Can I use my savings for my maintenance medicine?

I have been saving money in my bank since I started my work. Years have passed and I want to use the money now to help my mother with her daily medications. I want to know if I could still use the money even though it is named after me. I want to help her financially so she does not have not to worry about it.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

A medical savings account is present Singapore which aims to provide a tax-advantaged savings account and provide both an investment and health coverage. It provides a fund for medical expenses, or if not, is an investment for future use for medicine. Additionally, it will allow a person to meet future personal or immediate family's hospitalization, day surgery and for certain outpatient expenses.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

My ATM card isn't working. So in this case, what should I do?

Who can recommend the ideal joint account suitable for couples?

What account is perfect for saving children fees aside from my regular savings account?

How to save money for a new laptop or any expensive gadgets?

What should I do? Someone hacked my bank account through my phone

SSB or money in a fixed deposit?

Related Reviews

You can get evacuated home for free thanks to the unlimited coverage for medical evacuations

SOMPO TravelJoy Vital / Sompo Insurance Singapore

This card is a very comprehensive travel insurance plan for travel to Japan. However even when you are not travelling to Japan, Sompo has come up with a pretty good solution for those with pre-existing medical conditions, as the Sompo Travel Joy Deluxe plan is worth considering, even if you’re not travelling to Japan. Should anything happen, you can get evacuated home for free thanks to the unlimited coverage for medical evacuations. Sompo loses out however when it comes to coverage of outdoor activities.

The level of support and clarity MSIG provides is very reassuring and thoughtful

MSIG TravelEasy Standard / MSIG Insurance Singapore

If you pause to consider its cheapest Standard plan, MSIG travel insurance is actually very affordable after the generous promotional discounts. The level of support and clarity MSIG provides is also reassuring and very thoughtful while there terms & conditions are clearly stated on the site and not hidden away in some remote PDF, and the claims process appears to be pleasant. However, the only cons is that MSIG has made the Standard plan very limited in comparison to the Elite and Premier Plans. Once you compare their coverage, you will definitely feel tempted to upgrade.

Pay extra to add on coverage for winter sports and extreme water sports

AVIVA Travel Prestige / Aviva

This cards basic policy covers mainstream stuff like scuba diving and hiking, even as there are quite a lot of exceptions like mountain biking, surfing and flying fox in the package. Irrespective, you can pay extra to add on coverage for winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, sleigh rides or for extreme water sports. Extreme latter sports covers the likes of surfing, jet skiing, sailing, kayaking as well as diving as deep as 40m.

Insurance policy covers outdoor activities and even extreme sports.

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Superior Plans / American Express International

I don’t usually make reviews or comments about products but one simple thing that impressed me about the Amex Express VoyageGuard was that there was absolutely nothing at all in the Amex travel insurance policy wording to exclude outdoor activities or even extreme sports. That is very unlike other competitors we exclude such, I commend this card for being adventurous.

A golf advantage cover that provides coverage for damaged or lost golf equipment in your checked luggage

Allianz Travel Protect Single Trip Gold Plan - Standard Chartered / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Unfortunately, Allianz has pretty strict restrictions when it comes to sports coverage as you won't be covered for sailing, hunting, playing polo, mountaineering, skiing, rock climbing, parachuting or hang gliding. You do however, have a golf advantage cover that provides coverage for damaged or lost golf equipment that is in your checked luggage. Allianz has an efficient online claim portal allows customers to submit and file their claims online easily and if you have problems uploading your claim you can call or email them for assistance. If you are claiming for medical or dental expenses, you will still have to send original copies of your supporting documents and an acknowledgement email to the address in the table below.

Pay a fixed fee for continuous travel insurance throughout the year.

Allianz Family Travel Insurance / Allianz Global Assistance Singapore

Allianz Global Assistance provides decent travel insurance options for consumers and excels in two specific types of coverage which are coverage for travellers going on longer trips and for those traveling with children. Where most companies top out around three months.That I think is an essential feature for college students studying abroad or recent grads taking extended backpacking trips. Now if you’re a frequent business traveller, Allianz also offers four different annual plans, which allow you to pay a fixed fee for continuous travel insurance throughout the year.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.