Damaged bank card

All of us become forgetful at times, and that times can sometimes be your unlucky time. While I was cleaning my bag, I put out all my things including all my cards. While I was not looking, my younger brother played with it and broke my bank card into half. I was wondering if it is okay to get another one from the bank.

Search other products or providers:

• user image

No Name

Asking for a new debit card is normal especially because accidents happen. Life happened. You just ask for request of new card to your bank and they will notify you as soon as possible if it is ready. When you activated your card, you shoukd discard the old one and destroy it completely. Make sure that all the numbers are cut and also the other parts of the card so that it will be hard to replicate.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can I use my savings for my maintenance medicine?

May I use the savings of my brother to pay a repossessed item?

Do you recommend OCBC or UOB for corporate bank accounts?

I established a company in Singapore this April. I'm going to open a corporate bank account right away. For the time being, we mainly pay salaries to employees and receive money from clients. My friend recommended OCBC or UOB bank, but I'm not sure which bank to choose. Which bank do you recommend?

What should I do? Someone hacked my bank account through my phone

SSB or money in a fixed deposit?

What is the best bank that will give a big interest to my savings?

Related Reviews

Overseas study insurance has never been easier with the ability to buy online and receive your e-policy instantly

MSIG Global Study / MSIG Insurance Singapore

Getting overseas study insurance has never been easier with the ability to buy online and receive your e-policy instantly. The MSIG Global Study emergency hotline ensures that there is always someone to connect you to medical care and evacuation, no matter which time zone you are in. So therefore you save time by submitting your overseas study insurance claim online and they will keep the process as simple as possible to bring your claim to a fair settlement.

Get $300 limit on delays, $300 for missed connections and another $500 for diversions

FWD Travel Insurance First / FWD Singapore

The FWD policy wording doesn’t mention any sporting exclusions, with the exception of competitive sports and hiking/trekking above 3,000m. Considering that most outdoor activities are covered, their lowest tier plan (Premium) is very good value for money. For the basic plan, FWD Premium has quite a high trip cancellation claim limit of $7,500 which applies for haze-related cancellation or infectious diseases like Zika and dengue too. Where FWD loses out is in the below-average travel inconvenience benefits. For example, for travel delays, you get $300 limit on delays, another $300 for missed connections and another $500 for “diversions”. It is very hard to claim the full benefit.

Pay a fixed fee for continuous travel insurance throughout the year.

Allianz Family Travel Insurance / Allianz Global Assistance Singapore

Allianz Global Assistance provides decent travel insurance options for consumers and excels in two specific types of coverage which are coverage for travellers going on longer trips and for those traveling with children. Where most companies top out around three months.That I think is an essential feature for college students studying abroad or recent grads taking extended backpacking trips. Now if you’re a frequent business traveller, Allianz also offers four different annual plans, which allow you to pay a fixed fee for continuous travel insurance throughout the year.

if you’re into extreme sports, this might be the best travel insurance in Singapore for you

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Essential Plans / American Express International

The fact that Amex is super lenient and covers almost every death-defying experience you can think of makes this card the more impressive.So if you’re that extreme, this might be the best travel insurance in Singapore for you. On the other hand however, if there isn’t a deep discount, then Amex travel insurance is pricier than average and won’t offer that much monies worth.

Personal accident cover starts 3 hours before departure with a high medical coverage of up to S$600,000

HSBC SmartTraveller (Essential Plan) / HSBC Bank Singapore

This card allows you to pays up to $S20,000 under Trip Curtailment even if you have to remain overseas for medical treatment and pays up to S$12,000 for the unrecoverable deposits under Trip Cancellation. Your Personal Accident cover starts 3 hours before departure with a high medical coverage of up to S$600,000 for medical and accidental dental treatment whilst overseas with an automatic extension of policy for up to 30 days if you are hospitalized or placed under compulsory quarantine while overseas upon the written advice of a Doctor. You receive up to S$10,000 for lost personal effects and reimbursement to replace the essential items and an automatic extension of policy for up to 72 hours if you are unable to complete your trip as planned due to Public Transport delays that are not your fault

Coverage for pregnant women in their first or second trimester

AVIVA Travel Lite / Aviva

If you’re an Aviva policyholder or have a family member who is one who qualifies for the 30% discount, then don’t hesitate on going for this. Without a doubt, this is the cheapest and most purchase worth travel insurance you can buy out there. If you’re not a policyholder, it’s still a really good deal if you can get 18% discount with the promo code. Those travelling to a bit more expensive countries will want to get the second tier plan for a few dollars more. For pregnant women in their first or second trimester or just any woman who could be travelling while pregnant, Aviva travel insurance is one of the very few options that will cover your condition.