Forum
Last updated: 

How do I transfer $100,000 from Canada to Singapore?

What would be the most efficient way to transfer over $100,000 Canada to Singapore? Considering good exchange and ability to transfer in large amounts.

User comments

• user image

No Name

You should work with your bank, tell them what you want to do and arm yourself with knowledge of current exchange rate. You will probably give you a quote that will be inclusive of all charges. You are free to negotiate with your bank to get favourable terms and price and from there your bank will debit the equivalent amount from your bank account with them. Not all banks have the same cost so feel free to shop around before you make a choice.

2019.08.01 18:0

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Buying a second hand item with damage

I need to maintain my medicines.

Who can recommend the ideal joint account suitable for couples?

Wha are the ways to reduce my expenses without compromising on my lifestyle?

What account is perfect for saving children fees aside from my regular savings account?

Can I save a lot of money?

Related Reviews

Comprehensive protection for your health, baggage and bank balance

ERGO TravelProtect Basic allows you to enjoy superior cover for worry-free holidays or business trips at some of the most affordable prices in the market. ERGO TravelProtect Travel Insurance provides comprehensive protection for your health, baggage and bank balance so you can focus on more important things – like sightseeing, exploring and relaxing. The price is very competitive with a good coverage for the yearly Asia plan. I personally got this plan because I travel mostly within Asia a lot.

ERGO TravelProtect Basic / ERGO Insurance

If you plan to buy travel insurance with Citibank, be prepared to pay a premium

With Citibank, you have a choice between complimentary travel insurance with a Citi PremierMiles, Citibank Cash Back or Citibank Rewards Card or paying for a premium insurer. If you take a closer look at the coverage limits on the complimentary insurance plans, you’ll realise that the limits fall way short of industry standards for paid travel insurance. Which essentially means that you take it up on your own risk. If you plan to buy travel insurance with Citibank, you’ll have to pay a premium however as it is expensive and the coverage doesn’t quite fit what you pay for but if good emergency assistance is your top priority, then you might find Citibank travel insurance worth your money.

Citi Travel Insurance / Citibank Singapore

Greater protection against baggage, rip delays and baggage loss

Within Asia, HL Assurance is the cheapest of the three plans for 1-week trips, but falls behind the other two for 2-week trips. HL Assurance's Enhanced Plan, like the Basic Plan, places more emphasis on travel inconvenience, with more coverage in this area than FWD and Etiqa. Comparatively speaking, FWD and Etiqa both provide more coverage for medical expenses, trip cancellation and personal accident/death. So if you want greater protection against disruptions like baggage and trip delays and baggage loss, HL Assurance's Enhanced Plan is a better choice.

HLAssurance Annual Unlimited / HL Assurance

Claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while overseas

In case you were not aware, most travel insurers do not cover claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while you are overseas, but thankfully Tiq Travel Insurance does so you can go right ahead and opt for one of their Pre-Ex plans to adequately cover yourself on your travels.Some common examples of pre-existing medical conditions are Diabetes, Stroke, Asthma, Cancer and Epilepsy

Tiq Travel Insurance / Etiqa Insurance

Generally FWD offers decent coverage for a safe travel destination

I must say that the FWD Travel Insurance Premium is very easy to apply and also avails competitive rates as well. Generally FWD offers decent coverage for a safe travel destination however if you’re going somewhere with a higher risk involved like a ski trip for instance, you might want to consider specialized plans. But generally, the application process and ease of getting a quote upfront is great with competitive prices too.

FWD Travel Insurance Premium / FWD Singapore

Just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia,and $44 for a week's cover in Europe and US.

Even as SOMPO is not cheap generally, they still try to remain competitive promotions like the generous 40% off, which makes the basic Sompo Travel Joy Vital plans affordable with just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia, and about $44 for a week in Europe and US. However, even with 40% off, be prepared to pay a premium for their GO Japan! Plan. It’ll still set you back close to $53 for a week’s coverage.

SOMPO TravelJoy Elite / Sompo Insurance Singapore