Forum
Last updated: 

Am I required to have a debit card?

A business company has given us a lot of benefits, to me that satisfies my needs and most of them were not even on my plan. Now my company is requiring us to have a debit card as a part of the benefits of the company. I want to know if it is legal to require the employees to have one. I am not used to those things.

User comments

• user image

No Name

In the latest way of paying the workers of a company is usally by a bank. Most businesses or companies have partnered already with banks so they can deposit the salaries that their employees need. Those major companies provides you the debit card that you can use anytime. But it depends on the company that you are working for. Some small companies give the salary the old fashion way.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can i use my debit card for my maintenance?

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

I lost my Debit Card.

My bank fails. What should I do?

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

My grandfather are being treated at home

Related Reviews

The best high interest account in the market!

This is perhaps the most competitive salary crediting account that earns sizeable interest rate. Only low point is that you need to hit the minimum spent of $500 a month on debit or credit card and must pair up with one/yolo/lady’s card. Best high interest account in the market! Reliable and efficient travel insurance claim, highly recommendable and easy to claim. Your one stop solution for all travel insurance needs.

UOB One Account / United Overseas Bank

Convenience of accessing your account via the Global view facility

They allow eligibility for children aged 18 and below with a minimum initial deposit of S$1. With the HSBC Premier Lite Savings account as their first savings account, they will not only start saving early, but also receive a recognition card that offers worldwide emergency support wherever they may be. Apart from the exclusive HSBC Premier interest rates, you also have the convenience of accessing your account via the Global view facility, or through HSBC’s global ATM network and 24-hour Phone Banking Services.

HSBC Premier Lite / HSBC Bank Singapore

Providing consumers heavy incentives to make large deposits into their accounts

The Standard Chartered e$aver Savings Account is currently offering a promotion that significantly boosts its value by providing consumers heavy incentives to make large deposits into their accounts, as any incremental increases in their balance from month-to-month will earn 1.70% p.a. These funds must be credited to outside source, rather than transferred within the Standard Chartered banking system, and this bonus applies to the increase only and not to the entire balance.

Standard Chartered e$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Make use of your UOB Personal Internet Banking to track your account balances

This is a savings account with a stylish passbook provided entirely free of charge. Despite this being a passbook savings account, you can still make use of UOB Personal Internet Banking and use it to track your account balances. Internet Banking will provide you the banking convenience where you can make banking transactions anytime at anywhere, banking conveniences literally at your fingertips.

UOB Passbook Savings Account / United Overseas Bank

Hit the rate cap and continue to enjoy the base interest rate of 0.01% p.a.

If you often have wondered what will happen when you hit the rate cap, with Citibank tap and save account you will continue to enjoy the base interest rate of 0.01% p.a. and step up interest rate of 0.12% p.a. by continuing to ensure that your current month's minimum balance is greater than your last month's minimum balance or by maintaining your balance above S$20,000.

Citibank Tap and Save Account / Citibank Singapore

Remit money to Standard Chartared overseas account for free.

Standard Chartered is another name that has an expat banking programme to cater to expats’ needs allowing those on the programme to get their accounts set up prior to arriving in Singapore, and to remit money to overseas Standard Chartered account for free. The main drawback is the lack of Standard Chartered ATMs around, not easily accessable.

Standard Chartered FCY$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore