Please I would like to know how the transactions for 10x OCBC$ is determined?

As regards the OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card, how are the transactions for the 10x OCBC$ determined and when do I receive the 10x OCBC$?

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

Generally, all transactions made on credit cards (OCBC Titanium Credit Card inclusive) are automatically categorized according to the Merchant Category Code (MCC) of the store, which determines whether the transaction is eligible for additional rewards. OCBC Titanium Rewards Card, 10x OCBC$ are automatically awarded for transactions made at merchants that fall within the specific MCCs. E.g. MCC 5611 Men’s and Boys’ Clothing and MCC 5621 Women’s Ready to Wear Stores. As such, transactions for the eligible merchants will be awarded with 1x OCBC$ credited when the transaction is posted and the remaining 9x OCBC$ credited manually by the end of the following month, computed based on the relevant transaction posting date.

2019.08.01 5:43

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear

OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

I would recommend the card for use by people who frequently purchase clothing and electronics and also in particular from known on online merchants like AliExpress, Amazon, Lazada, Shopee and Taobao.You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear, clothes, bags and shoes, department stores, electronics and gadgets; which cover almost all retails. Also the OCBC Reward is a $10 rebate for 3600 points which I think is fare.

Rewards are limited to item-based purchases

Sadly despite this card’s variety and flexibility, rewards are still limited to item-based purchases. Spend that are more closely linked to experiences like dining, entertainment and travel earn just 1 point per S$1. On the flip side, OCBC Titanium Card does offer regional dining discounts, deals at Cathay Cineplexes, and discounted airport lounge and JetQuay Quayside access. However, consumers who spend more on experiences than on items might prefer an alternative Card.

Consumers can pair with another card to earn high rates with no added cost

OCBC Titanium card is one of the best shopper cards on the market because its S$192.6 fee is waived with just S$10,000 annual spend. Consumers can pair this with another card to earn high rates in multiple categories with no added cost. Ultimately, OCBC Titanium Rewards Card is an excellent option for shoppers seeking high rates and flexibility.

2% Cash Rebate when you spend at BEST Denki

With a 10x OCBC$ that is 10 points or 4 Miles for every $1 spent on clothes, shoes, bags, department stores, kids wear, electronic gadgets, online, offline, locally and overseas and a 2% Cash Rebate when you spend at BEST Denki, on top of the existing 10 OCBC$ (worth 4 Miles) OCBC Titanium Rewards Card members earn on a usual basis.

16% discount at Caltex and Esso stations

I like the cards feature which gives a 10x OCBC$ 10 points or 4 Miles for every $1 spent on clothes, shoes, bags, department stores, kids wear, electronic gadgets, online, offline, locally and overseas. Check out the offering of up to 16% discount at Caltex and Esso stations and the exclusive access at USD 27 per visit per person to more than 800 lounges regardless of the airline

Related Forums

What are bond and how do they work?

What are the different types of stock?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

Related Reviews

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

Emergency legal and medical assistance

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

Fantastic Rewards

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear

I would recommend the card for use by people who frequently purchase clothing and electronics and also in particular from known on online merchants like AliExpress, Amazon, Lazada, Shopee and Taobao.You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear, clothes, bags and shoes, department stores, electronics and gadgets; which cover almost all retails. Also the OCBC Reward is a $10 rebate for 3600 points which I think is fare.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.