Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

During my heart surgery last month, the money I saved was only enough for all the hospital expenses. I used my card and did not noticed that it passed below my maintaining balance. I am scared that it my debit card will be automatically closed by the bank since it was almost zero.I tried notifying the bank about it but they are not responding.

Search other products or providers:

• user image

No Name

Your debit card will not close just because of low balance. It was actually possible for some banks to overdraw but of course, there will be an interest. But if it was not like that, you just cannot withdraw anymore money to it. In some banks, if the maintaining balance became lower, they will deduct a penalty when money has been deposited.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

My bank fails. What should I do?

I accidently damage my Debit Card. What should I do?

How can I lock my debit card?

My grandfather are being treated at home

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

Related Reviews

A current account with a chequebook and a 0.8% interest rate

CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

This is a current account with chequebook and a 0.8% for the interest. If you don’t require a chequebook, you can consider opening the fastsaver instead which pays 1%. This combined checking and savings account not only allows you to enjoy one of the highest interest rates at 0.8% p.a. but you will also receive unlimited free cheque books and free withdrawals ASEAN-wide.

Only an initial deposit ofy $10 with no fall below fee

Maybank Youngstarz Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

The initial deposit is only $10 and there are no fall below fee, while the account offers other kid-related perks such as birthday privileges, hand foot and mouth disease hospitalisation and outpatient insurance and personal accident insurance for you and your child. They’ve also got frequent promotions designed to attract kids. For instance, when opening a Youngstarz Savings Account, your kid gets a $20 POPULAR bookstore voucher.

High savings account interest rate with no requirements

Standard Chartered Unlimited$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

High savings account interest rate with no requirements and high $5,000,000 deposit limit but unfortunately only applicable for customers that are 55 years old and above. But still with a low 0.18% p.a. interest rate on first $50,000 deposit and access to enjoy interest rates of up to 1.28% p.a. with the MyWay Savings Account with no lock-in period and privileges on dining, travel, lifestyle and healthcare with the MyWay debit card, this is a fair enough deal.

The habit to save regularly and grow a steady stream of income

UOB Stash Savings Account / United Overseas Bank

I like that with UOB Stash Savings Account one can make it a habit to save regularly, to grow a steady stream of income for times to come, plan ahead and save to ensure one can have a security blanket for the future. With this bank account you get to save as and when you have any extra cash or lump sums from your bonuses or investment

I use CIMB FastSaver to deposit savings for my parents

CIMB FastSaver Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

This is a straightforward bank account which makes saving simple. As it does not come with the multiple criteria to earn a higher interest, the rate is lower compared to local banks, but up to 1.8% p.a. and there is no fall below fee involved. I use CIMB FastSaver to deposit savings for my parents and overall customer service is great since not many people use this bank.

Providing consumers heavy incentives to make large deposits into their accounts

Standard Chartered e$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

The Standard Chartered e$aver Savings Account is currently offering a promotion that significantly boosts its value by providing consumers heavy incentives to make large deposits into their accounts, as any incremental increases in their balance from month-to-month will earn 1.70% p.a. These funds must be credited to outside source, rather than transferred within the Standard Chartered banking system, and this bonus applies to the increase only and not to the entire balance.