Forum
Last updated: 

Is the Maybank FC Barcelona Visa Signature Card as good as the football team it is in partnership with?

These day it seems more football clubs are going into partnership with financial houses, similar to the Maybank FC Barcelona Visa Signature Card. My son loves Messi and Barcelona FC but is just 9 years old and does not know much about cards but I am thinking to get the card mostly because he is a fan however, who can share some positives and maybe negatives about this card?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Well I can’t say about directly comparing with the football team but I can share some positives about the card. The card offers 1.6% unlimited cash rebate (No minimum spend and no cashback cap) on all local spend with a 2X TREATS Points offered with every dollar spent on foreign currency transactions. And who know, you can even win a Win a trip for 2 for you and your son to watch FC Barcelona live every football season. You also get a Fast and convenient mobile payment via Samsung Pay to enjoy even further a 10% Discount on the FC Barcelona Official Online Store Asia Pacific and a 5% Discount at the FCBotiga official store in Camp Nou.

2019.08.01 4:29

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

What documents does a foreigner need to get the Maybank FC Barcelona Visa Signature Card? really a partnership with the famous football club and what else is special about it?

Maybank FC Barcelona VISA Signature Card

I am a foreigner, can I apply for the Maybank Credit Cards and CreditAble feature for my Maybank FC Barcelona Visa Signature Card?

Maybank FC Barcelona VISA Signature Card

Related Forums

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

Related Reviews

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation