Forum
Last updated: 

What is the best bank that will give a big interest to my savings?

I am preparing for the upcoming operation of my mother due to her kidney stones. Since I know that it will cost a lot of money, I started saving money since December last year and her operation will be this upcoming July. I'm thinking to put the money in the bank since it was dangerous keeping it all in my wallet or be left in the house, plus the interest will be of great help.

User comments

• user image

No Name

There are lots of available banks that gives up to 3% interest rate to your savings but surely, there will be minimum amount that should be left in the bank. It is also good to apply a savings plan which guarantees the client that the cash deposited/saved in the bank will grow as time goes by. It will be of great help in the future when medicines are needed to be bought because the expenses will not stop after the surgery.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can I use a debit card to book bus?

Do you recommend OCBC or UOB for corporate bank accounts?

I established a company in Singapore this April. I'm going to open a corporate bank account right away. For the time being, we mainly pay salaries to employees and receive money from clients. My friend recommended OCBC or UOB bank, but I'm not sure which bank to choose. Which bank do you recommend?

SSB or money in a fixed deposit?

Can I use my savings for my maintenance medicine?

Can I save a lot of money?

I need to maintain my medicines.

Related Reviews

Personal accident cover starts 3 hours before departure with a high medical coverage of up to S$600,000

This card allows you to pays up to $S20,000 under Trip Curtailment even if you have to remain overseas for medical treatment and pays up to S$12,000 for the unrecoverable deposits under Trip Cancellation. Your Personal Accident cover starts 3 hours before departure with a high medical coverage of up to S$600,000 for medical and accidental dental treatment whilst overseas with an automatic extension of policy for up to 30 days if you are hospitalized or placed under compulsory quarantine while overseas upon the written advice of a Doctor. You receive up to S$10,000 for lost personal effects and reimbursement to replace the essential items and an automatic extension of policy for up to 72 hours if you are unable to complete your trip as planned due to Public Transport delays that are not your fault

HSBC SmartTraveller (Essential Plan) / HSBC Bank Singapore

A golf advantage cover that provides coverage for damaged or lost golf equipment in your checked luggage

Unfortunately, Allianz has pretty strict restrictions when it comes to sports coverage as you won't be covered for sailing, hunting, playing polo, mountaineering, skiing, rock climbing, parachuting or hang gliding. You do however, have a golf advantage cover that provides coverage for damaged or lost golf equipment that is in your checked luggage. Allianz has an efficient online claim portal allows customers to submit and file their claims online easily and if you have problems uploading your claim you can call or email them for assistance. If you are claiming for medical or dental expenses, you will still have to send original copies of your supporting documents and an acknowledgement email to the address in the table below.

Allianz Travel Protect Single Trip Gold Plan - Standard Chartered / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Pprotects you in the event your business equipment is lost or stolen.

The Allianz annual plans saves frequent travellers some serious money. In fact, a couple only has to take two seven-day trips a year for an annual plan to become a better buy. And if you travel for work and are responsible for your own insurance, the Allianz AllTrips Executive Plan might be a fitting solution. It provides reasonable coverage for all categories and protects you in the event your business equipment is lost or stolen.

Allianz Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance / Allianz Global Assistance Singapore

Coverage for adventurous activities like bungee jumping, skydiving etc

You are covered for adventurous activities like bungee jumping, skydiving, paragliding, hot air ballooning, jet skiing, white water rafting, diving and general snow sports like skiing and snowboarding. There is also decent golf coverage for equipment, unused green fees, and hole-in-one (that should please all the golf lovers). However, you will only get the adventure cover and golf cover for Elite and Premier plans (too bad golf lovers).

MSIG TravelEasy Standard Pre-Ex / MSIG Insurance Singapore

I cancelled my airline tickets and submitted my claim online

When I bought airline tickets much farther out in advance than I would normally do, I bought travel insurance via Allianz and also added the "required to work" rider for it just in case. I am so happy I did as due to some changes in my department I was not able to go on vacation as previously planned. I cancelled my airline tickets and submitted my claim online, including printouts showing I cancelled the tickets, along with an email from my supervisor indicating I was required to work.

Allianz Single Trip Travel Insurance / Allianz Global Assistance Singapore

Coverage for pregnant women in their first or second trimester

If you’re an Aviva policyholder or have a family member who is one who qualifies for the 30% discount, then don’t hesitate on going for this. Without a doubt, this is the cheapest and most purchase worth travel insurance you can buy out there. If you’re not a policyholder, it’s still a really good deal if you can get 18% discount with the promo code. Those travelling to a bit more expensive countries will want to get the second tier plan for a few dollars more. For pregnant women in their first or second trimester or just any woman who could be travelling while pregnant, Aviva travel insurance is one of the very few options that will cover your condition.

AVIVA Travel Lite / Aviva