Forum
Last updated: 

Am I required to have a debit card?

A business company has given us a lot of benefits, to me that satisfies my needs and most of them were not even on my plan. Now my company is requiring us to have a debit card as a part of the benefits of the company. I want to know if it is legal to require the employees to have one. I am not used to those things.

User comments

• user image

No Name

In the latest way of paying the workers of a company is usally by a bank. Most businesses or companies have partnered already with banks so they can deposit the salaries that their employees need. Those major companies provides you the debit card that you can use anytime. But it depends on the company that you are working for. Some small companies give the salary the old fashion way.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Using the companies Debit card.

My bank fails. What should I do?

What age can someone open a debit card.

I accidently damage my Debit Card. What should I do?

What if I get fraud with the bank while I'm away from Singapore.

What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

Related Reviews

A higher interest rate per annum as compared to other banks

Maybank I savvy account offers a higher interest rate per annum as compared to other banks offerings. I believe that it is worth it to use them as a savings account where money accumulated is able to get higher interest.

Maybank iSAVvy Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

The first S$50,000 balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest

Maybank Passbook Savings Account is remarkably simple in terms of its interest rates structure, but has a few unique features when considering eligibility. To begin with, savings earn interest according to tiers within the balance. In other words, the first S$50,000 of a balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest, and any remaining balance beyond S$50,000 earns 0.25% p.a. In terms of eligibility, that may be a bit odd.

Maybank Passbook Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

Make use of your UOB Personal Internet Banking to track your account balances

This is a savings account with a stylish passbook provided entirely free of charge. Despite this being a passbook savings account, you can still make use of UOB Personal Internet Banking and use it to track your account balances. Internet Banking will provide you the banking convenience where you can make banking transactions anytime at anywhere, banking conveniences literally at your fingertips.

UOB Passbook Savings Account / United Overseas Bank

Good for new to workforce adult with minimal saving.

The interest is quite low on this card as compared with other saving plan. It deducts 2 dollars per month on your account balance if it is lower than $500. The interest rate is minimal and there are no incentive to save each month. Super good account as they do not need initial deposit to open the account. Good for new to workforce adult that have not much saving.

DBS eMySavings Account / DBS Bank

Only an initial deposit ofy $10 with no fall below fee

The initial deposit is only $10 and there are no fall below fee, while the account offers other kid-related perks such as birthday privileges, hand foot and mouth disease hospitalisation and outpatient insurance and personal accident insurance for you and your child. They’ve also got frequent promotions designed to attract kids. For instance, when opening a Youngstarz Savings Account, your kid gets a $20 POPULAR bookstore voucher.

Maybank Youngstarz Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

The best high interest account in the market!

This is perhaps the most competitive salary crediting account that earns sizeable interest rate. Only low point is that you need to hit the minimum spent of $500 a month on debit or credit card and must pair up with one/yolo/lady’s card. Best high interest account in the market! Reliable and efficient travel insurance claim, highly recommendable and easy to claim. Your one stop solution for all travel insurance needs.

UOB One Account / United Overseas Bank