Forum
Last updated: 

How to save money for a new laptop or any expensive gadgets?

Gadgets, such as laptops and smartphones, are now part of our lives. I dare say it’s essential to own them if we want convenient access to the internet and optimize our work productivity. Unfortunately gadgets are expensive. I want to know the best ways to save up for these gadgets since I am planning to buy a new work laptop.

Search other products or providers:

User comments

• user image

No Name

It would make sense to plan for your future laptop replacements as it's lifespan is only upto 5.5 years. To avoid going into debt, it’s recommended that you save for your next purchase the moment after you buy a new one. The next step after planning is to save money, invest and then finally buy a laptop.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Savings

SSB or money in a fixed deposit?

Savings

Can somebody tell me which is better for me, a savings account or a current account?

Savings

Can I use my savings for my maintenance medicine?

Savings

Buying a second hand item with damage

Savings

Do you recommend OCBC or UOB for corporate bank accounts?

I established a company in Singapore this April. I'm going to open a corporate bank account right away. For the time being, we mainly pay salaries to employees and receive money from clients. My friend recommended OCBC or UOB bank, but I'm not sure which bank to choose. Which bank do you recommend?

Savings

I need to maintain my medicines.

Related Reviews

Savings

Pay a fixed fee for continuous travel insurance throughout the year.

Allianz Global Assistance provides decent travel insurance options for consumers and excels in two specific types of coverage which are coverage for travellers going on longer trips and for those traveling with children. Where most companies top out around three months.That I think is an essential feature for college students studying abroad or recent grads taking extended backpacking trips. Now if you’re a frequent business traveller, Allianz also offers four different annual plans, which allow you to pay a fixed fee for continuous travel insurance throughout the year.

Allianz Family Travel Insurance / Allianz Global Assistance Singapore

Savings

$18 for the cheapest one week coverage plan in ASEAN countries.

This is definitely one of the affordable brands and their prices are often competitive with ongoing promos particularly if you’re travelling beyond Southeast Asia. Don’t you think that $27 for a week’s coverage in expensive countries like Australia and New Zealand is really quite a good deal? Now with such low prices you’d think they’d hold out on discounts but not at all, as they currently offer 20% off with the promo code TRAVEL20. That’s $18 for the cheapest one week coverage plan in ASEAN countries.

FWD Travel Insurance Business / FWD Singapore

Savings

Coverage for pregnant women in their first or second trimester

If you’re an Aviva policyholder or have a family member who is one who qualifies for the 30% discount, then don’t hesitate on going for this. Without a doubt, this is the cheapest and most purchase worth travel insurance you can buy out there. If you’re not a policyholder, it’s still a really good deal if you can get 18% discount with the promo code. Those travelling to a bit more expensive countries will want to get the second tier plan for a few dollars more. For pregnant women in their first or second trimester or just any woman who could be travelling while pregnant, Aviva travel insurance is one of the very few options that will cover your condition.

AVIVA Travel Lite / Aviva

Savings

Pay extra to add on coverage for winter sports and extreme water sports

This cards basic policy covers mainstream stuff like scuba diving and hiking, even as there are quite a lot of exceptions like mountain biking, surfing and flying fox in the package. Irrespective, you can pay extra to add on coverage for winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, sleigh rides or for extreme water sports. Extreme latter sports covers the likes of surfing, jet skiing, sailing, kayaking as well as diving as deep as 40m.

AVIVA Travel Prestige / Aviva

Savings

A golf advantage cover that provides coverage for damaged or lost golf equipment in your checked luggage

Unfortunately, Allianz has pretty strict restrictions when it comes to sports coverage as you won't be covered for sailing, hunting, playing polo, mountaineering, skiing, rock climbing, parachuting or hang gliding. You do however, have a golf advantage cover that provides coverage for damaged or lost golf equipment that is in your checked luggage. Allianz has an efficient online claim portal allows customers to submit and file their claims online easily and if you have problems uploading your claim you can call or email them for assistance. If you are claiming for medical or dental expenses, you will still have to send original copies of your supporting documents and an acknowledgement email to the address in the table below.

Allianz Travel Protect Single Trip Gold Plan - Standard Chartered / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Savings

A very good international reputation for its emergency assistance

Even though you may purchase this travel insurance from American Express channels, every aspect of the after-sales support is taken care of by Chubb Insurance. Chubb has a very good international reputation for its emergency assistance, which is reassuring if you ever worry about such unforeseen circumstances and events occurring. They have an efficient emergency hotline assistance service, while claims can be submitted online with supporting documents through Chubb’s online portal.

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Standard Plans / American Express International