Forum
Last updated: 

What are the benefits of the OCBC Arts Credit Card?

I am an arts undergraduate and feel it is only right that I go for a card that will compliment my passion and creative side, thus I would like to know the benefits I stand to gain with the OCBC Arts Credit Card.

User comments

• user image

No Name

With the OCBC Arts Credit Card you get priority bookings for shows by W!LD RICE, The Theatre Practice, Ding Yi Music, Singapore Dance Theatre, Singapore Lyric Opera and with even more fantastic ticket discounts to enjoy local and international productions with up to 20% off ticket prices. You also get to benefit when you spend and redeem tickets and invites to exclusive events, shows and exhibitions at the museum, theatre and so on.

2019.08.01 5:53

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

5% off Saver fares valid on Economy Class and Business Class to all Emirates-operated destinations.

The OCBC Arts Credit Card offers a thrilling 10% off Flex and Flex Plus fares and 5% off Saver fares valid on Economy Class and Business Class to all Emirates-operated destinations.These special fares came in handy and very helpful on my last overseas trip using emirates. Please be aware that all the fares stated are after discount anyway

OCBC Arts Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

The introductory annual fee is waived for the first 2 years

The introductory annual fee is waived for the first 2 years. This card has a $160.50 annual fee which is waived for the first 2 years along with the supplementary annual card fee of $80.25 which will also be waived during that intro period. Card members earn 1 OCBC$ rewards point per every $1 spent and you can redeem your rewards for retail vouchers at a large number of merchants and instant discounts at Timbre.

Cardholders can benefit from exclusive discounts and deals on a number of local and international entertainment events

Earn 3 OCBC$ per $1 spent on ticket purchases for events made through SISTIC. Ultimately you get rewarded for planning ahead and buying tickets to the events you love, and up to 20% discounts on all local & international productions. Cardholders can benefit from exclusive discounts and deals on a number of local and international musical and theatre productions as well as events, festivals, concerts and more.

For instance a 15% off your bill instantly at selected restaurants and 20% off your bill instantly at selected online retailers.

Priority events booking. Users will benefit from priority bookings at a large variety of events including W!LD RICE, the Theatre Practice, Ding Yi Music, Singapore Dance Theatre, Singapore Lyric Opera and more. I also find the dining and shopping privileges to be cool with benefits from discounts and offers at retail and dining outlets across Singapore. For instance a 15% off your bill instantly at selected restaurants and 20% off your bill instantly at selected online retailers.

Gain priority access and discounts to tickets for theatre, art and music events.

OCBC Arts Credit Card is a rewards card with a complementary set of features for anyone using a credit card to pay for their cultural expenses. Not only do cardholders earn OCBC$ 3 times faster for ticket purchases through SISTIC, they can also gain priority access and discounts to tickets for theatre, art and music events.

Extra features make this card useful for people who are interested in art, music and cultural events.

Along with the standard perks an OCBC card provides, these extra features make this card useful for people who are interested in art, music and cultural events. Users will also benefit from a large range of discounts and perks on lifestyle and everyday purchases like retail shopping, dining, travel and tours.

Recommending Forums

If you were to recommend the OCBC Arts Credit Card, what would be the highlights or benefits you would proffer?

OCBC Arts Credit Card

Related Forums

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Poor and upleasant hotline

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore