I would like to know what the annual fee for the American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card and how I stand to earn from my spend transactions?

If I am correct, I believe the American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card promotes a welcome bonus of up to 30,800 KrisFlyer miles when one spends in the first 3 months.

• user image

No Name

Yes it is accurate that they offer a welcome bonus of up to 30,800 KrisFlyer miles when you spend in your first 3 months. Interestingly the annual fee of S$551.05 (inclusive of GST) is waived for the first year while the annual Supplementary Card Fee of S$80.25 (inclusive of GST) is also waived for the first year. As for earnings, you get to earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on all your eligible purchases with your Card, 1.4 KrisFlyer miles (local spend) and 2 KrisFlyer miles (for overseas spend) for every S$1 spent above S$3,800 per month and 3.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on Grab Singapore transactions, up to S$200 spend in each calendar month.

2019.08.01 5:38

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

Earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 you spend on all purchases in Singapore

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

This card allows for users to earn KrisFlyer miles faster with 2 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 spent on singaporeair.com, silkair.com, KrisShop and at SilkAir SkyShop, both in-flight and online. I like that a lot as I am a frequent flyer. Additionally, you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 you spend on all purchases in Singapore and 1.4 KrisFlyer miles per $1 after you spend over $3,800 in a month.

No conversion fee and miles goes directly goes into your KrisFlyer account

This card has no conversion fee and every KrisFlyer mile you earn by using this card goes directly goes into your KrisFlyer account. There's no need to pay conversion fees or book your flights weeks in advance as all American Express and Singapore Airlines co-branded cards let you earn KrisFlyer miles automatically. Other miles credit cards like Citi PremierMiles Visa Card and UOB PRVI Miles Visa Card let you earn points which then have to be converted to Krisflyer miles plus you still need to pay a conversion fee.

Low point with this card is that it’s only for Singapore Airlines PPS Club members

The low point with this card is that it’s only for Singapore Airlines PPS Club members. Basically you will have to be a member of the Singapore Airlines PPS Club, and joining the club isn't as easy as you may assume. Essentially, you will have to make $25,000 net worth of travel bookings for suites, first class or business class on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir, within the space of one year.

This card will only work for you if you are a wealthy Singapore airlines customer

This card will only work for you if you are a wealthy Singapore Airlines customer. But if you travel business, first or suites class regularly, then The American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card is a good card to have. Not only will you earn 2 KrisFlyer miles per $1 for your Singapore Airlines bookings and 1.3 KrisFlyer miles per $1 for local spending, but you will also enjoy PPS club benefits.

Related Forums

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

What are bond and how do they work?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

What are investments in Singapore that would provide guaranteed principal and returns?

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

Related Reviews

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

Poor and upleasant hotline

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

Great customer service officers

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

American Express Personal Card / American Express International

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.