Is my new Maybank Platinum Debit Card pre-activated for MasterCard signature-based, contactless and online transactions?

Who here uses the Maybank Platinum Debit Cards, I am trying to confirm if all new Maybank Platinum Debit Cards are pre-activated for MasterCard signature-based transactions as well as with contactless and online transactions?

• user image

No Name

Maybank Platinum Debit Cards issued at Maybank Branches are pre-activated for signature-based, contactless and online transactions, which means that you may start using your Card for retail purchases immediately upon activation. Now for non-branch issued Maybank Platinum Debit Card cases, you should endeavour to activate your Card by following the instructions on your card mailer in order to use your card for retail purchases. I hope that will help to shine light on your question.

2019.08.01 5:4

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

What are the characteristics of a bond?

Related Reviews

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.