Forum
Last updated: 

What rewards come along with the American Express platinum credit cards Membership Rewards Programme?

What rewards come along with the American Express platinum credit cards Membership Rewards Programme?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Basically with the American Express Platinum Credit Card membership rewards programme, you are essentially giving back to yourself when you spend to earn a total of 2 Membership Rewards points for every full S$1.60 spent. Your spending goes even further with the Platinum EXTRA Partners like IWC and The Hour Glass, where every full S$1.60 spent gives you up to 10 Membership Rewards points equivalent to 5.5 miles. Plus your points never expire, which means you can take all the time you need to collect, redeem, and enjoy them. The Membership Rewards Catalogue comes with over 200 rewards in the Membership Rewards Catalogue to choose from. You also get to enjoy permanent waiver of the miles transfer fee (worth S$40) with the American Express Platinum Credit Card. With this, redeem your points for Frequent Flyer Miles from Airline Partners like Asia Miles, British Airways Executive Club, Emirates Skywards, Singapore KrisFlyer and more.

2019.08.01 5:32

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

Complimentary hotel stays and invitation to pre-launch events

I have been an AMEX platinum card holder for a while now and I sometimes receive complimentary hotel stay, invitation to pre-launch events as well as a complimentary AMEX reserve card, however you will need to apply for it separately but is complimentary. Furthermore, on top of the usual benefits that comes with the AMEX platinum card, you get the additional benefits offered by AMEX Reserve card.

Benefits with this card can be enjoyed by me, my friends and family too

The annual fee is too hefty I think and there is no doubt about it. However the benefits with this card are not only enjoyed by myself, but by my friends and family too. The most valuable treat I enjoy the most is the unlimited lounge access for me and my two supplementary card holders inclusive of their guests.

A lot of restaurants offer great deals on Amex.

Even as not all merchants accept the Amex card, whenever I have the chance to use the Amex I go right ahead and take up the opportunity. The rewards are worth the spending however with a great lounge at the airport and great vouchers that they mail me regularly on hotels and business class tickets. Additionally, lots of restaurants offer great deals too on Amex.

I recommend this card for its complimentary access into Tower Club

I recommend this card for its complimentary access into Tower Club as users of the platinum Card are given access to this elite, members-only Tower Club Singapore. This Club is situated in a serene and breath-taking location and affords members privileges such as the use of all the dining and conference facilities, as well as invitations to all club events and activities.

Recommending Forums

Is it a smart move to upgrade a current Amex Platinum Credit Card to Amex Platinum Charge Card?

American Express Platinum Credit Card

Is it a wise move to go for the Amex Platinum Credit Card over an Amex Cash back card considering the high annual fee?

American Express Platinum Credit Card

Related Forums

What are the different types of stock?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Close to 6.5% rebates on dining

I have held this card for quite a long time and one thing I like about the card is the fact that it is used for CapitaLand malls and they are almost everywhere. So I enjoy dining taking advantage of the 10x rewards merchants to accumulate the points faster. Imagine getting close to 6.5% rebates on dining. Not to forget their sign up bonus of $60 rebates in vouchers when you spend $1,500. That's a 4% rebate excluding the points you will earn which will convert into vouchers too.

American Express CapitaCard / American Express International

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International