Forum
Last updated: 

Will I enjoy all the discounts and privileges offered by OCBC and Esso service stations if I pay and earn Smiles points using this card?

What is the Plus! Visa and Smiles 2-in-1 Programme all about and do I get to enjoy the discounts and privileges offered by OCBC and Esso service stations if I pay and earn Smiles points using this card?

User comments

• user image

No Name

The NTUC Plus! Visa credit card and Smiles 2-in-1 Programme simply allows a NTUC/OCBC Plus! Visa card to be linked to an Esso Smiles Account. By creating a new Smiles Account and linking it to a NTUC/OCBC Plus! Visa card, the card member can use his Visa card to pay for fuel and earn Smiles points using one card. You will receive 0.2% LinkPoints based on your gross fuel spend and Smiles points equivalent to 2.5% fuel savings will be awarded when 250 litres of Synergy fuel are purchased within a calendar month using the same Smiles card.

2019.08.01 5:50

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

I get great discounts when I do grocery shopping at the supermarket

I get great discounts when I do grocery shopping at the supermarket and would like to recommend this card to others to give it a try. I encourage you to look out for the usually good rebates, discounts and promotions. Basically numerous benefits that suit different people and lifestyles.

A very important card for folks like me who frequent AMK hub NTUC Extra.

I like this card as I can earn rebate from NTUC all at the same time. I hope and look out to more rebates from them for this card in the near future. Usually they have a lot of discounts, link points and rebates when use in Fairprice supermarkets. A very important card for folks like me who frequent AMK hub NTUC Extra.

The perks are extremely good for working adults

With the NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card you need to spend a minimum of S$400 monthly anywhere outside of FairPrice to qualify for it and up to 12% off at FairPrice Stores, Unity and Warehouse Club and up to 8% off at FairPrice. The perks are extremely good for working adults. I highly recommend this credit card especially also as overdue payments can be easily waived with just a phone call away.

Recommending Forums

My son just turned 21 years, what are the highlights of an NTUC/OCBC Plus! Visa Credit Cards? My husband and I want to gift him one.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card

What are the additional rebate benefit provided by OCBC?

Who can be a NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card STACK member?

Related Forums

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

What are bond and how do they work?

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

What are the characteristics of a bond?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Related Reviews

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

Customer care service at top notch

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore