Forum
Last updated: 

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

During my heart surgery last month, the money I saved was only enough for all the hospital expenses. I used my card and did not noticed that it passed below my maintaining balance. I am scared that it my debit card will be automatically closed by the bank since it was almost zero.I tried notifying the bank about it but they are not responding.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Your debit card will not close just because of low balance. It was actually possible for some banks to overdraw but of course, there will be an interest. But if it was not like that, you just cannot withdraw anymore money to it. In some banks, if the maintaining balance became lower, they will deduct a penalty when money has been deposited.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What age can someone open a debit card.

How can I lock my debit card?

What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

I lost my Debit Card.

My grandfather are being treated at home

Can i use my debit card for my maintenance?

Related Reviews

Gain great benefits while remitting money abroad

For fellow expats working in Singapore, this current promotion is great for those who need to remit USD overseas. This is where good planning is necessary. You don’t only benefit from exchanging money at your desired rate, but earn even more at the same time with the 2.5% p.a. interest. Plus, when you do transfer after the 4 months, you’ll get to enjoy same-day transfers at S$0 when doing so online with DBS Remit!

DBS Multi-Currency Account / DBS Bank

A Shariah-compliant deposit product which uses shariah concepts

This is a shariah-compliant deposit product which uses the shariah concept of wadiahyad dhamanah(guaranteed safe-keeping)where you deposit your monies with the bank for safe-keeping purposes.The deposits collected will be managed in accordance with Shariah and you will enjoy the benefits of a no fall-below fees and receive indicative returns on your CIMB StarSaver-i

CIMB StarSaver (Savings)-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Make use of your UOB Personal Internet Banking to track your account balances

This is a savings account with a stylish passbook provided entirely free of charge. Despite this being a passbook savings account, you can still make use of UOB Personal Internet Banking and use it to track your account balances. Internet Banking will provide you the banking convenience where you can make banking transactions anytime at anywhere, banking conveniences literally at your fingertips.

UOB Passbook Savings Account / United Overseas Bank

An account aimed at parents who already have an existing Citibank account and wish to open one for their kids

This is an account aimed at parents who already have an existing Citibank account and wish to open one for their kids who are below 18 years of age. Technically, Citibank does not impose fall-below fees on the Junior Savings Account holders. So if your child is the only one in the family with a Citibank account, there will be no fall below fee. However, if you as a parent also have a Citibank account and the total relationship balance which is the total balance of parent and child combined falls below $15,000, then a service fee of $15 will be charged to the parent’s account.

Citibank Junior Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Up Account allows for a base interest which is the basic interest that you will earn, just like with your normal savings account.This account will give you a base rate of 0.01% p.a. Step up interest is a unique component in addition to your base interest. This is innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Citibank Step-Up Account / Citibank Singapore

Good for new to workforce adult with minimal saving.

The interest is quite low on this card as compared with other saving plan. It deducts 2 dollars per month on your account balance if it is lower than $500. The interest rate is minimal and there are no incentive to save each month. Super good account as they do not need initial deposit to open the account. Good for new to workforce adult that have not much saving.

DBS eMySavings Account / DBS Bank