Forum
Last updated: 

Damaged bank card

All of us become forgetful at times, and that times can sometimes be your unlucky time. While I was cleaning my bag, I put out all my things including all my cards. While I was not looking, my younger brother played with it and broke my bank card into half. I was wondering if it is okay to get another one from the bank.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Asking for a new debit card is normal especially because accidents happen. Life happened. You just ask for request of new card to your bank and they will notify you as soon as possible if it is ready. When you activated your card, you shoukd discard the old one and destroy it completely. Make sure that all the numbers are cut and also the other parts of the card so that it will be hard to replicate.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

How can a disabled person have a savings account?

Can I use a debit card to book bus?

Does my money also liquidate along with the bank?

How to have savings from salary.

Can I use my savings for my maintenance medicine?

If I was to file for bankruptcy would that mean for my bank account that is currently linked to all my billing accounts?

Related Reviews

Just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia,and $44 for a week's cover in Europe and US.

Even as SOMPO is not cheap generally, they still try to remain competitive promotions like the generous 40% off, which makes the basic Sompo Travel Joy Vital plans affordable with just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia, and about $44 for a week in Europe and US. However, even with 40% off, be prepared to pay a premium for their GO Japan! Plan. It’ll still set you back close to $53 for a week’s coverage.

SOMPO TravelJoy Elite / Sompo Insurance Singapore

A very good international reputation for its emergency assistance

Even though you may purchase this travel insurance from American Express channels, every aspect of the after-sales support is taken care of by Chubb Insurance. Chubb has a very good international reputation for its emergency assistance, which is reassuring if you ever worry about such unforeseen circumstances and events occurring. They have an efficient emergency hotline assistance service, while claims can be submitted online with supporting documents through Chubb’s online portal.

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Standard Plans / American Express International

$18 for the cheapest one week coverage plan in ASEAN countries.

This is definitely one of the affordable brands and their prices are often competitive with ongoing promos particularly if you’re travelling beyond Southeast Asia. Don’t you think that $27 for a week’s coverage in expensive countries like Australia and New Zealand is really quite a good deal? Now with such low prices you’d think they’d hold out on discounts but not at all, as they currently offer 20% off with the promo code TRAVEL20. That’s $18 for the cheapest one week coverage plan in ASEAN countries.

FWD Travel Insurance Business / FWD Singapore

If you plan to buy travel insurance with Citibank, be prepared to pay a premium

With Citibank, you have a choice between complimentary travel insurance with a Citi PremierMiles, Citibank Cash Back or Citibank Rewards Card or paying for a premium insurer. If you take a closer look at the coverage limits on the complimentary insurance plans, you’ll realise that the limits fall way short of industry standards for paid travel insurance. Which essentially means that you take it up on your own risk. If you plan to buy travel insurance with Citibank, you’ll have to pay a premium however as it is expensive and the coverage doesn’t quite fit what you pay for but if good emergency assistance is your top priority, then you might find Citibank travel insurance worth your money.

Citi Travel Insurance / Citibank Singapore

I cancelled my airline tickets and submitted my claim online

When I bought airline tickets much farther out in advance than I would normally do, I bought travel insurance via Allianz and also added the "required to work" rider for it just in case. I am so happy I did as due to some changes in my department I was not able to go on vacation as previously planned. I cancelled my airline tickets and submitted my claim online, including printouts showing I cancelled the tickets, along with an email from my supervisor indicating I was required to work.

Allianz Single Trip Travel Insurance / Allianz Global Assistance Singapore

Sompo’s plan dont cover trip delays and cancellation

For folks with pre-existing medical conditions like asthma or heart conditions, they can consider Sompo’s Travel Joy Deluxe plans. Sompo’s plan only covers medical evacuation however and not trip delays and cancellation as well.However, Sompo offers unlimited evacuation should make up for it. If your condition is life-threatening, unlimited evacuation is more important than being covered for a wide variety of incidents.

SOMPO TravelJoy Deluxe / Sompo Insurance Singapore