Forum
Last updated: 

How do I transfer $100,000 from Canada to Singapore?

What would be the most efficient way to transfer over $100,000 Canada to Singapore? Considering good exchange and ability to transfer in large amounts.

User comments

• user image

No Name

You should work with your bank, tell them what you want to do and arm yourself with knowledge of current exchange rate. You will probably give you a quote that will be inclusive of all charges. You are free to negotiate with your bank to get favourable terms and price and from there your bank will debit the equivalent amount from your bank account with them. Not all banks have the same cost so feel free to shop around before you make a choice.

2019.08.01 18:0

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

If I was to file for bankruptcy would that mean for my bank account that is currently linked to all my billing accounts?

What account is perfect for saving children fees aside from my regular savings account?

Can somebody tell me which is better for me, a savings account or a current account?

Can I sue someone who is sabotaging my life?

The atm is not functioning well

What is the best bank that will give a big interest to my savings?

Related Reviews

Insurance policy covers outdoor activities and even extreme sports.

I don’t usually make reviews or comments about products but one simple thing that impressed me about the Amex Express VoyageGuard was that there was absolutely nothing at all in the Amex travel insurance policy wording to exclude outdoor activities or even extreme sports. That is very unlike other competitors we exclude such, I commend this card for being adventurous.

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Superior Plans / American Express International

I appreciate them for adding the new category for pet boarding

Their coverage for overseas medical expenses, personal accident, travel delay and baggage delay are now slightly above average, which is awesome. Furthermore, as a pet owner I greatly appreciate them adding in the new category for pet boarding. In general, the Tokio Marine’s coverage is really quite comprehensive and they even cover most tourist adventure sports done at a leisure level. This includes bungee jumping and skydiving, which some other insurers don’t cover.

Tokio Marine TM Xplora Premier / Tokio Marine Insurance Singapore

Get $300 limit on delays, $300 for missed connections and another $500 for diversions

The FWD policy wording doesn’t mention any sporting exclusions, with the exception of competitive sports and hiking/trekking above 3,000m. Considering that most outdoor activities are covered, their lowest tier plan (Premium) is very good value for money. For the basic plan, FWD Premium has quite a high trip cancellation claim limit of $7,500 which applies for haze-related cancellation or infectious diseases like Zika and dengue too. Where FWD loses out is in the below-average travel inconvenience benefits. For example, for travel delays, you get $300 limit on delays, another $300 for missed connections and another $500 for “diversions”. It is very hard to claim the full benefit.

FWD Travel Insurance First / FWD Singapore

Coverage for adventurous activities like bungee jumping, skydiving etc

You are covered for adventurous activities like bungee jumping, skydiving, paragliding, hot air ballooning, jet skiing, white water rafting, diving and general snow sports like skiing and snowboarding. There is also decent golf coverage for equipment, unused green fees, and hole-in-one (that should please all the golf lovers). However, you will only get the adventure cover and golf cover for Elite and Premier plans (too bad golf lovers).

MSIG TravelEasy Standard Pre-Ex / MSIG Insurance Singapore

Compensates an insured person aged 70 years old with up to $1,500,000 for medical expenses made overseas

ERGO TravelProtect Deluxe provides cover for leisure and other sports activities like hiking, skydiving, scuba diving and hot air balloon ride. ERGO compensates an insured person aged 70 years old and below with up to $1,500,000 for medical expenses made overseas and a maximum of up to $200,000 repayments for insured person aged 70 years old and below with a $50,000 total daily hospital allowance.

ERGO TravelProtect Deluxe / ERGO Insurance

Generally FWD offers decent coverage for a safe travel destination

I must say that the FWD Travel Insurance Premium is very easy to apply and also avails competitive rates as well. Generally FWD offers decent coverage for a safe travel destination however if you’re going somewhere with a higher risk involved like a ski trip for instance, you might want to consider specialized plans. But generally, the application process and ease of getting a quote upfront is great with competitive prices too.

FWD Travel Insurance Premium / FWD Singapore