How can I lock my debit card?

While I was riding a public transportation, there are a lot people taking trains and while I was trying to get inside, my things scattered all over the floor. Trying to catch the next train, I hurriedly picked up all of my things and ride to the next train. When I finally arrived at the office, I checked all my things and noticed that my debit card is not in my wallet. I tried calling the subway officer but they said that they did not see any debit card. I was afraid someone will use it and spend all my savings. I wanted to know if there is a way to lock my debit card to keep other people from using it.

Search other products or providers:

• user image

No Name

There are a lot of debit cards that has a lock feature. This was used to prevent others from using it. This feature is very useful when someone misplaces his or her card. It was made to lock the account to prevent thieves or someone from making fraudulent charges. But once you get the card back, you can unlock it again and use as your debit card.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can i use my debit card for my maintenance?

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

Am I required to have a debit card?

Lending my Debit card

My bank fails. What should I do?

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

Related Reviews

The habit to save regularly and grow a steady stream of income

UOB Stash Savings Account / United Overseas Bank

I like that with UOB Stash Savings Account one can make it a habit to save regularly, to grow a steady stream of income for times to come, plan ahead and save to ensure one can have a security blanket for the future. With this bank account you get to save as and when you have any extra cash or lump sums from your bonuses or investment

Remit money to Standard Chartared overseas account for free.

Standard Chartered FCY$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Standard Chartered is another name that has an expat banking programme to cater to expats’ needs allowing those on the programme to get their accounts set up prior to arriving in Singapore, and to remit money to overseas Standard Chartered account for free. The main drawback is the lack of Standard Chartered ATMs around, not easily accessable.

Convenience of accessing your account via the Global view facility

HSBC Premier Lite / HSBC Bank Singapore

They allow eligibility for children aged 18 and below with a minimum initial deposit of S$1. With the HSBC Premier Lite Savings account as their first savings account, they will not only start saving early, but also receive a recognition card that offers worldwide emergency support wherever they may be. Apart from the exclusive HSBC Premier interest rates, you also have the convenience of accessing your account via the Global view facility, or through HSBC’s global ATM network and 24-hour Phone Banking Services.

Good for new to workforce adult with minimal saving.

DBS eMySavings Account / DBS Bank

The interest is quite low on this card as compared with other saving plan. It deducts 2 dollars per month on your account balance if it is lower than $500. The interest rate is minimal and there are no incentive to save each month. Super good account as they do not need initial deposit to open the account. Good for new to workforce adult that have not much saving.

Awesome banking products with preferential savings rates and lifestyle perks for the elderly

Maybank Passion Plus Programme / Maybank Singapore

Maybank Singapore goes the extra mile with this one to targets the elderly in new integrated banking package with access to products such as endowment and retirement plans. Maybank Singapore’s integrated package encompassing banking products with preferential savings rates and lifestyle perks for customers aged 50 and above as part of its efforts to help them grow their retirement funds is simple genius

An account only open to consumers with an Advance banking relationship

HSBC Singapore Dollar Savings Account / HSBC Bank Singapore

This account is only open to consumers with an Advance banking relationship. Overall, HSBC Advance Time Deposit is fairly accessible, with just an S$5,000 minimum to place a deposit of any tenure at standard rates. Interest rates do not vary by deposit size, though rates jump substantially for longer tenures. In fact, board rates from 1 to12 months range from 0.05% to 0.25%, but a 24 month tenure earns an impressive 1.45% p.a. This is one of the highest 24 month rates on the market, making the HSBC Advance Fixed Deposit excellent for long-term deposits