Damaged bank card

All of us become forgetful at times, and that times can sometimes be your unlucky time. While I was cleaning my bag, I put out all my things including all my cards. While I was not looking, my younger brother played with it and broke my bank card into half. I was wondering if it is okay to get another one from the bank.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

Asking for a new debit card is normal especially because accidents happen. Life happened. You just ask for request of new card to your bank and they will notify you as soon as possible if it is ready. When you activated your card, you shoukd discard the old one and destroy it completely. Make sure that all the numbers are cut and also the other parts of the card so that it will be hard to replicate.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Wha are the ways to reduce my expenses without compromising on my lifestyle?

Does my money also liquidate along with the bank?

My ATM card isn't working. So in this case, what should I do?

May I use the savings of my brother to pay a repossessed item?

What account is perfect for saving children fees aside from my regular savings account?

Can I save a lot of money?

Related Reviews

I cancelled my airline tickets and submitted my claim online

Allianz Single Trip Travel Insurance / Allianz Global Assistance Singapore

When I bought airline tickets much farther out in advance than I would normally do, I bought travel insurance via Allianz and also added the "required to work" rider for it just in case. I am so happy I did as due to some changes in my department I was not able to go on vacation as previously planned. I cancelled my airline tickets and submitted my claim online, including printouts showing I cancelled the tickets, along with an email from my supervisor indicating I was required to work.

Pay extra to add on coverage for winter sports and extreme water sports

AVIVA Travel Prestige / Aviva

This cards basic policy covers mainstream stuff like scuba diving and hiking, even as there are quite a lot of exceptions like mountain biking, surfing and flying fox in the package. Irrespective, you can pay extra to add on coverage for winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, sleigh rides or for extreme water sports. Extreme latter sports covers the likes of surfing, jet skiing, sailing, kayaking as well as diving as deep as 40m.

Enjoy insurance cover for children provided for free in case the whole family is travelling together

ERGO TravelProtect Essential / ERGO Insurance

ERGO travel insurance plans secure and beautiful moments during your trip. Now aside from the benefits included in your policy, insured individuals can also enjoy insurance cover for children provided for free in case the whole family is travelling together, free emergency repatriation to country of residence when insured person selects a minimum of four risks to be covered in the policy and can enjoy helicopter or airplane use in case of emergencies.

Just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia,and $44 for a week's cover in Europe and US.

SOMPO TravelJoy Elite / Sompo Insurance Singapore

Even as SOMPO is not cheap generally, they still try to remain competitive promotions like the generous 40% off, which makes the basic Sompo Travel Joy Vital plans affordable with just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia, and about $44 for a week in Europe and US. However, even with 40% off, be prepared to pay a premium for their GO Japan! Plan. It’ll still set you back close to $53 for a week’s coverage.

if you’re into extreme sports, this might be the best travel insurance in Singapore for you

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Essential Plans / American Express International

The fact that Amex is super lenient and covers almost every death-defying experience you can think of makes this card the more impressive.So if you’re that extreme, this might be the best travel insurance in Singapore for you. On the other hand however, if there isn’t a deep discount, then Amex travel insurance is pricier than average and won’t offer that much monies worth.

Covers pregnancy-related medical situations

AVIVA Travel Plus / Aviva

This Aviva travel insurance also covers pregnancy-related medical situations as long as the delivery date is at least 12 weeks away from your return to Singapore. Most other insurance companies are extremely reluctant to bear that risk but I should mention that if you’re planning to get married or engage in some pre-wedding photoshoot overseas, then take advantage of the nicely packaged add-on for comprehensive wedding coverage to help minimise the amount of freaking out over your special day.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.