Forum
Last updated: 

Who can recommend the ideal joint account suitable for couples?

We are planning for our wedding in 2 years. We hope we can make monthly deposits into this account that might even go beyond the wedding to even our kids’ education.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Assuming you guys earn about $3,000 per month, either one of you have a DBS / POSB Credit card, spend $1 or more every month, you can try DBS Multiplier Account. You get 1.9% p.a interest for your savings in the DBS multiplier credited "Monthly"! Thus if you deposit 600 x 12 = 7.2k , at 1.9%, you'll get about $135.05 for the first year, the 2nd and 3rd year and so on, compounded even more as you will add $600 monthly.

2019.08.01 18:0

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can I save a lot of money?

Damaged bank card

If I was to file for bankruptcy would that mean for my bank account that is currently linked to all my billing accounts?

Can I use a debit card to book bus?

Buying a second hand item with damage

How to save money for a new laptop or any expensive gadgets?

Related Reviews

AIG seems to concentrate all their resources on the upper tier plans

In all honesty, the AIG Travel Guard plans offer really poor value on their Basic plan, and only step up on the Standard plan. So if you’re looking for a cheap and good deal, you can skip AIG completely. The basic plan may be cheap but it is most definitely not good. The only reason you might want to get the low- to middle-tier AIG travel insurance is if you booked your trip via a travel agency and they have some kind of exclusive discount that’ll put it back in the competition.That said, the upper-tier travel insurance plans have surprisingly good coverage, so if you want to buy from AIG, go big or go home. AIG seems to concentrate all their resources on the upper tier plans. Plus, in terms of turnaround time, AIG is not bad – they’re willing to commit to a 10 working day turnaround time from claim to settlement. They’re not the only ones who do this, but it’s better than nothing.

Travel Guard Direct Basic / AIG Asia Pacific Insurance

You can get evacuated home for free thanks to the unlimited coverage for medical evacuations

This card is a very comprehensive travel insurance plan for travel to Japan. However even when you are not travelling to Japan, Sompo has come up with a pretty good solution for those with pre-existing medical conditions, as the Sompo Travel Joy Deluxe plan is worth considering, even if you’re not travelling to Japan. Should anything happen, you can get evacuated home for free thanks to the unlimited coverage for medical evacuations. Sompo loses out however when it comes to coverage of outdoor activities.

SOMPO TravelJoy Vital / Sompo Insurance Singapore

On-line cliams process was very easy and fast

I made a claim for flight delay and the on-line process was very easy and fast. The claim was actually approved within a day and the claimed amount credited into my e-wallet the following day.Your credit in the e-wallet is best cashed out using Paynow as it is very simple and convenient.

Etiqu ePROTECT travel Basic Plan / Etiqa Insurance

Overseas study insurance has never been easier with the ability to buy online and receive your e-policy instantly

Getting overseas study insurance has never been easier with the ability to buy online and receive your e-policy instantly. The MSIG Global Study emergency hotline ensures that there is always someone to connect you to medical care and evacuation, no matter which time zone you are in. So therefore you save time by submitting your overseas study insurance claim online and they will keep the process as simple as possible to bring your claim to a fair settlement.

MSIG Global Study / MSIG Insurance Singapore

Sompo’s plan dont cover trip delays and cancellation

For folks with pre-existing medical conditions like asthma or heart conditions, they can consider Sompo’s Travel Joy Deluxe plans. Sompo’s plan only covers medical evacuation however and not trip delays and cancellation as well.However, Sompo offers unlimited evacuation should make up for it. If your condition is life-threatening, unlimited evacuation is more important than being covered for a wide variety of incidents.

SOMPO TravelJoy Deluxe / Sompo Insurance Singapore

The level of support and clarity MSIG provides is very reassuring and thoughtful

If you pause to consider its cheapest Standard plan, MSIG travel insurance is actually very affordable after the generous promotional discounts. The level of support and clarity MSIG provides is also reassuring and very thoughtful while there terms & conditions are clearly stated on the site and not hidden away in some remote PDF, and the claims process appears to be pleasant. However, the only cons is that MSIG has made the Standard plan very limited in comparison to the Elite and Premier Plans. Once you compare their coverage, you will definitely feel tempted to upgrade.

MSIG TravelEasy Standard / MSIG Insurance Singapore