Forum
Last updated: 

will i still pay taxes when my company went bankrupt?

A lot of entrepreneurs are building their own printing company and one of those entrepreneurs include me. But of course, there are some things that are inevitable. I have been scammed and I invested to this company. It turns out that they are those scammers that always get away because of their good defense and highest quality lawyers. I have no choice but to close my company because it went bankcrupt. And that is why I'm wondering if I'm still going to pay my taxes.

User comments

• user image

No Name

A debtor can voluntarily file for bankruptcy in Singapore if they owe and cannot repay debts of at least S$15,000. If the debtor is declared bankrupt, their assets will be sold and the proceeds put into a bankruptcy estate. This excludes any assets that are protected from bankruptcy, such as HDB flats.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

How does wage garnishment work?

Do people who are handicapped excempted to tax?

When I loan from someone are they suppose to add taxes?

What law do taxpayers violate when they ask for more?

Middleman to contact all the person in debt

Is the taxes that have been added to me is legal?

Related Reviews

This new app offers a comprehensive slew of FX solutions for just about any FX need you may have

Monitoring exchange rates before a big trip is a hassle, as is queuing up at the money changer with a big stack of cash in your pocket.For most of us who end up doing a lot of things at the last minute when it comes to travelling, changing money is often a case of just showing up at the airport and being subject to whatever the rates are at that point in time. This is where the HSBC QuickFX app helps greatly. This nifty new app offers a comprehensive slew of FX solutions for just about any FX need you may have. Converting your money can be done seamlessly and on the go using the app, even when you’re in the taxi rushing to the airport

HSBC QuickFX / HSBC Bank Singapore

Offers trading of currencies, indices, stocks, futures, options and commodities

KGI Futures is a Forex Broker offering Forex Trading services via MetaTrader 4, MT4 Mobile, MaxxTrader, CQG, TT and KGI Futures trading platforms. Regarding orders execution model, KGI Futuresis an A-book broker. KGI Futures offers trading of currencies, indices, stocks, futures, options and commodities. KGI Futures is unregulated and that perhaps may be the only dark grey area.

KGI Forex / KGI Securities Singapore

Saxo Bank offers trading of currencies, indices, equities, options, futures, ETFs, bonds, CFDs and commodities

Saxo Bank is a Forex Broker offering Forex Trading services via SaxoTrader Desktop, Mobile and Web trading platforms. Regarding orders execution model, Saxo Bank is a b-book broker (a market maker). Saxo Bank offers trading of currencies, indices, equities, options, futures, ETFs, bonds, CFDs and commodities. Saxo Bank is regulated by the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority. I have been using it for overseas equity and the fees are fair enough as per transaction was $4 for most of my trades. Nice mobile app, trades are executed faster, with a nice interface.

Saxo Markets Forex / Saxo Capital Markets

Forex Trading services via MetaTrader 4, MT4 Mobile, Oanda Desktop and Web trading platforms

OANDA is a Forex Broker offering Forex Trading services via MetaTrader 4, MT4 Mobile,Oanda Desktop and Web trading platforms. Regarding orders execution model, OANDA is a b-book broker that is a market maker. OANDA offers trading of currencies, indices, bonds, CFDs and commodities. OANDA is regulated by the CFTC (USA), the FCA (UK), the Monetary Authority of Singapore and the ASIC (Australia). This information should help to put your mind to rest knowing they are regulated.

OANDA Forex / OANDA Asia Pacific

The commission is a minimum $1

I signed up for a pre-funded account last year, commission rate were very low. But if I can share a little hack as it were, indicate an amount higher than $100 for MIP because if you do so your commission rate would be more than 1%.For example, if you indicate $100 for a stock priced at $25, they would purchase 3 units for you as they take into consideration their fees in that $100. The commission is a minimum $1, thus your commission rate is approx. 1.33% instead of 1%

Maybank Forex / Maybank Kim Eng Securities

Offers better trading conditions for retail clients

iOCBCfx is a properly regulated Singaporean forex broker. Despite having a somewhat limited forex portfolio, when compared to other local forex brokers, it still offers better trading conditions for retail clients; lower deposit, higher leverage, even though much lower than that of larger international brokers, and tighter spreads. In some respect they are comparable to those of the global players present in Singapore and can turn out to be very helpful for those who wish to do business with a local broker.

iOCBC FX Platform / OCBC Securities