Forum
Last updated: 

How do I transfer $100,000 from Canada to Singapore?

What would be the most efficient way to transfer over $100,000 Canada to Singapore? Considering good exchange and ability to transfer in large amounts.

User comments

• user image

No Name

You should work with your bank, tell them what you want to do and arm yourself with knowledge of current exchange rate. You will probably give you a quote that will be inclusive of all charges. You are free to negotiate with your bank to get favourable terms and price and from there your bank will debit the equivalent amount from your bank account with them. Not all banks have the same cost so feel free to shop around before you make a choice.

2019.08.01 18:0

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can I sue someone who is sabotaging my life?

How to save money for a new laptop or any expensive gadgets?

My ATM card isn't working. So in this case, what should I do?

Can I use my savings for my maintenance medicine?

SSB or money in a fixed deposit?

Can somebody tell me which is better for me, a savings account or a current account?

Related Reviews

if you’re into extreme sports, this might be the best travel insurance in Singapore for you

The fact that Amex is super lenient and covers almost every death-defying experience you can think of makes this card the more impressive.So if you’re that extreme, this might be the best travel insurance in Singapore for you. On the other hand however, if there isn’t a deep discount, then Amex travel insurance is pricier than average and won’t offer that much monies worth.

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Essential Plans / American Express International

Coverage for pregnant women in their first or second trimester

If you’re an Aviva policyholder or have a family member who is one who qualifies for the 30% discount, then don’t hesitate on going for this. Without a doubt, this is the cheapest and most purchase worth travel insurance you can buy out there. If you’re not a policyholder, it’s still a really good deal if you can get 18% discount with the promo code. Those travelling to a bit more expensive countries will want to get the second tier plan for a few dollars more. For pregnant women in their first or second trimester or just any woman who could be travelling while pregnant, Aviva travel insurance is one of the very few options that will cover your condition.

AVIVA Travel Lite / Aviva

You can get evacuated home for free thanks to the unlimited coverage for medical evacuations

This card is a very comprehensive travel insurance plan for travel to Japan. However even when you are not travelling to Japan, Sompo has come up with a pretty good solution for those with pre-existing medical conditions, as the Sompo Travel Joy Deluxe plan is worth considering, even if you’re not travelling to Japan. Should anything happen, you can get evacuated home for free thanks to the unlimited coverage for medical evacuations. Sompo loses out however when it comes to coverage of outdoor activities.

SOMPO TravelJoy Vital / Sompo Insurance Singapore

A very good international reputation for its emergency assistance

Even though you may purchase this travel insurance from American Express channels, every aspect of the after-sales support is taken care of by Chubb Insurance. Chubb has a very good international reputation for its emergency assistance, which is reassuring if you ever worry about such unforeseen circumstances and events occurring. They have an efficient emergency hotline assistance service, while claims can be submitted online with supporting documents through Chubb’s online portal.

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Standard Plans / American Express International

Get $300 limit on delays, $300 for missed connections and another $500 for diversions

The FWD policy wording doesn’t mention any sporting exclusions, with the exception of competitive sports and hiking/trekking above 3,000m. Considering that most outdoor activities are covered, their lowest tier plan (Premium) is very good value for money. For the basic plan, FWD Premium has quite a high trip cancellation claim limit of $7,500 which applies for haze-related cancellation or infectious diseases like Zika and dengue too. Where FWD loses out is in the below-average travel inconvenience benefits. For example, for travel delays, you get $300 limit on delays, another $300 for missed connections and another $500 for “diversions”. It is very hard to claim the full benefit.

FWD Travel Insurance First / FWD Singapore

Enjoy insurance cover for children provided for free in case the whole family is travelling together

ERGO travel insurance plans secure and beautiful moments during your trip. Now aside from the benefits included in your policy, insured individuals can also enjoy insurance cover for children provided for free in case the whole family is travelling together, free emergency repatriation to country of residence when insured person selects a minimum of four risks to be covered in the policy and can enjoy helicopter or airplane use in case of emergencies.

ERGO TravelProtect Essential / ERGO Insurance