Forum
Last updated: 

How can I lock my debit card?

While I was riding a public transportation, there are a lot people taking trains and while I was trying to get inside, my things scattered all over the floor. Trying to catch the next train, I hurriedly picked up all of my things and ride to the next train. When I finally arrived at the office, I checked all my things and noticed that my debit card is not in my wallet. I tried calling the subway officer but they said that they did not see any debit card. I was afraid someone will use it and spend all my savings. I wanted to know if there is a way to lock my debit card to keep other people from using it.

User comments

• user image

No Name

There are a lot of debit cards that has a lock feature. This was used to prevent others from using it. This feature is very useful when someone misplaces his or her card. It was made to lock the account to prevent thieves or someone from making fraudulent charges. But once you get the card back, you can unlock it again and use as your debit card.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Lending my Debit card

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

Can i use my debit card for my maintenance?

What if I get fraud with the bank while I'm away from Singapore.

Using the companies Debit card.

I accidently damage my Debit Card. What should I do?

Related Reviews

An account only open to consumers with an Advance banking relationship

This account is only open to consumers with an Advance banking relationship. Overall, HSBC Advance Time Deposit is fairly accessible, with just an S$5,000 minimum to place a deposit of any tenure at standard rates. Interest rates do not vary by deposit size, though rates jump substantially for longer tenures. In fact, board rates from 1 to12 months range from 0.05% to 0.25%, but a 24 month tenure earns an impressive 1.45% p.a. This is one of the highest 24 month rates on the market, making the HSBC Advance Fixed Deposit excellent for long-term deposits

HSBC Singapore Dollar Savings Account / HSBC Bank Singapore

Good for new to workforce adult with minimal saving.

The interest is quite low on this card as compared with other saving plan. It deducts 2 dollars per month on your account balance if it is lower than $500. The interest rate is minimal and there are no incentive to save each month. Super good account as they do not need initial deposit to open the account. Good for new to workforce adult that have not much saving.

DBS eMySavings Account / DBS Bank

High savings account interest rate with no requirements

High savings account interest rate with no requirements and high $5,000,000 deposit limit but unfortunately only applicable for customers that are 55 years old and above. But still with a low 0.18% p.a. interest rate on first $50,000 deposit and access to enjoy interest rates of up to 1.28% p.a. with the MyWay Savings Account with no lock-in period and privileges on dining, travel, lifestyle and healthcare with the MyWay debit card, this is a fair enough deal.

Standard Chartered Unlimited$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Up Account allows for a base interest which is the basic interest that you will earn, just like with your normal savings account.This account will give you a base rate of 0.01% p.a. Step up interest is a unique component in addition to your base interest. This is innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Citibank Step-Up Account / Citibank Singapore

First check book upon account opening issued at no charge

I like that with the Citibank MaxiSave account the first check book upon account opening will be issued upon request, at no charge.Subsequent check books however are automatically replenished at S$15 each. Also the free check imaging printed on monthly statements for easy monitoring and tracking

Citibank MaxiSave Account / Citibank Singapore

User interface for the mobile and online banking is lagging

Good account with pretty good interest without having to worry about minimum spend or other transactions. However, since they encourage account holders to go cardless, to get a card you may need to pay for it. I find that the user interface for the mobile and online banking is rather lacklustre as logging in seems to be a huge problem for the app.

CIMB FastSaver-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch