Who can recommend the ideal joint account suitable for couples?

We are planning for our wedding in 2 years. We hope we can make monthly deposits into this account that might even go beyond the wedding to even our kids’ education.

Search other products or providers:

• user image

No Name

Assuming you guys earn about $3,000 per month, either one of you have a DBS / POSB Credit card, spend $1 or more every month, you can try DBS Multiplier Account. You get 1.9% p.a interest for your savings in the DBS multiplier credited "Monthly"! Thus if you deposit 600 x 12 = 7.2k , at 1.9%, you'll get about $135.05 for the first year, the 2nd and 3rd year and so on, compounded even more as you will add $600 monthly.

2019.08.01 18:0

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

How can a disabled person have a savings account?

If I was to file for bankruptcy would that mean for my bank account that is currently linked to all my billing accounts?

Do you recommend OCBC or UOB for corporate bank accounts?

I established a company in Singapore this April. I'm going to open a corporate bank account right away. For the time being, we mainly pay salaries to employees and receive money from clients. My friend recommended OCBC or UOB bank, but I'm not sure which bank to choose. Which bank do you recommend?

May I use the savings of my brother to pay a repossessed item?

Damaged bank card

May I lend my money from savings in the bank through online transaction?

Related Reviews

Sompo’s plan dont cover trip delays and cancellation

SOMPO TravelJoy Deluxe / Sompo Insurance Singapore

For folks with pre-existing medical conditions like asthma or heart conditions, they can consider Sompo’s Travel Joy Deluxe plans. Sompo’s plan only covers medical evacuation however and not trip delays and cancellation as well.However, Sompo offers unlimited evacuation should make up for it. If your condition is life-threatening, unlimited evacuation is more important than being covered for a wide variety of incidents.

AIG seems to concentrate all their resources on the upper tier plans

Travel Guard Direct Basic / AIG Asia Pacific Insurance

In all honesty, the AIG Travel Guard plans offer really poor value on their Basic plan, and only step up on the Standard plan. So if you’re looking for a cheap and good deal, you can skip AIG completely. The basic plan may be cheap but it is most definitely not good. The only reason you might want to get the low- to middle-tier AIG travel insurance is if you booked your trip via a travel agency and they have some kind of exclusive discount that’ll put it back in the competition.That said, the upper-tier travel insurance plans have surprisingly good coverage, so if you want to buy from AIG, go big or go home. AIG seems to concentrate all their resources on the upper tier plans. Plus, in terms of turnaround time, AIG is not bad – they’re willing to commit to a 10 working day turnaround time from claim to settlement. They’re not the only ones who do this, but it’s better than nothing.

Just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia,and $44 for a week's cover in Europe and US.

SOMPO TravelJoy Elite / Sompo Insurance Singapore

Even as SOMPO is not cheap generally, they still try to remain competitive promotions like the generous 40% off, which makes the basic Sompo Travel Joy Vital plans affordable with just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia, and about $44 for a week in Europe and US. However, even with 40% off, be prepared to pay a premium for their GO Japan! Plan. It’ll still set you back close to $53 for a week’s coverage.

Greater protection against baggage, rip delays and baggage loss

HLAssurance Annual Unlimited / HL Assurance

Within Asia, HL Assurance is the cheapest of the three plans for 1-week trips, but falls behind the other two for 2-week trips. HL Assurance's Enhanced Plan, like the Basic Plan, places more emphasis on travel inconvenience, with more coverage in this area than FWD and Etiqa. Comparatively speaking, FWD and Etiqa both provide more coverage for medical expenses, trip cancellation and personal accident/death. So if you want greater protection against disruptions like baggage and trip delays and baggage loss, HL Assurance's Enhanced Plan is a better choice.

Coverage for pregnant women in their first or second trimester

AVIVA Travel Lite / Aviva

If you’re an Aviva policyholder or have a family member who is one who qualifies for the 30% discount, then don’t hesitate on going for this. Without a doubt, this is the cheapest and most purchase worth travel insurance you can buy out there. If you’re not a policyholder, it’s still a really good deal if you can get 18% discount with the promo code. Those travelling to a bit more expensive countries will want to get the second tier plan for a few dollars more. For pregnant women in their first or second trimester or just any woman who could be travelling while pregnant, Aviva travel insurance is one of the very few options that will cover your condition.

No esponse to email claims and poor customer care service

HLAssurance Single Trip / HL Assurance

Don’t bother to buy insurance from them no matter how cheap they offer it as they do not response to email claims and when one calls them for an update, one is told that it takes two months to REVIEW a claim. Well in my case one month had passed and they wrote back to me asking to prove that I travel outbound and other documents. Now my question is why they did not asked for such documents within a week of my claim submission? Please avoid this company!