Forum
Last updated: 

Is it safe to give my account number to other persons?

A lot of people owe me money and it was too much hassle if I am going to go to them one by one. I was wondering of giving my bank account number because that will be more convenient for me. I am anxious about giving it to them since I am afraid that it might get hacked and all my savings will be gone. I wanted to know if it was safe to give them my bank account number.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Yes it is safe to give bank account numbers in order to collect the debts. It is safe because it is generally a practice for the receiving party to make the account number known to the paying party, It will only be dangerous if both the routing number and account number was known because a person might be able to steal.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

How can I lock my debit card?

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

My grandfather are being treated at home

What if I get fraud with the bank while I'm away from Singapore.

I accidently damage my Debit Card. What should I do?

What age can someone open a debit card.

Related Reviews

User interface for the mobile and online banking is lagging

Good account with pretty good interest without having to worry about minimum spend or other transactions. However, since they encourage account holders to go cardless, to get a card you may need to pay for it. I find that the user interface for the mobile and online banking is rather lacklustre as logging in seems to be a huge problem for the app.

CIMB FastSaver-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

The best high interest account in the market!

This is perhaps the most competitive salary crediting account that earns sizeable interest rate. Only low point is that you need to hit the minimum spent of $500 a month on debit or credit card and must pair up with one/yolo/lady’s card. Best high interest account in the market! Reliable and efficient travel insurance claim, highly recommendable and easy to claim. Your one stop solution for all travel insurance needs.

UOB One Account / United Overseas Bank

A higher interest rate per annum as compared to other banks

Maybank I savvy account offers a higher interest rate per annum as compared to other banks offerings. I believe that it is worth it to use them as a savings account where money accumulated is able to get higher interest.

Maybank iSAVvy Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

Convenience of accessing your account via the Global view facility

They allow eligibility for children aged 18 and below with a minimum initial deposit of S$1. With the HSBC Premier Lite Savings account as their first savings account, they will not only start saving early, but also receive a recognition card that offers worldwide emergency support wherever they may be. Apart from the exclusive HSBC Premier interest rates, you also have the convenience of accessing your account via the Global view facility, or through HSBC’s global ATM network and 24-hour Phone Banking Services.

HSBC Premier Lite / HSBC Bank Singapore

Rewards account holders with a high base rate according to their balance size

Maybank iSAVvy Plus Savings Account is a great option for consistent savers who can comfortably make large monthly deposits and no withdrawals at that for a period of 6 month. To begin with, Maybank iSAVvy Plus Account rewards account holders with a high base rate according to their balance size, reaching up to 0.38% p.a. for consumers with S$50k+ balance. Considering the market standard is just 0.05% p.a., this base–which comes without any requirements or criteria–is remarkably competitive. Additionally, consumers earn a substantial 1.56% p.a. bonus rate on their incremental growth after 6 months, assuming consistent deposits with no withdrawals.

Maybank iSAVvy Savings Plus Account / Maybank Singapore

Providing consumers heavy incentives to make large deposits into their accounts

The Standard Chartered e$aver Savings Account is currently offering a promotion that significantly boosts its value by providing consumers heavy incentives to make large deposits into their accounts, as any incremental increases in their balance from month-to-month will earn 1.70% p.a. These funds must be credited to outside source, rather than transferred within the Standard Chartered banking system, and this bonus applies to the increase only and not to the entire balance.

Standard Chartered e$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore