What is the best bank that will give a big interest to my savings?

I am preparing for the upcoming operation of my mother due to her kidney stones. Since I know that it will cost a lot of money, I started saving money since December last year and her operation will be this upcoming July. I'm thinking to put the money in the bank since it was dangerous keeping it all in my wallet or be left in the house, plus the interest will be of great help.

• user image

No Name

There are lots of available banks that gives up to 3% interest rate to your savings but surely, there will be minimum amount that should be left in the bank. It is also good to apply a savings plan which guarantees the client that the cash deposited/saved in the bank will grow as time goes by. It will be of great help in the future when medicines are needed to be bought because the expenses will not stop after the surgery.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Who can recommend the ideal joint account suitable for couples?

Do you recommend OCBC or UOB for corporate bank accounts?

I established a company in Singapore this April. I'm going to open a corporate bank account right away. For the time being, we mainly pay salaries to employees and receive money from clients. My friend recommended OCBC or UOB bank, but I'm not sure which bank to choose. Which bank do you recommend?

Can somebody tell me which is better for me, a savings account or a current account?

Can I sue someone who is sabotaging my life?

Can I save a lot of money?

How do I transfer $100,000 from Canada to Singapore?

Related Reviews

Claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while overseas

Tiq Travel Insurance / Etiqa Insurance

In case you were not aware, most travel insurers do not cover claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while you are overseas, but thankfully Tiq Travel Insurance does so you can go right ahead and opt for one of their Pre-Ex plans to adequately cover yourself on your travels.Some common examples of pre-existing medical conditions are Diabetes, Stroke, Asthma, Cancer and Epilepsy

You can get evacuated home for free thanks to the unlimited coverage for medical evacuations

SOMPO TravelJoy Vital / Sompo Insurance Singapore

This card is a very comprehensive travel insurance plan for travel to Japan. However even when you are not travelling to Japan, Sompo has come up with a pretty good solution for those with pre-existing medical conditions, as the Sompo Travel Joy Deluxe plan is worth considering, even if you’re not travelling to Japan. Should anything happen, you can get evacuated home for free thanks to the unlimited coverage for medical evacuations. Sompo loses out however when it comes to coverage of outdoor activities.

if you’re into extreme sports, this might be the best travel insurance in Singapore for you

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Essential Plans / American Express International

The fact that Amex is super lenient and covers almost every death-defying experience you can think of makes this card the more impressive.So if you’re that extreme, this might be the best travel insurance in Singapore for you. On the other hand however, if there isn’t a deep discount, then Amex travel insurance is pricier than average and won’t offer that much monies worth.

$18 for the cheapest one week coverage plan in ASEAN countries.

FWD Travel Insurance Business / FWD Singapore

This is definitely one of the affordable brands and their prices are often competitive with ongoing promos particularly if you’re travelling beyond Southeast Asia. Don’t you think that $27 for a week’s coverage in expensive countries like Australia and New Zealand is really quite a good deal? Now with such low prices you’d think they’d hold out on discounts but not at all, as they currently offer 20% off with the promo code TRAVEL20. That’s $18 for the cheapest one week coverage plan in ASEAN countries.

Coverage for pregnant women in their first or second trimester

AVIVA Travel Lite / Aviva

If you’re an Aviva policyholder or have a family member who is one who qualifies for the 30% discount, then don’t hesitate on going for this. Without a doubt, this is the cheapest and most purchase worth travel insurance you can buy out there. If you’re not a policyholder, it’s still a really good deal if you can get 18% discount with the promo code. Those travelling to a bit more expensive countries will want to get the second tier plan for a few dollars more. For pregnant women in their first or second trimester or just any woman who could be travelling while pregnant, Aviva travel insurance is one of the very few options that will cover your condition.

Greater protection against baggage, rip delays and baggage loss

HLAssurance Annual Unlimited / HL Assurance

Within Asia, HL Assurance is the cheapest of the three plans for 1-week trips, but falls behind the other two for 2-week trips. HL Assurance's Enhanced Plan, like the Basic Plan, places more emphasis on travel inconvenience, with more coverage in this area than FWD and Etiqa. Comparatively speaking, FWD and Etiqa both provide more coverage for medical expenses, trip cancellation and personal accident/death. So if you want greater protection against disruptions like baggage and trip delays and baggage loss, HL Assurance's Enhanced Plan is a better choice.