Forum
Last updated: 

I would like to know what the annual fee for the American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card and how I stand to earn from my spend transactions?

If I am correct, I believe the American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card promotes a welcome bonus of up to 30,800 KrisFlyer miles when one spends in the first 3 months.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Yes it is accurate that they offer a welcome bonus of up to 30,800 KrisFlyer miles when you spend in your first 3 months. Interestingly the annual fee of S$551.05 (inclusive of GST) is waived for the first year while the annual Supplementary Card Fee of S$80.25 (inclusive of GST) is also waived for the first year. As for earnings, you get to earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on all your eligible purchases with your Card, 1.4 KrisFlyer miles (local spend) and 2 KrisFlyer miles (for overseas spend) for every S$1 spent above S$3,800 per month and 3.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on Grab Singapore transactions, up to S$200 spend in each calendar month.

2019.08.01 5:38

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

Earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 you spend on all purchases in Singapore

This card allows for users to earn KrisFlyer miles faster with 2 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 spent on singaporeair.com, silkair.com, KrisShop and at SilkAir SkyShop, both in-flight and online. I like that a lot as I am a frequent flyer. Additionally, you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 you spend on all purchases in Singapore and 1.4 KrisFlyer miles per $1 after you spend over $3,800 in a month.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

No conversion fee and miles goes directly goes into your KrisFlyer account

This card has no conversion fee and every KrisFlyer mile you earn by using this card goes directly goes into your KrisFlyer account. There's no need to pay conversion fees or book your flights weeks in advance as all American Express and Singapore Airlines co-branded cards let you earn KrisFlyer miles automatically. Other miles credit cards like Citi PremierMiles Visa Card and UOB PRVI Miles Visa Card let you earn points which then have to be converted to Krisflyer miles plus you still need to pay a conversion fee.

Low point with this card is that it’s only for Singapore Airlines PPS Club members

The low point with this card is that it’s only for Singapore Airlines PPS Club members. Basically you will have to be a member of the Singapore Airlines PPS Club, and joining the club isn't as easy as you may assume. Essentially, you will have to make $25,000 net worth of travel bookings for suites, first class or business class on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir, within the space of one year.

This card will only work for you if you are a wealthy Singapore airlines customer

This card will only work for you if you are a wealthy Singapore Airlines customer. But if you travel business, first or suites class regularly, then The American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card is a good card to have. Not only will you earn 2 KrisFlyer miles per $1 for your Singapore Airlines bookings and 1.3 KrisFlyer miles per $1 for local spending, but you will also enjoy PPS club benefits.

Recommending Forums

In light of your understanding what stands Amex Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card apart from other airline credit cards?

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card

Related Forums

Is it true that foreigners would be subjected to aggregate loan caps?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

What are Stocks?

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

Related Reviews

You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear

I would recommend the card for use by people who frequently purchase clothing and electronics and also in particular from known on online merchants like AliExpress, Amazon, Lazada, Shopee and Taobao.You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear, clothes, bags and shoes, department stores, electronics and gadgets; which cover almost all retails. Also the OCBC Reward is a $10 rebate for 3600 points which I think is fare.

OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation