Forum
Last updated: 

What rewards come along with the American Express platinum credit cards Membership Rewards Programme?

What rewards come along with the American Express platinum credit cards Membership Rewards Programme?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Basically with the American Express Platinum Credit Card membership rewards programme, you are essentially giving back to yourself when you spend to earn a total of 2 Membership Rewards points for every full S$1.60 spent. Your spending goes even further with the Platinum EXTRA Partners like IWC and The Hour Glass, where every full S$1.60 spent gives you up to 10 Membership Rewards points equivalent to 5.5 miles. Plus your points never expire, which means you can take all the time you need to collect, redeem, and enjoy them. The Membership Rewards Catalogue comes with over 200 rewards in the Membership Rewards Catalogue to choose from. You also get to enjoy permanent waiver of the miles transfer fee (worth S$40) with the American Express Platinum Credit Card. With this, redeem your points for Frequent Flyer Miles from Airline Partners like Asia Miles, British Airways Executive Club, Emirates Skywards, Singapore KrisFlyer and more.

2019.08.01 5:32

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

Complimentary hotel stays and invitation to pre-launch events

I have been an AMEX platinum card holder for a while now and I sometimes receive complimentary hotel stay, invitation to pre-launch events as well as a complimentary AMEX reserve card, however you will need to apply for it separately but is complimentary. Furthermore, on top of the usual benefits that comes with the AMEX platinum card, you get the additional benefits offered by AMEX Reserve card.

Benefits with this card can be enjoyed by me, my friends and family too

The annual fee is too hefty I think and there is no doubt about it. However the benefits with this card are not only enjoyed by myself, but by my friends and family too. The most valuable treat I enjoy the most is the unlimited lounge access for me and my two supplementary card holders inclusive of their guests.

A lot of restaurants offer great deals on Amex.

Even as not all merchants accept the Amex card, whenever I have the chance to use the Amex I go right ahead and take up the opportunity. The rewards are worth the spending however with a great lounge at the airport and great vouchers that they mail me regularly on hotels and business class tickets. Additionally, lots of restaurants offer great deals too on Amex.

I recommend this card for its complimentary access into Tower Club

I recommend this card for its complimentary access into Tower Club as users of the platinum Card are given access to this elite, members-only Tower Club Singapore. This Club is situated in a serene and breath-taking location and affords members privileges such as the use of all the dining and conference facilities, as well as invitations to all club events and activities.

Recommending Forums

Is it a smart move to upgrade a current Amex Platinum Credit Card to Amex Platinum Charge Card?

American Express Platinum Credit Card

Is it a wise move to go for the Amex Platinum Credit Card over an Amex Cash back card considering the high annual fee?

American Express Platinum Credit Card

Related Forums

What are bond and how do they work?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

Related Reviews

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International