Forum
Last updated: 

Who can recommend the ideal joint account suitable for couples?

We are planning for our wedding in 2 years. We hope we can make monthly deposits into this account that might even go beyond the wedding to even our kids’ education.

Search other products or providers:

User comments

• user image

No Name

Assuming you guys earn about $3,000 per month, either one of you have a DBS / POSB Credit card, spend $1 or more every month, you can try DBS Multiplier Account. You get 1.9% p.a interest for your savings in the DBS multiplier credited "Monthly"! Thus if you deposit 600 x 12 = 7.2k , at 1.9%, you'll get about $135.05 for the first year, the 2nd and 3rd year and so on, compounded even more as you will add $600 monthly.

2019.08.01 18:0

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Savings

How do I transfer $100,000 from Canada to Singapore?

Savings

Can I use a debit card to book bus?

Savings

May I use the savings of my brother to pay a repossessed item?

Savings

Can I sue someone who is sabotaging my life?

Savings

Do you recommend OCBC or UOB for corporate bank accounts?

I established a company in Singapore this April. I'm going to open a corporate bank account right away. For the time being, we mainly pay salaries to employees and receive money from clients. My friend recommended OCBC or UOB bank, but I'm not sure which bank to choose. Which bank do you recommend?

Savings

The atm is not functioning well

Related Reviews

Savings

Insurance policy covers outdoor activities and even extreme sports.

I don’t usually make reviews or comments about products but one simple thing that impressed me about the Amex Express VoyageGuard was that there was absolutely nothing at all in the Amex travel insurance policy wording to exclude outdoor activities or even extreme sports. That is very unlike other competitors we exclude such, I commend this card for being adventurous.

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Superior Plans / American Express International

Savings

if you’re into extreme sports, this might be the best travel insurance in Singapore for you

The fact that Amex is super lenient and covers almost every death-defying experience you can think of makes this card the more impressive.So if you’re that extreme, this might be the best travel insurance in Singapore for you. On the other hand however, if there isn’t a deep discount, then Amex travel insurance is pricier than average and won’t offer that much monies worth.

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Essential Plans / American Express International

Savings

AIG seems to concentrate all their resources on the upper tier plans

In all honesty, the AIG Travel Guard plans offer really poor value on their Basic plan, and only step up on the Standard plan. So if you’re looking for a cheap and good deal, you can skip AIG completely. The basic plan may be cheap but it is most definitely not good. The only reason you might want to get the low- to middle-tier AIG travel insurance is if you booked your trip via a travel agency and they have some kind of exclusive discount that’ll put it back in the competition.That said, the upper-tier travel insurance plans have surprisingly good coverage, so if you want to buy from AIG, go big or go home. AIG seems to concentrate all their resources on the upper tier plans. Plus, in terms of turnaround time, AIG is not bad – they’re willing to commit to a 10 working day turnaround time from claim to settlement. They’re not the only ones who do this, but it’s better than nothing.

Travel Guard Direct Basic / AIG Asia Pacific Insurance

Savings

If you plan to buy travel insurance with Citibank, be prepared to pay a premium

With Citibank, you have a choice between complimentary travel insurance with a Citi PremierMiles, Citibank Cash Back or Citibank Rewards Card or paying for a premium insurer. If you take a closer look at the coverage limits on the complimentary insurance plans, you’ll realise that the limits fall way short of industry standards for paid travel insurance. Which essentially means that you take it up on your own risk. If you plan to buy travel insurance with Citibank, you’ll have to pay a premium however as it is expensive and the coverage doesn’t quite fit what you pay for but if good emergency assistance is your top priority, then you might find Citibank travel insurance worth your money.

Citi Travel Insurance / Citibank Singapore

Savings

Sompo’s plan dont cover trip delays and cancellation

For folks with pre-existing medical conditions like asthma or heart conditions, they can consider Sompo’s Travel Joy Deluxe plans. Sompo’s plan only covers medical evacuation however and not trip delays and cancellation as well.However, Sompo offers unlimited evacuation should make up for it. If your condition is life-threatening, unlimited evacuation is more important than being covered for a wide variety of incidents.

SOMPO TravelJoy Deluxe / Sompo Insurance Singapore

Savings

Get $300 limit on delays, $300 for missed connections and another $500 for diversions

The FWD policy wording doesn’t mention any sporting exclusions, with the exception of competitive sports and hiking/trekking above 3,000m. Considering that most outdoor activities are covered, their lowest tier plan (Premium) is very good value for money. For the basic plan, FWD Premium has quite a high trip cancellation claim limit of $7,500 which applies for haze-related cancellation or infectious diseases like Zika and dengue too. Where FWD loses out is in the below-average travel inconvenience benefits. For example, for travel delays, you get $300 limit on delays, another $300 for missed connections and another $500 for “diversions”. It is very hard to claim the full benefit.

FWD Travel Insurance First / FWD Singapore