Does my money also liquidate along with the bank?

Earning money here in Singapore is hard especially when you are a beginner here. I have been working for quite a long time. My employer suggested to open a bank for me to be able to save up my money. I have saved up my money in a bank as they told. After years past. The bank went bankruptcy, I am now worried if money is still okay or will it also liquidate with the bank.

Search other products or providers:

• user image

No Name

There are some cases when you just opened a bank account and had a savings account, the bank under goes bankruptcy and you cannot access to banks anymore. Do not worry, your money is still safe and will not liquidate like the bank. Your money is insured by the government and by the legal rights you can withdraw your money to them/

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

The atm is not functioning well

Damaged bank card

How do I transfer $100,000 from Canada to Singapore?

What is the best bank that will give a big interest to my savings?

Can somebody tell me which is better for me, a savings account or a current account?

Can I save a lot of money?

Related Reviews

No esponse to email claims and poor customer care service

HLAssurance Single Trip / HL Assurance

Don’t bother to buy insurance from them no matter how cheap they offer it as they do not response to email claims and when one calls them for an update, one is told that it takes two months to REVIEW a claim. Well in my case one month had passed and they wrote back to me asking to prove that I travel outbound and other documents. Now my question is why they did not asked for such documents within a week of my claim submission? Please avoid this company!

$18 for the cheapest one week coverage plan in ASEAN countries.

FWD Travel Insurance Business / FWD Singapore

This is definitely one of the affordable brands and their prices are often competitive with ongoing promos particularly if you’re travelling beyond Southeast Asia. Don’t you think that $27 for a week’s coverage in expensive countries like Australia and New Zealand is really quite a good deal? Now with such low prices you’d think they’d hold out on discounts but not at all, as they currently offer 20% off with the promo code TRAVEL20. That’s $18 for the cheapest one week coverage plan in ASEAN countries.

Sompo’s plan dont cover trip delays and cancellation

SOMPO TravelJoy Deluxe / Sompo Insurance Singapore

For folks with pre-existing medical conditions like asthma or heart conditions, they can consider Sompo’s Travel Joy Deluxe plans. Sompo’s plan only covers medical evacuation however and not trip delays and cancellation as well.However, Sompo offers unlimited evacuation should make up for it. If your condition is life-threatening, unlimited evacuation is more important than being covered for a wide variety of incidents.

Overseas study insurance has never been easier with the ability to buy online and receive your e-policy instantly

MSIG Global Study / MSIG Insurance Singapore

Getting overseas study insurance has never been easier with the ability to buy online and receive your e-policy instantly. The MSIG Global Study emergency hotline ensures that there is always someone to connect you to medical care and evacuation, no matter which time zone you are in. So therefore you save time by submitting your overseas study insurance claim online and they will keep the process as simple as possible to bring your claim to a fair settlement.

I cancelled my airline tickets and submitted my claim online

Allianz Single Trip Travel Insurance / Allianz Global Assistance Singapore

When I bought airline tickets much farther out in advance than I would normally do, I bought travel insurance via Allianz and also added the "required to work" rider for it just in case. I am so happy I did as due to some changes in my department I was not able to go on vacation as previously planned. I cancelled my airline tickets and submitted my claim online, including printouts showing I cancelled the tickets, along with an email from my supervisor indicating I was required to work.

Claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while overseas

Tiq Travel Insurance / Etiqa Insurance

In case you were not aware, most travel insurers do not cover claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while you are overseas, but thankfully Tiq Travel Insurance does so you can go right ahead and opt for one of their Pre-Ex plans to adequately cover yourself on your travels.Some common examples of pre-existing medical conditions are Diabetes, Stroke, Asthma, Cancer and Epilepsy