Forum
Last updated: 

How to save money for a new laptop or any expensive gadgets?

Gadgets, such as laptops and smartphones, are now part of our lives. I dare say it’s essential to own them if we want convenient access to the internet and optimize our work productivity. Unfortunately gadgets are expensive. I want to know the best ways to save up for these gadgets since I am planning to buy a new work laptop.

User comments

• user image

No Name

It would make sense to plan for your future laptop replacements as it's lifespan is only upto 5.5 years. To avoid going into debt, it’s recommended that you save for your next purchase the moment after you buy a new one. The next step after planning is to save money, invest and then finally buy a laptop.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

SSB or money in a fixed deposit?

Can I sue someone who is sabotaging my life?

The atm is not functioning well

I need to maintain my medicines.

How can saving a few dollars a day make you a millionaire?

Buying a second hand item with damage

Related Reviews

On-line cliams process was very easy and fast

I made a claim for flight delay and the on-line process was very easy and fast. The claim was actually approved within a day and the claimed amount credited into my e-wallet the following day.Your credit in the e-wallet is best cashed out using Paynow as it is very simple and convenient.

Etiqu ePROTECT travel Basic Plan / Etiqa Insurance

Compensates an insured person aged 70 years old with up to $1,500,000 for medical expenses made overseas

ERGO TravelProtect Deluxe provides cover for leisure and other sports activities like hiking, skydiving, scuba diving and hot air balloon ride. ERGO compensates an insured person aged 70 years old and below with up to $1,500,000 for medical expenses made overseas and a maximum of up to $200,000 repayments for insured person aged 70 years old and below with a $50,000 total daily hospital allowance.

ERGO TravelProtect Deluxe / ERGO Insurance

A very good international reputation for its emergency assistance

Even though you may purchase this travel insurance from American Express channels, every aspect of the after-sales support is taken care of by Chubb Insurance. Chubb has a very good international reputation for its emergency assistance, which is reassuring if you ever worry about such unforeseen circumstances and events occurring. They have an efficient emergency hotline assistance service, while claims can be submitted online with supporting documents through Chubb’s online portal.

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Standard Plans / American Express International

Enjoy insurance cover for children provided for free in case the whole family is travelling together

ERGO travel insurance plans secure and beautiful moments during your trip. Now aside from the benefits included in your policy, insured individuals can also enjoy insurance cover for children provided for free in case the whole family is travelling together, free emergency repatriation to country of residence when insured person selects a minimum of four risks to be covered in the policy and can enjoy helicopter or airplane use in case of emergencies.

ERGO TravelProtect Essential / ERGO Insurance

Comprehensive protection for your health, baggage and bank balance

ERGO TravelProtect Basic allows you to enjoy superior cover for worry-free holidays or business trips at some of the most affordable prices in the market. ERGO TravelProtect Travel Insurance provides comprehensive protection for your health, baggage and bank balance so you can focus on more important things – like sightseeing, exploring and relaxing. The price is very competitive with a good coverage for the yearly Asia plan. I personally got this plan because I travel mostly within Asia a lot.

ERGO TravelProtect Basic / ERGO Insurance

Claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while overseas

In case you were not aware, most travel insurers do not cover claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while you are overseas, but thankfully Tiq Travel Insurance does so you can go right ahead and opt for one of their Pre-Ex plans to adequately cover yourself on your travels.Some common examples of pre-existing medical conditions are Diabetes, Stroke, Asthma, Cancer and Epilepsy

Tiq Travel Insurance / Etiqa Insurance