What must be done when a debtor failed to complied to a creditor?

I have a friend who borrowed money to a certain creditor. He tries to pay back with his monthly income but it is not enough to fully pay the whole debt. He failed numerous times of repaying and he was notified to comply to a favorable judgement. He then again failed to do so and his assets and other commissions were directly delineated to his creditor.

Search other products or providers:

• user image

No Name

After multiple times of request to pay from the debtor, he failed to comply to their plea resulting to a garnishment of his liabilities. Garnishee proceedings changed the obligation of the garnishee, from your friend to the creditor he owed to. The court also will order your friend to pay the creditor of the amount of debt due or any sufficient amount that will satisfy the order and the costs of the garnishee proceedings.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

What are investments in Singapore that would provide guaranteed principal and returns?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

Related Reviews

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

American Express Personal Card / American Express International

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Family Package Rewards

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

Customer care service at top notch

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.