailing Singapore Dollar Interbank Bid Rate. It also avails easy tracking of funds with separate monthly statement, online cheque payment service, direct transfer of funds between accounts, electronic statements and so on. The low point of this card has to be that it is only applicable to customers that are 55 years old and above

Citibank Money Market Account / Citibank Singapore

A fantastic account for wealthy, consistent savers who can maintain a high balance

The Citi MaxiGain Savings Account is a fantastic account for wealthy, consistent savers who can maintain a balance between S$70,000–S$150,000. To begin with, this account is a bit unique as the base interest rate is set to 70% of the 1-month SIBOR (Singapore Interbank Offer Rate), which changes daily–making rates slightly more variable than with other accounts. As a baseline, the effective base rate tends to be around 1.00% p.a., more or less, which is by far the highest available as per market standards.

Citi MaxiGain Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

A Shariah-compliant deposit product which uses shariah concepts

This is a shariah-compliant deposit product which uses the shariah concept of wadiahyad dhamanah(guaranteed safe-keeping)where you deposit your monies with the bank for safe-keeping purposes.The deposits collected will be managed in accordance with Shariah and you will enjoy the benefits of a no fall-below fees and receive indicative returns on your CIMB StarSaver-i

CIMB StarSaver (Savings)-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

The first S$50,000 balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest

Maybank Passbook Savings Account is remarkably simple in terms of its interest rates structure, but has a few unique features when considering eligibility. To begin with, savings earn interest according to tiers within the balance. In other words, the first S$50,000 of a balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest, and any remaining balance beyond S$50,000 earns 0.25% p.a. In terms of eligibility, that may be a bit odd.

Maybank Passbook Savings Account / Maybank Singapore