Forum
Last updated: 

Does my money also liquidate along with the bank?

Earning money here in Singapore is hard especially when you are a beginner here. I have been working for quite a long time. My employer suggested to open a bank for me to be able to save up my money. I have saved up my money in a bank as they told. After years past. The bank went bankruptcy, I am now worried if money is still okay or will it also liquidate with the bank.

User comments

• user image

No Name

There are some cases when you just opened a bank account and had a savings account, the bank under goes bankruptcy and you cannot access to banks anymore. Do not worry, your money is still safe and will not liquidate like the bank. Your money is insured by the government and by the legal rights you can withdraw your money to them/

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

I need to maintain my medicines.

Can I use my savings for my maintenance medicine?

Damaged bank card

Can I use a debit card to book bus?

What should I do? Someone hacked my bank account through my phone

How to have savings from salary.

Related Reviews

If you plan to buy travel insurance with Citibank, be prepared to pay a premium

With Citibank, you have a choice between complimentary travel insurance with a Citi PremierMiles, Citibank Cash Back or Citibank Rewards Card or paying for a premium insurer. If you take a closer look at the coverage limits on the complimentary insurance plans, you’ll realise that the limits fall way short of industry standards for paid travel insurance. Which essentially means that you take it up on your own risk. If you plan to buy travel insurance with Citibank, you’ll have to pay a premium however as it is expensive and the coverage doesn’t quite fit what you pay for but if good emergency assistance is your top priority, then you might find Citibank travel insurance worth your money.

Citi Travel Insurance / Citibank Singapore

Pprotects you in the event your business equipment is lost or stolen.

The Allianz annual plans saves frequent travellers some serious money. In fact, a couple only has to take two seven-day trips a year for an annual plan to become a better buy. And if you travel for work and are responsible for your own insurance, the Allianz AllTrips Executive Plan might be a fitting solution. It provides reasonable coverage for all categories and protects you in the event your business equipment is lost or stolen.

Allianz Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance / Allianz Global Assistance Singapore

The level of support and clarity MSIG provides is very reassuring and thoughtful

If you pause to consider its cheapest Standard plan, MSIG travel insurance is actually very affordable after the generous promotional discounts. The level of support and clarity MSIG provides is also reassuring and very thoughtful while there terms & conditions are clearly stated on the site and not hidden away in some remote PDF, and the claims process appears to be pleasant. However, the only cons is that MSIG has made the Standard plan very limited in comparison to the Elite and Premier Plans. Once you compare their coverage, you will definitely feel tempted to upgrade.

MSIG TravelEasy Standard / MSIG Insurance Singapore

Just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia,and $44 for a week's cover in Europe and US.

Even as SOMPO is not cheap generally, they still try to remain competitive promotions like the generous 40% off, which makes the basic Sompo Travel Joy Vital plans affordable with just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia, and about $44 for a week in Europe and US. However, even with 40% off, be prepared to pay a premium for their GO Japan! Plan. It’ll still set you back close to $53 for a week’s coverage.

SOMPO TravelJoy Elite / Sompo Insurance Singapore

Sompo’s plan dont cover trip delays and cancellation

For folks with pre-existing medical conditions like asthma or heart conditions, they can consider Sompo’s Travel Joy Deluxe plans. Sompo’s plan only covers medical evacuation however and not trip delays and cancellation as well.However, Sompo offers unlimited evacuation should make up for it. If your condition is life-threatening, unlimited evacuation is more important than being covered for a wide variety of incidents.

SOMPO TravelJoy Deluxe / Sompo Insurance Singapore

Insurance policy covers outdoor activities and even extreme sports.

I don’t usually make reviews or comments about products but one simple thing that impressed me about the Amex Express VoyageGuard was that there was absolutely nothing at all in the Amex travel insurance policy wording to exclude outdoor activities or even extreme sports. That is very unlike other competitors we exclude such, I commend this card for being adventurous.

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Superior Plans / American Express International