How to save money for a new laptop or any expensive gadgets?

Gadgets, such as laptops and smartphones, are now part of our lives. I dare say it’s essential to own them if we want convenient access to the internet and optimize our work productivity. Unfortunately gadgets are expensive. I want to know the best ways to save up for these gadgets since I am planning to buy a new work laptop.

Search other products or providers:

• user image

No Name

It would make sense to plan for your future laptop replacements as it's lifespan is only upto 5.5 years. To avoid going into debt, it’s recommended that you save for your next purchase the moment after you buy a new one. The next step after planning is to save money, invest and then finally buy a laptop.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

The atm is not functioning well

What is the best bank that will give a big interest to my savings?

How to have savings from salary.

I need to maintain my medicines.

Damaged bank card

What should I do? Someone hacked my bank account through my phone

Related Reviews

Coverage for adventurous activities like bungee jumping, skydiving etc

MSIG TravelEasy Standard Pre-Ex / MSIG Insurance Singapore

You are covered for adventurous activities like bungee jumping, skydiving, paragliding, hot air ballooning, jet skiing, white water rafting, diving and general snow sports like skiing and snowboarding. There is also decent golf coverage for equipment, unused green fees, and hole-in-one (that should please all the golf lovers). However, you will only get the adventure cover and golf cover for Elite and Premier plans (too bad golf lovers).

Pprotects you in the event your business equipment is lost or stolen.

Allianz Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance / Allianz Global Assistance Singapore

The Allianz annual plans saves frequent travellers some serious money. In fact, a couple only has to take two seven-day trips a year for an annual plan to become a better buy. And if you travel for work and are responsible for your own insurance, the Allianz AllTrips Executive Plan might be a fitting solution. It provides reasonable coverage for all categories and protects you in the event your business equipment is lost or stolen.

You can get evacuated home for free thanks to the unlimited coverage for medical evacuations

SOMPO TravelJoy Vital / Sompo Insurance Singapore

This card is a very comprehensive travel insurance plan for travel to Japan. However even when you are not travelling to Japan, Sompo has come up with a pretty good solution for those with pre-existing medical conditions, as the Sompo Travel Joy Deluxe plan is worth considering, even if you’re not travelling to Japan. Should anything happen, you can get evacuated home for free thanks to the unlimited coverage for medical evacuations. Sompo loses out however when it comes to coverage of outdoor activities.

Sompo’s plan dont cover trip delays and cancellation

SOMPO TravelJoy Deluxe / Sompo Insurance Singapore

For folks with pre-existing medical conditions like asthma or heart conditions, they can consider Sompo’s Travel Joy Deluxe plans. Sompo’s plan only covers medical evacuation however and not trip delays and cancellation as well.However, Sompo offers unlimited evacuation should make up for it. If your condition is life-threatening, unlimited evacuation is more important than being covered for a wide variety of incidents.

On-line cliams process was very easy and fast

Etiqu ePROTECT travel Basic Plan / Etiqa Insurance

I made a claim for flight delay and the on-line process was very easy and fast. The claim was actually approved within a day and the claimed amount credited into my e-wallet the following day.Your credit in the e-wallet is best cashed out using Paynow as it is very simple and convenient.

Enjoy insurance cover for children provided for free in case the whole family is travelling together

ERGO TravelProtect Essential / ERGO Insurance

ERGO travel insurance plans secure and beautiful moments during your trip. Now aside from the benefits included in your policy, insured individuals can also enjoy insurance cover for children provided for free in case the whole family is travelling together, free emergency repatriation to country of residence when insured person selects a minimum of four risks to be covered in the policy and can enjoy helicopter or airplane use in case of emergencies.