Forum
Last updated: 

Can I get someone to explain the term Balance Transfer?

What is the meaning of the term Balance Transfer with the OCBC Platinum and can unused credit limit be converted to extra cash with flexible repayments?

User comments

• user image

No Name

The OCBC Balance Transfer basically allows you to convert the unused available limit on your OCBC Credit Card or OCBC EasiCredit account to cash and enjoy interest savings on it, therefore allowing you to get extra cash for the things you need without the stress that comes with high interests. This is an interesting deal as it highlights a 0% interest with a one-time processing fee for 1 year from as low as 4.5% p.a. (EIR from 5.20% p.a.) and a flexible minimal monthly repayment of 3% or S$50 of your total outstanding balance, whichever is higher.

2019.08.01 5:54

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Manage rewards points balances and expiring points across participating rewards programmes

This is probably the only multi-partner loyalty program that allows you to manage your points, exchanges and programmes almost effortlessly. The really try to make rewards programme members really happy.The card allows us to manage rewards points balances and expiring points across participating rewards programmes, all on one single platform. So you can in effect do away with the pain of slow point’s accumulation.

OCBC Platinum Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Probably the best Family-Friendly cards out there committed to take care of you and your family

Probably the best Family-Friendly cards out there which is committed to take care of you and your beloved family. If you charge childcare and enrichment programmes to your card, you will get to save up to 35%, and for every S$1 you spent, you will earn 1 OCBC$. You can then redeem your accumulated OCBC$ for Robinsons vouchers, dining vouchers, and more. Alternatively, you can transfer your existing card to OCBC with OCBC balance transfer programme of 0% interest charge for up to 1 year of repayment period. The processing fee will be 1.68% for a 3 months repayment period; 2.50% for a 6 months repayment period; and 4.50% for a 12 months repayment period.

You will enjoy 2 years annual fee waiver for principal and supplementary cards

With respect to fees and charges, you will enjoy 2 years annual fee waiver for principal and supplementary cards. Annual fee for main card and supplementary card is S$160.50 and S$80.25, respectively. Sadly if you don’t maintain a good credit history on your card, you will need to pay interest of 25.92% per annum, with minimum charge of S$2.50. If no minimum monthly payment is received by payment due date, you will be charged for late payment, S$100. Minimum monthly payment is S$50, or 3% of your total balance, whichever is greater, plus amounts exceed of the credit limit and/or overdue amounts. Withdrawing cash will charge you S$15, or 6% of withdrawn amount, whichever is greater.

The OCBC$ rewards programme allows cardholders to earn 1 OCBC$ rewards point for every dollar spent on this card

The OCBC Platinum Credit Card is a rewards card that is targeted towards families as it offers special deals and perks on activities, shopping and recreation. The OCBC$ rewards programme allows cardholders to earn 1 OCBC$ rewards point for every dollar spent on this card. Another advantage worthy of note is that these points do not expire for 5 years, and therefore will give cardholders enough time to accumulate points to redeem for rewards that matter.

Introductory annual fee waived for the first two years

Introductory annual fee waived for the first two years. You should take advantage of having no principal or supplementary cardholder fees for the first two years of this card after that, the principal cardholder annual fee is $160.50, and the supplementary cardholder annual fee is $80.25. Additional benefits of the card include discounts and offers spanning a wide range of categories from travel to childcare.

OCBC$ rewards programme allows me to earn 1 OCBC$ for every dollar charged to my card

OCBC$ rewards programme allows me to earn 1 OCBC$ for every dollar charged to my card. These can be redeemed subsequently for vouchers at a number of stores and malls such as Robinsons, TANGS and Orchard Central. Make the most of the free time with your family engaging in family activities and entertainment discounts For instance, you get to enjoy special discounted rates at Pororo Park Singapore, MasterCard privileges at Adventure Cove Waterpark and S.E.A. Aquarium, movie ticket discounts at Cathay Cineplexes and Shaw Theatres and more.

Recommending Forums

What counts towards the minimum amount one must spend on the OCBC Platinum Credit Card to earn an annual fee waiver?

OCBC Platinum Credit Card

Related Forums

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

Is it true that foreigners would be subjected to aggregate loan caps?

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

What are the characteristics of a bond?

Related Reviews

Customer care service at top notch

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card

You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear

I would recommend the card for use by people who frequently purchase clothing and electronics and also in particular from known on online merchants like AliExpress, Amazon, Lazada, Shopee and Taobao.You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear, clothes, bags and shoes, department stores, electronics and gadgets; which cover almost all retails. Also the OCBC Reward is a $10 rebate for 3600 points which I think is fare.

OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International