Forum
Last updated: 

SSB or money in a fixed deposit?

Would it be a better decision for me to invest my money in SSB or put my money in a fixed deposit?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Most definitely SSB. Why? Because they have higher interest rate, good liquidity, 1 month notice to withdraw funds, pro-rated interest on early withdrawal, increased interest rate the longer you hold funds. All the best!

2019.08.01 18:0

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Do you recommend OCBC or UOB for corporate bank accounts?

I established a company in Singapore this April. I'm going to open a corporate bank account right away. For the time being, we mainly pay salaries to employees and receive money from clients. My friend recommended OCBC or UOB bank, but I'm not sure which bank to choose. Which bank do you recommend?

Can I use my savings for my maintenance medicine?

Can somebody tell me which is better for me, a savings account or a current account?

I need to maintain my medicines.

Wha are the ways to reduce my expenses without compromising on my lifestyle?

The atm is not functioning well

Related Reviews

Claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while overseas

In case you were not aware, most travel insurers do not cover claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while you are overseas, but thankfully Tiq Travel Insurance does so you can go right ahead and opt for one of their Pre-Ex plans to adequately cover yourself on your travels.Some common examples of pre-existing medical conditions are Diabetes, Stroke, Asthma, Cancer and Epilepsy

Tiq Travel Insurance / Etiqa Insurance

Coverage for adventurous activities like bungee jumping, skydiving etc

You are covered for adventurous activities like bungee jumping, skydiving, paragliding, hot air ballooning, jet skiing, white water rafting, diving and general snow sports like skiing and snowboarding. There is also decent golf coverage for equipment, unused green fees, and hole-in-one (that should please all the golf lovers). However, you will only get the adventure cover and golf cover for Elite and Premier plans (too bad golf lovers).

MSIG TravelEasy Standard Pre-Ex / MSIG Insurance Singapore

Greater protection against baggage, rip delays and baggage loss

Within Asia, HL Assurance is the cheapest of the three plans for 1-week trips, but falls behind the other two for 2-week trips. HL Assurance's Enhanced Plan, like the Basic Plan, places more emphasis on travel inconvenience, with more coverage in this area than FWD and Etiqa. Comparatively speaking, FWD and Etiqa both provide more coverage for medical expenses, trip cancellation and personal accident/death. So if you want greater protection against disruptions like baggage and trip delays and baggage loss, HL Assurance's Enhanced Plan is a better choice.

HLAssurance Annual Unlimited / HL Assurance

Coverage for pregnant women in their first or second trimester

If you’re an Aviva policyholder or have a family member who is one who qualifies for the 30% discount, then don’t hesitate on going for this. Without a doubt, this is the cheapest and most purchase worth travel insurance you can buy out there. If you’re not a policyholder, it’s still a really good deal if you can get 18% discount with the promo code. Those travelling to a bit more expensive countries will want to get the second tier plan for a few dollars more. For pregnant women in their first or second trimester or just any woman who could be travelling while pregnant, Aviva travel insurance is one of the very few options that will cover your condition.

AVIVA Travel Lite / Aviva

Sompo’s plan dont cover trip delays and cancellation

For folks with pre-existing medical conditions like asthma or heart conditions, they can consider Sompo’s Travel Joy Deluxe plans. Sompo’s plan only covers medical evacuation however and not trip delays and cancellation as well.However, Sompo offers unlimited evacuation should make up for it. If your condition is life-threatening, unlimited evacuation is more important than being covered for a wide variety of incidents.

SOMPO TravelJoy Deluxe / Sompo Insurance Singapore

Enjoy insurance cover for children provided for free in case the whole family is travelling together

ERGO travel insurance plans secure and beautiful moments during your trip. Now aside from the benefits included in your policy, insured individuals can also enjoy insurance cover for children provided for free in case the whole family is travelling together, free emergency repatriation to country of residence when insured person selects a minimum of four risks to be covered in the policy and can enjoy helicopter or airplane use in case of emergencies.

ERGO TravelProtect Essential / ERGO Insurance