Forum
Last updated: 

How can I lock my debit card?

While I was riding a public transportation, there are a lot people taking trains and while I was trying to get inside, my things scattered all over the floor. Trying to catch the next train, I hurriedly picked up all of my things and ride to the next train. When I finally arrived at the office, I checked all my things and noticed that my debit card is not in my wallet. I tried calling the subway officer but they said that they did not see any debit card. I was afraid someone will use it and spend all my savings. I wanted to know if there is a way to lock my debit card to keep other people from using it.

Search other products or providers:

User comments

• user image

No Name

There are a lot of debit cards that has a lock feature. This was used to prevent others from using it. This feature is very useful when someone misplaces his or her card. It was made to lock the account to prevent thieves or someone from making fraudulent charges. But once you get the card back, you can unlock it again and use as your debit card.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Debit Cards

I accidently damage my Debit Card. What should I do?

Debit Cards

Is it safe to give my account number to other persons?

Debit Cards

Using the companies Debit card.

Debit Cards

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

Debit Cards

Am I required to have a debit card?

Debit Cards

What age can someone open a debit card.

Related Reviews

Debit Cards

A competitive 3% interest rate and $50,000 insurance

I use Maybank SaveUp for their 3% interest very competitive rate plus $50,000 insurance. I also use it for savings and not so much for transactions, so I'm ok with the user interface & lack of ATMs. Plus, their Maybank Platinum Visa Card has no annual fee, provided there is at least 1 transaction every quarter, and gives 3.33% cashback on almost any category of $300 spending free.

Maybank SaveUp Account / Maybank Singapore

Debit Cards

The first S$50,000 balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest

Maybank Passbook Savings Account is remarkably simple in terms of its interest rates structure, but has a few unique features when considering eligibility. To begin with, savings earn interest according to tiers within the balance. In other words, the first S$50,000 of a balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest, and any remaining balance beyond S$50,000 earns 0.25% p.a. In terms of eligibility, that may be a bit odd.

Maybank Passbook Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

Debit Cards

You recieve 0.1% interest on the first $50,000

This is a decent account for kid with ages 18 and below as there are no minimum deposit, fall below fee, monthly fee or lock-in period. However, as a parent you are required to pay $50 into the account by GIRO every month. The interest rates aren’t the best but they’re not that bad either as you recieve 0.1% interest on the first $50,000, 0.15% on amounts above $50,000 up to $200,000, and 0.25% on amounts above $200,000.

Standard Chartered e$aver Kids / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Debit Cards

First check book upon account opening issued at no charge

I like that with the Citibank MaxiSave account the first check book upon account opening will be issued upon request, at no charge.Subsequent check books however are automatically replenished at S$15 each. Also the free check imaging printed on monthly statements for easy monitoring and tracking

Citibank MaxiSave Account / Citibank Singapore

Debit Cards

A current account with a chequebook and a 0.8% interest rate

This is a current account with chequebook and a 0.8% for the interest. If you don’t require a chequebook, you can consider opening the fastsaver instead which pays 1%. This combined checking and savings account not only allows you to enjoy one of the highest interest rates at 0.8% p.a. but you will also receive unlimited free cheque books and free withdrawals ASEAN-wide.

CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Debit Cards

Convenience of accessing your account via the Global view facility

They allow eligibility for children aged 18 and below with a minimum initial deposit of S$1. With the HSBC Premier Lite Savings account as their first savings account, they will not only start saving early, but also receive a recognition card that offers worldwide emergency support wherever they may be. Apart from the exclusive HSBC Premier interest rates, you also have the convenience of accessing your account via the Global view facility, or through HSBC’s global ATM network and 24-hour Phone Banking Services.

HSBC Premier Lite / HSBC Bank Singapore