Forum
Last updated: 

What are some strategies to navigate Singapore's stock market?

I have been thinking about investing for the longest time but haven’t had the courage to take the first step and I don't know how to get started. A lot of people tell me that Investing is one of the most effective ways of beating inflation. I want to beat inflation and reach my financial goals which is why I want to know which strategies I should use to navigate the market.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Dollar cost averaging is one of the simplest investing strategies for new beginners to start with.The concept behind dollar cost averaging is for you to continue building your exposure to the stock market over a sustained period of time.The most common excuse for not investing in the stock market is that you are too busy and you don’t have the time to constantly monitor individual stock counter prices.Value investing is one of the oldest yet most popular investing strategies in the market. The concept behind value investing is to find companies that are currently undervalued by the market.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

What are Stocks?

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

Related Reviews

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation